Rumours, wishlists and general tomfoolery

Rovers related transfer rumours and transfer news
Thorisgodpoo
Experienced international star

Re: Rumours, wishlists and general tomfoolery

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:14 pm

Sure, it is a step up. I think he is worth a trial, but I don't think it would be necessary right now to bring another centreback in the mix, with Lenihan on the brink and Williams being rediscovered as a centreback option.

thehatts
Ageing international

Post by thehatts » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:26 pm

Thorisgodpoo wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:14 pm
Sure, it is a step up. I think he is worth a trial, but I don't think it would be necessary right now to bring another centreback in the mix, with Lenihan on the brink and Williams being rediscovered as a centreback option.
Okey doke. Could be a massive gift horse. I honestly can’t judge how good Lenihan is. Looked ok in championship and looked shaky in one and only league one game. I went to the game at roots hall.

Thorisgodpoo

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:35 pm

I am not going to deny something that hasn't happened or without giving a chance. He could be great, also could be crap. But we won't know unless there is a trial. Might also have to take into factor he doesn't want to play anymore.

thehatts
Ageing international

Post by thehatts » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:40 pm

Thorisgodpoo wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:35 pm
I am not going to deny something that hasn't happened or without giving a chance. He could be great, also could be crap. But we won't know unless there is a trial. Might also have to take into factor he doesn't want to play anymore.
No he was interviewed today saying he is looking for a club. Over his depression although i’m Not sure you fully get over it but learn to manage it. Hasn’t placed a bet for over a year. Training in Woking sports centre at the mo. Desperate to get playing again. Still only 26. Well worth a trial.

Thorisgodpoo

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:49 pm

I agree, depression is a complex issue and could be a hurdle for clubs to consider if they sign him on. Although him admitting his shortcomings shows more mental strength than anything else. I think he is worth a look when able.

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:33 pm

thehatts wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:04 pm
theadore wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:37 pm
Really?

Surely still looking for a substantial wage befitting a former 10 million plus player... Potentially upsetting the squad with a questionable character isn't what I would do when momentum is with me.
Released from QPR, looking for a club to give him a chance. Second chances and that :shrug: I doubt he could or would demand high wages now. I say again released from QPR not Inter Milan. I would get him in a take a look. He had a gambling habit and depression.
Don't disagree... My point was more that in our current position we don't need to take the chance.

thehatts
Ageing international

Post by thehatts » Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:34 pm

theadore wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:33 pm
thehatts wrote:
theadore wrote:
Really?

Surely still looking for a substantial wage befitting a former 10 million plus player... Potentially upsetting the squad with a questionable character isn't what I would do when momentum is with me.
Released from QPR, looking for a club to give him a chance. Second chances and that :shrug: I doubt he could or would demand high wages now. I say again released from QPR not Inter Milan. I would get him in a take a look. He had a gambling habit and depression.
Don't disagree... My point was more that in our current position we don't need to take the chance.
but acting slow doesn’t normally get you anything. I would be surprised if no other team will pick him up before the summer.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Sat Feb 03, 2018 8:30 am

Unnecessary risk in my opinion. Good luck to the guy, but too many questionmarks over his temperament for this stage of the season.

stillgrowling
Promising youngster

Post by stillgrowling » Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:32 am

Having dispatched Ward off to MKD we are a tad short of cover at centre half. Perhaps Mowbray might see him as a better option than Downing.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Sat Feb 03, 2018 12:50 pm

Downing who we just signed on a permanent deal?

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Sat Feb 03, 2018 1:20 pm

stillgrowling wrote:
Sat Feb 03, 2018 11:32 am
Having dispatched Ward off to MKD we are a tad short of cover at centre half. Perhaps Mowbray might see him as a better option than Downing.
Rovers still look good at the back even with Mulgrew out. Another injury to Williams or Downing would leave us short but we cannot take on another defender on the basis we might lose more than one defender to long term injury or suspension. Mulgrew will be available again probably next weekend and that leaves Mowbray a selection dilemma should the back four perform well at Plymouth today. I think the squad looks very strong now and all effort should be put into going all out with what we have. I am confident we will finish in the top two places. Progress made during the 18 games unbeaten has seen Rovers claw back a gap of around ten points. With a similar amount of games left i can see Rovers gaining promotion hopefully with a game or two left. I am a long in the tooth Rovers follower and used to seeing Rovers doing things the hard way but along with Wigan Rovers are a big fish in this league One pond. Shrewsbury have over performed this season and done well but the two Lancashire clubs have better squads that will perform more consistantly towards the end of the season.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Thu Feb 22, 2018 6:39 pm

Clubs vote to shorten the summer transfer window so it shuts on 9th August.

Makes sense to get all that nonsense out of the way before the season starts.

ReallyRelievedRover
New signing

Post by ReallyRelievedRover » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:25 pm

Hi guys, nice to be here, been reading this site for quite some time, now I'm a member. I know enough about you guys to know Blackbat loves to fish, I must be careful not to bite ;)

So... Time for some Rovers Talk!
In the article - https://www.rovers.co.uk/news/2018/marc ... r-darragh/
This paragraph in particular took my attention, the last line to be more precise. Does anyone else read it as "I'm off in the summer if we aren't promoted or if a Premier League or favourite for promotion team in the Championship want me?
Here's the quote -
“It would be huge to run out there. It’s been a dream of mine to play for my country since I was a child. Fingers crossed it does come about, but if it doesn’t then I’ll keep my focus on Blackburn from now until the end of the season."

Thoughts?

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:46 pm

Welcome to non-lurkerville! :)

think most of our players probably feel the same. We need to get promoted to hold on to our better players.

thehatts
Ageing international

Post by thehatts » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:58 pm

thehatts wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 11:34 pm
theadore wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 9:33 pm
thehatts wrote:
theadore wrote:
Really?

but acting slow doesn’t normally get you anything. I would be surprised if no other team will pick him up before the summer.
Would have been easy money. Dundee have already turned down a 2m offer from Norway for him. Then again Lenihan has massively stepped up since his return.