Rovers v Fulham

Discuss all things Rovers related except...
Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Rovers v Fulham

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:31 am

Wovers' former boss Woy Hodgson weturns to Ewood on Saturday. Fulham are starting to look like they're going to need a miwacle to avoid welegation this season. We, on the other hand, should see this as a good opportunity to pick up fwee points and stay in the chase for Euwopean football, especially since Woy's men have only found the net in one of their last seven matches in all competitions. Of course, you can't take anything for gwanted in the Pwemier League, but surely no one finks we'll stwuggle so long as we put the effort in?

Willy
Ageing international

Re: Rovers v Fulham

Post by Willy » Tue Mar 04, 2008 11:57 am

Wover The Top, I think we'll womp to victowy. I wemember when we beat them 2-1 a couple of years back with those gweat goals from Tugay and Pedersen. Magic.

iamarover
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by iamarover » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:00 pm

Will Woque Santa Cwuz wun wiot?

doz_magic_man
Valued squad member

Post by doz_magic_man » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:22 pm

Fulham are as good as down and if we fail to win we can only blame ourselves.

Speaking of Roy Hodsgon, my best mate's brother (Simon Davies) says that he has never played under such a massively knowledgeable manager and that he's a damn good coach. I'm surprised he hasn't done more to stave off relegation in that case.

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:23 pm

doz_magic_man wrote:Fulham are as good as down and if we fail to win we can only blame ourselves.

Speaking of Roy Hodsgon, my best mate's brother (Simon Davies) says that he has never played under such a massively knowledgeable manager and that he's a damn good coach. I'm surprised he hasn't done more to stave off relegation in that case.
None of it helps if your players are shit sadly

Willy
Ageing international

Post by Willy » Tue Mar 04, 2008 12:30 pm

I think Fulham actually have a decent squad compared to the other relegation threatened teams.

B.R.F.C.
New signing

Post by B.R.F.C. » Tue Mar 04, 2008 2:49 pm

come on wovers

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:00 pm

Willy wrote:I think Fulham actually have a decent squad compared to the other relegation threatened teams.
The results would suggest otherwise. Maybe it's like Keggle says, it's all about confidence.

Willy
Ageing international

Post by Willy » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:10 pm

Results certainly would suggest otherwise but I do think they'd be the best squad to go down since we did. The phrase "too good to go down" has always annoyed me because no-one is too good to go down, but I think it would apply to Fulham in the same way it applied to us in 2000. I'm not saying they have any particularly outstanding players but I'd bet a few of them would leave if the prospect of Championship football beckoned.

Joe
Ageing international

Post by Joe » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:35 pm

Willy wrote:Results certainly would suggest otherwise but I do think they'd be the best squad to go down since we did. The phrase "too good to go down" has always annoyed me because no-one is too good to go down, but I think it would apply to Fulham in the same way it applied to us in 2000. I'm not saying they have any particularly outstanding players but I'd bet a few of them would leave if the prospect of Championship football beckoned.
I'd say Newcastle have the best squad out of the teams down there.

Willy
Ageing international

Post by Willy » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:39 pm

True, but I wouldn't necessarily class Newcastle as one of the teams in real danger. As much as I'd like to see them go down, I can't see it happening. Sure, looking at the table now suggests that they are in as much trouble as anyone (bar Derby) but they'll scab their way out of it somehow. It'd be too good to be true if them arrogant Geordie wankers got relegated.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:53 pm

Newcastle not in real danger? They need GPS to find the goals, have a crippling goal difference, and are only 3 points above the dropzone, whilst the teams below are picking up every scrappy point they can. Their manager is clueless, and seems to be waiting for divine intervention from his father to save them, failing to notice that the last messiah still got crucified. I think they're in serious trouble, Reading, Wigan, Sunderland and Birmingham all have enough fight in them to stay up. All you hear from Newcastle is resignation to the fact they're in a relegation battle.

I think the only thing that might keep them up is the fact Bolton haven't got a striker. It'll be close.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Tue Mar 04, 2008 4:54 pm

That's not what you said the other day.... ;)

Willy
Ageing international

Post by Willy » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:02 pm

Newcastle are too big a club to go down. They have magnificent support and a great stadium. Those reasons alone should keep them up.

:numpty;

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Tue Mar 04, 2008 5:06 pm

Willy wrote:Newcastle are too big a club to go down. They have magnificent support and a great stadium. Those reasons alone should keep them up.

:numpty;
They're going down. :D