Rumours, wishlists and general tomfoolery

Rovers related transfer rumours and transfer news
mcteeth
Ageing international

Re: Rumours, wishlists and general tomfoolery

Post by mcteeth » Fri Aug 03, 2018 5:07 pm

Will be really good if this does come through, he adds much needed pace to our attack and we know works will with this squad and Mowbray.

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Fri Aug 03, 2018 6:58 pm

Arma will probably be signing early next week according to some reports. This is the best signing so far this summer for Rovers. There has been some doubt over his quality at championship level but i believe he can flourish in the right environment and Rovers right now is the right place for him to be.

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Sat Aug 04, 2018 11:00 pm

Interesting to see what went on at the Middlesboro v Millwall game today. Harry Chapman started on the bench and their he sat all game. Even with boro being two down Tony Pulis brought on two other subs to eventually finish up 2-2. Inspired substitutions.....After the game Pulis made comment that boro were six players down from the team that finished last season. Harry is a great professional and team player but if he cannot make the starting first team when your manager is saying he is six players adrift of where he wants to be. Also Harry cannot be considered to be brought on even when your team is two down...well i would be thinking what do i have to do to get a game. Well the season is long and hard and maybe Harry has a part to play at Boro. If not then i know somewhere he will be welcome!

Thorisgodpoo
Experienced international star

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Sun Aug 05, 2018 2:31 pm

I think with Chapman being in the 18 is a sign he will be playing a part. He was a super sub for us when he played, so I could expect that to happen there.

John McGinn is reportedly getting interest from Blackburn Rovers. Although the price tag is about the same as Armstrong, he would add to an already competitive midfield.

Thorisgodpoo

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Mon Aug 06, 2018 12:12 pm

Back by popular demand, bingo night is back!

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Tue Aug 07, 2018 10:20 am

Reported defensive target, Patrick Bauer at Charlton takes to twitter to stress that he will not be signing a new contract with them. Charlton forum melts down.

Statement by Scumbag Lee Bowyer:
"Nothing has really changed regarding Pat. I’ve spoken to him myself. Steve Gallen (chief scout) has been in contact with his agent constantly. Obviously, Blackburn keep coming in and there is back and forth regarding Pat and the situation but it ain’t changed and it ain’t going to change. It disappoints me because he’s been badly advised to go and put something out on social media and it’s wrong. Verbally he has been offered a contract and his advisor said ‘No, Pat’s not interested in a new deal and he won’t sign a new deal’. Pat’s even said that in his own little statement that he won’t be signing a new deal. So it has been verbal, has it been written down, an offer? No, because there is no point writing it down if the agent is saying ‘no, he’s not interested anyway’.

“I understand Pat’s frustration. He’s a good player, that’s why Blackburn are interested in him and that’s why we don’t want to lose him because he’s important for us in our promotion this year, so why would we want to let him go? We’d be crazy to let him go and the owner recognises that and that’s why he said ‘no’ to their offer, or two or three offers, or however many they’ve made. He’s important to us. He’s a good player and a good lad. I know he hasn’t done this to be spiteful but I just think the timing of it with all the injuries and other things going on around the club, I just don’t think the timing is good. It disappoints me but I know this isn’t coming from Pat, I know he’s a good lad.”

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Tue Aug 07, 2018 1:16 pm

Sounds like there is a strong perception of a right mess behind the scenes there. It's nice to reflect on how settled things are at Rovers at the moment. Amazing what winning can do.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:22 pm

Imagine football clubs as airtight nordic bakeware, some regularly repaired and well maintained, regularly replaced seals etc... other’s neglected and allowed to fall into disrepair.

Now imagine that losing creates pressure within these containers. I imagine we wont know how well our nordic bakeware will hold up until we hit a rough patch. :detective:

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:42 pm

Rumour from the USA that Rovers have tabled a 1 million bid for Columbus Crew player Wil Trapp.

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:49 pm

Gibbon wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:22 pm
Imagine football clubs as airtight nordic bakeware, some regularly repaired and well maintained, regularly replaced seals etc... other’s neglected and allowed to fall into disrepair.

Now imagine that losing creates pressure within these containers. I imagine we wont know how well our nordic bakeware will hold up until we hit a rough patch. :detective:
I think you may be labouring under the false impression that some people maintain their Nordic bakeware to a high standard while the reality is that all bakeware inevitably has points of failure likely to become more obvious when the pressure is increased. At this point, you are then forced to deal with the leaking cake mix rather than the bakeware itself.

Only when it isn't leaking can you do anything about the structural deficiencies. As you rightly imply about our bakeware, without the imperative to do so who knows if any such action is taken until the pressure returns. It's also hard to know if it would be a good investment to do such maintenance at that point give the risk/reward nature of modern Nordic bakeware orientated culinary techniques. It may simply be in the nature of all Nordic bakeware to develop structural deficiencies when exposed to these pressures and attempts to avoid them futile.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:51 pm

Mowbray on Bauer.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:53 pm

Ethiaa wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:49 pm
Gibbon wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:22 pm

I think you may be labouring under the false impression that some people maintain their Nordic bakeware to a high standard while the reality is that all bakeware inevitably has points of failure likely to become more obvious when the pressure is increased. At this point, you are then forced to deal with the leaking cake mix rather than the bakeware itself.

Only when it isn't leaking can you do anything about the structural deficiencies. As you rightly imply about our bakeware, without the imperative to do so who knows if any such action is taken until the pressure returns. It's also hard to know if it would be a good investment to do such maintenance at that point give the risk/reward nature of modern Nordic bakeware orientated culinary techniques. It may simply be in the nature of all Nordic bakeware to develop structural deficiencies when exposed to these pressures and attempts to avoid them futile.
Food for thought.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:56 pm

Darth Rover wrote:
Tue Aug 07, 2018 3:42 pm
Rumour from the USA that Rovers have tabled a 1 million bid for Columbus Crew player Wil Trapp.
Twitter (via local reporter) says yes.

Thorisgodpoo

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Tue Aug 07, 2018 5:18 pm

Bid is way too low. Would need to be much higher. He is a fantastic midfield presence, plays deeper in midfield. Knows how to pick out a long ball too. I would be over the moon if we signed him, and would definitely put us in fringe position for playoff contention.

Columbus already rejected a bid for Zach Steffen from another Championship club for $3 million, so the price mark would need to be around there. Would be worth it for Trapp.

Edit: bias towards being a Columbus Crew supporter, and also knowing he is a product of a Northeast Ohio university (Go Zips!)

stillgrowling
Promising youngster

Post by stillgrowling » Wed Aug 08, 2018 1:37 pm

Surely a winger is more urgent than further cover at ch