Rumours, wishlists and general tomfoolery

Rovers related transfer rumours and transfer news
mrblackbat
Promising manager

Re: Rumours, wishlists and general tomfoolery

Post by mrblackbat » Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:56 pm

I think the best clause would be a clause that says they give us 100 million but he stays registered with us.

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:08 pm

although if we had 100 million we could probably buy better players...

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Fri Jan 19, 2018 3:32 pm

And we could sell him again!

Joe
Ageing international

Post by Joe » Fri Jan 19, 2018 9:10 pm

mrblackbat wrote:
Fri Jan 19, 2018 2:56 pm
I think the best clause would be a clause that says they give us 100 million but he stays registered with us.
£101 million?

Thorisgodpoo
Experienced international star

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:10 pm

Reports of a 4 million bid rejected from Cardiff for Bradley Dack. A bunch of other Championship tier clubs lining up for him as well. Will be hard to keep him on if they out in a downright silly bid.

In other news, reports going around that Jason Lowe is still being linked to a loan move back here. Wouldn't mind that if it strengthened our midfield a bit.

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Mon Jan 22, 2018 2:19 pm

Thorisgodpoo wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 1:10 pm
Reports of a 4 million bid rejected from Cardiff for Bradley Dack. A bunch of other Championship tier clubs lining up for him as well. Will be hard to keep him on if they out in a downright silly bid.

In other news, reports going around that Jason Lowe is still being linked to a loan move back here. Wouldn't mind that if it strengthened our midfield a bit.
Just been reading the various reports about the offers for Dack. A lot would depend on the terms of the contract he signed with Rovers in the summer. He is an integral part of the Rovers team and one would hope Rovers would do everything possible to hang on to him. On Jason Lowe well the media seem to have the opinion Rovers let him go because his wages were to high for league one. Nothing to do with the fact he never lived up to the promise he once showed. Nothing against the lad but we dont need him. He will probably have his contract cancelled in the summer should Birmingham be relegated anyway.

stillgrowling
New signing

Post by stillgrowling » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:50 pm

I don't see the advantage to Dack of signing for a Championship club, especially if Rovers consolidate their no. 2 spot, unless there was a significant wage rise.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:56 pm

stillgrowling wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:50 pm
I don't see the advantage to Dack of signing for a Championship club, especially if Rovers consolidate their no. 2 spot, unless there was a significant wage rise.
Not even to a side in the playoffs positions in the Championship and only a couple of places off second? :yeahright:

Thorisgodpoo
Experienced international star

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:43 pm

To me, it would have to be downright silly bid to get him to leave. I can see he has aspirations to make it big, but Dack seems like he is thoroughly enjoying his time here. It would be weird for a player to move on 6 months into a new club where he seems to be the life of the party.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Mon Jan 22, 2018 7:30 pm

thehatts
Ageing international

Post by thehatts » Mon Jan 22, 2018 9:01 pm

stillgrowling wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 3:50 pm
The other thing is all the teams mention (likely to be rubbish reporting) are all playoff potentials. They have the pull of potential prem football and wages. I really don’t think he will go. Business is business at the end of the day. If a ridiculous offer came in you never know.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:32 am

Thorisgodpoo wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:43 pm
To me, it would have to be downright silly bid to get him to leave. I can see he has aspirations to make it big, but Dack seems like he is thoroughly enjoying his time here. It would be weird for a player to move on 6 months into a new club where he seems to be the life of the party.
I think if it's a significant step up, the majority of players would take the chance regardless of how long they'd been at the club. Even when we were a top 10 PL side, we struggled to keep players in the form of their lives for more than 12 months. I thought it was eye-opening when we paid £750k for him, but if teams are prepared to offer 5 times that for him now, I don't know if there's a wrong decision.

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:14 am

Rover the Top wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 8:32 am
Thorisgodpoo wrote:
Mon Jan 22, 2018 5:43 pm
I think if it's a significant step up, the majority of players would take the chance regardless of how long they'd been at the club. Even when we were a top 10 PL side, we struggled to keep players in the form of their lives for more than 12 months. I thought it was eye-opening when we paid £750k for him, but if teams are prepared to offer 5 times that for him now, I don't know if there's a wrong decision.
I'd say selling was generally a negative at this point... if the wheels come off the promotion push then this will be where the finger is pointed. If you do it without him, people will still lament not having him next season. I'm sure money is always nice - but there doesn't seem to be a particular lack of it at the moment... if we get back to the championship and more restrictive 'fair' play rules then we might not be in a position to get as good a replacement.

That all said - it would hardly be the crime of the century.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:53 am

theadore wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:14 am

I'd say selling was generally a negative at this point... if the wheels come off the promotion push then this will be where the finger is pointed. If you do it without him, people will still lament not having him next season. I'm sure money is always nice - but there doesn't seem to be a particular lack of it at the moment... if we get back to the championship and more restrictive 'fair' play rules then we might not be in a position to get as good a replacement.

That all said - it would hardly be the crime of the century.
And if we don't sell him, his form tails off, the wheels come off our promotion charge anyway and he leaves for a lower fee in the summer?

If you could guarantee that things would remain constant if we didn't sell him, we'd stay in second and get promoted, it would be an easy decision. But you can't do that. You can argue there's potential problems however the club handle a firm bid. So keeping him and hoping he keeps his motivation and helps us to promotion would be a sound decision. But making 400% profit after just 6 months would also be a sound decision.

stillgrowling
New signing

Post by stillgrowling » Tue Jan 23, 2018 12:25 pm

I'd be almost as worried about Mowbray going, as his inbound transfers have for the most part been excellent.