Rovers related transfer rumours and transfer news
Just to be clear, we cannot pay a fee for a player.
The Football League has also confirmed the way in which FFP embargoes will operate for clubs placed under this sanction.
Clubs will be prohibited from registering any new professional players (permanent contract or loan) unless they have:
• 24 or fewer established players (players aged 21 or over that have made at least 5 starting appearances for the club).
Where clubs have fewer than 24 established players, they will only be permitted to sign players in the following circumstances (with the player in question being added to the club’s list of established players regardless of his age or previous playing experience):
• Where the employee costs of a player being signed are less than £600,000 per annum (or pro-rata if signed on a shorter contract).
Where clubs have 24 established players, they will be permitted to trade on a ‘one out, one in’ basis but only if the employee costs of the player coming in to the club are no more than whichever is the lower amount of:
• 75% of the equivalent costs of the player going out.
• Or a maximum of £600,000 per annum (or pro-rata if signed on shorter contract)
• Clubs under an FFP embargo will be permitted to sign a goalkeeper on an emergency basis (in line with existing regulations).
• Clubs under an FFP embargo will not be permitted to pay transfer fees or compensation fees for professional players.
• Clubs under an FFP embargo will not be permitted to pay a loan fee to another club, they may only pay the player’s wage (or a contribution towards it).
• For incoming players, clubs can only pay Agents’ Fees as a benefit in kind to the player in question (as long as they do not exceed the £600,000 employee costs limit).
http://www.croydonadvertiser.co.uk/Pala ... story.html
Crystal Palace have seen a bid of £3.5m rejected for Blackburn Rovers striker Rudy Gestede.
It is understood that the Ewood Park outfit want £6m for the Benin international, who scored 12 goals so far this season.
The Eagles could be set to improve the offer to £4m with a number of potential add-ons.
If Rudy does leave which look increasingly happening he should go with our blessing. Players have come and gone from Rovers, cost us a load of money and contributed little or nothing. Gestede came to us on the cheap and will be leaving with a good profit for us and plenty of good memories of some cracking goals. The towering header against Watford last season my favourite. Yes I would like him to stay but he is young and ambitious and he wants to play at the highest level. Loyalty is dead in football but I do honestly think if Rovers were challenging for a promotion place he might want to stay. His contribution in his time at Rovers has been near faultless and this his how he should be remembered. A compromise will be found with Rovers probably letting him go for around 4 million but with appearance and future transfer add ons. If Rovers stick to wanting 6 million and Palace back out it will only cause Rudy to become resentful. Let him go I say. Its Rovers fault they haven't encouraged him to stay with under performing this season. Rudy has done his bit to contribute to a promotion push its others in the team that have not done there bit. Good luck to Rudy and thanks.