Promising youngster

Re: Rumours, wishlists and general tomfoolery

Post by zeffania » Thu Jan 31, 2019 3:06 pm

Rudy, yea but not Carroll as he is never fit

Thorisgodpoo
Ageing international

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Thu Jan 31, 2019 4:21 pm

I would rather make a poll about Andy Carroll's top 10 goals than for him to be here. (HINT: I have only seen one and it wasn't fun)

I would take Gestede back though if willing. Loved him during his time. Only problem is I don't know if he can be a lone striker. I think the reason he got so many goals was because he was partnered up with Rhodes.

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Fri Feb 01, 2019 11:20 am

Really sensible comments from Mowbray today in the LT. Venky's were supportive of making signings and money was available but clearly the targets we were interested in the selling clubs were wanting stupid money and stupid salaries. Nice to see trust and transparency between the owners and manager and not making stupid decisions.

Chapman was a bonus but I don't think we really needed much else, a striker would have been a bonus but not essential. You would expect that Dack (already there), Graham (nearly there) and Armstrong will all end the season in double figures so plenty of goals from them. Then we've had goals from Mulgrew, Nuttall now chipping in and hopefully something from Brereton.

We've got a lot of options in midfield, good cover at centre back as well as right back. You'd argue that left back is a weak point but Bell has been fine and we have Williams as back up.

Better off allowing for a better budget in the summer when we'll hopefully get better value for money.

stillgrowling
Promising youngster

Post by stillgrowling » Fri Feb 01, 2019 6:52 pm

The important thing for me was not the possibility of new signings, but escaping unscathed from the transfer market when we have so many cracking young players.

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Tue Apr 23, 2019 7:22 pm

Rovers boss Mowbray heads to Europe on scouting mission...
“All the staff have been away in Europe on scouting missions and I am off to Europe myself where I’ll spend the next two days with my eye out for some talent.
I just wish he have said footballing talent.