Re: Rumours, wishlists and general tomfoolery

Post by Gibbon » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:10 pm

Hurray! :hyper:

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:10 pm

Mauro Formica 2.0 :yeahright:

I still find what happened with Byrne a little baffling. Coyle has previous with loaning good technical players from the bigger clubs, well I'm thinking of Wilshere and Sturridge mainly. But whenever I saw Byrne play he looked pretty handy. Perhaps if we'd been free of relegation he'd have played more who knows. But equally I never see the logic of not playing a player who can keep and rotate possession, dribble and make incisive passes in the middle of the pitch to complement a destroyer. We seem to have had a string of managers who opt to play two destroyers who seldom do much more than safe passes backwards or sideways and we still concede shit loads of goals.

Having said that he's used Bennett centrally a couple of times now and that's been relatively successful.
Last edited by mcteeth on Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:13 pm, edited 2 times in total.

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:11 pm

Dan wrote:Maybe he's the new Rochina?
Irreplaceable :(

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:38 pm

There's a few reports (in Turkish) saying he joined Gaziantepspor on a 1 1/2 year deal in January...

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:39 pm

At right back?

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:43 pm

No, goalkeeper/defender/midfielder/striker.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Wed Feb 08, 2017 1:49 pm

Ethiaa wrote:At right back?
Sağ arka.

:shrug:

Thorisgodpoo
Regular international

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Wed Feb 08, 2017 3:23 pm

mcteeth wrote:Having said that he's used Bennett centrally a couple of times now and that's been relatively successful.
Could be why Bennett really didn't get a lot of game time early on and was mainly in the reserves for a while, could have been training him in the center of the park. He certainly is able to be a gadget player that can be filled in pretty much anywhere, bar striker, centreback and goalkeeper.

Then again, I'm just making a guess. But i would like to think that guess is correct.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:12 pm

Thorisgodpoo wrote:
mcteeth wrote:Having said that he's used Bennett centrally a couple of times now and that's been relatively successful.
Could be why Bennett really didn't get a lot of game time early on and was mainly in the reserves for a while, could have been training him in the center of the park. He certainly is able to be a gadget player that can be filled in pretty much anywhere, bar striker, centreback and goalkeeper.

Then again, I'm just making a guess. But i would like to think that guess is correct.
What's the point in that, then? :shrug:

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Wed Feb 08, 2017 5:53 pm

I'd assumed that Bennett didn't play much because Feeney is Coyle's love child and Bennett wasn't as good as Conway or Marshall at the time :shrug:

I mean he got a game against QPR in the FA Cup because of injuries and rotation more than anything, but played very well and got an excellent assist. He seems to have grown in confidence and kept his place in the side since then even with Conway coming back and has gone on to score a thunder bastard and another good strike against Leeds.

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Thu Feb 09, 2017 3:29 pm

Decisions on Caddis and Mugni by the end of the week.
The pair have been training with the first-team squad this week in a bid to earn potential deals, with decisions expected to be made tomorrow.
Both are free agents, with right-back Caddis having been released by Birmingham City last month, while attacking midfielder Mugni, aged 25, left Flamengo in January having had a loan spell at Newell’s Old Boys.
Mugni meanwhile is an Argentinian attacking midfielder, but with an Italian passport, and started out at CA Colon in Argentina before a move to Flamengo in 2014 for just short of £1million.
(Mugni) is understood to have impressed with his technical ability, but the fitness of both, as well as their likely impact, will be assessed before any decisions are made.
Efe Ambrose continues to train with Rovers as they await a decision on whether the central defender will be granted a work permit ahead of his proposed loan move from Celtic.

Hudson
Regular international

Post by Hudson » Fri Feb 10, 2017 12:52 pm

Coyle reveals missed transfer targets
Rennes defender Dimitri Cavare and Watford defender Juan Paredes were both loan targets for the Championship club.
Coyle, 50, also confirmed they tried to sign Lens defender Abdoul Ba, as well as Vancouver Whitecaps' Giles Barnes.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:10 pm

Hudson wrote:Coyle reveals missed transfer targets
Rennes defender Dimitri Cavare and Watford defender Juan Paredes were both loan targets for the Championship club.
Coyle, 50, also confirmed they tried to sign Lens defender Abdoul Ba, as well as Vancouver Whitecaps' Giles Barnes.
Is it just me that finds it odd that they felt the need to tell us Coyle's age?

iamarover
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by iamarover » Fri Feb 10, 2017 4:17 pm

I thought it pretty odd.