Rumours, wishlists and general tomfoolery

Rovers related transfer rumours and transfer news
Thorisgodpoo
Ageing international

Re: Rumours, wishlists and general tomfoolery

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:31 pm

All reports on MLS side is they are asking for a lot of money for Harrison. MLS isn't the same league it was 5 years ago.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Tue Jan 30, 2018 10:20 am

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Tue Jan 30, 2018 2:14 pm

Elliot Ward has gone to MK Dons on loan for the rest of the season. Darragh Lenihan must not be too far away from being available. Former Rover Connor Mahoney has gone on loan to Barnsley.

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Wed Jan 31, 2018 5:22 pm

Not much happening regarding Rovers on the last day of the transfer window...thus far. A couple of ex Rovers though have made moves. Ben Marshall has been loaned out to Millwall and Anthony Stokes has had is contract cancelled by mutual consent by Hiberian.

Thorisgodpoo
Ageing international

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Wed Jan 31, 2018 6:10 pm

Callum Wright makes a permanent move to Leicester City. Unfortunate we didn't get to see what he is made of, but I hope they made some good money off the deal.

Edit: Scott Wharton sent out on loan to Lincoln City and Connor Thomson has been released.

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Wed Jan 31, 2018 8:22 pm

Sounds like Callum Wright is the winner out of those three then

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Thu Feb 01, 2018 7:46 am

Nope, Scott Wharton, because he’s still ONE OF US! :hyper:

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:14 am

I would have liked to have seen Rovers sign Harry Chapman perminently but perhaps that deal can be done in the summer. With the additions of Armstrong and Payne Rovers look stronger than ever going forward. Defensively the addition of Bell came at the right time with the injury to Mulgrew. Overall Mowbray has done some good business during the transfer window. On Callum Wright well its Connor Mahoney all over again. I am of the opinion you are better proving yourself first at the club you are at. Mahoney could have been a Rovers first teamer this season and more than likely would have a medal in his display cabinet come May. Wright perhaps slightly differently in that he isnt considered for the first team yet. In both cases maybe the bank account might be better off but what is the point of moving to a different club only to eventually be loaned out to other clubs to get the same experience they would get if they just stayed put. Mahoney is now on loan at Barnsley. As for Ben Marshall and Anthony Stokes well Marshall moved to Wolves when Lambert was in charge and has been out of favour since injury and change of manager came along. Good luck to him. Anthony Stokes well Leon Best comes to mind in comparison. Contracts cancelled at Rovers and now Hibs. Make up your own mind on that one.

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:28 am

Darth Rover wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:14 am
In both cases maybe the bank account might be better off but what is the point of moving to a different club only to eventually be loaned out to other clubs to get the same experience they would get if they just stayed put.
If I was a 17 year old aspiring footballer and someone was offering more money to move to a club in a higher division, I'd be off like a shot. Especially with the option of being loaned out, that way you're probably going to be playing more first team football than you would sitting in an U23 squad, and will have a chance to prove you deserve a first team place. There aren't many downsides as long as you're willing to relocate.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:41 am

Darth Rover wrote:
Thu Feb 01, 2018 11:14 am
I would have liked to have seen Rovers sign Harry Chapman perminently but perhaps that deal can be done in the summer.
I think his contract’s up in the summer.

thehatts
Ageing international

Post by thehatts » Fri Feb 02, 2018 1:59 pm

Steven caulker needs a club. Over his gambling issues and in control of his depression. Still only 26. Last released by QPR. Well worth getting in.

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:37 pm

Really?

Surely still looking for a substantial wage befitting a former 10 million plus player... Potentially upsetting the squad with a questionable character isn't what I would do when momentum is with me.

thehatts
Ageing international

Post by thehatts » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:04 pm

theadore wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 6:37 pm
Really?

Surely still looking for a substantial wage befitting a former 10 million plus player... Potentially upsetting the squad with a questionable character isn't what I would do when momentum is with me.
Released from QPR, looking for a club to give him a chance. Second chances and that :shrug: I doubt he could or would demand high wages now. I say again released from QPR not Inter Milan. I would get him in a take a look. He had a gambling habit and depression.

Thorisgodpoo
Ageing international

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:04 pm

I think centreback is one of the positions we are good in.

thehatts
Ageing international

Post by thehatts » Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:08 pm

Thorisgodpoo wrote:
Fri Feb 02, 2018 7:04 pm
I think centreback is one of the positions we are good in.
Championship is a big step up. Mulgrew will be 32. Will leave it then. Obviously don’t rate him.