Jason Steele

Rovers related transfer rumours and transfer news
Ethiaa
Site Admin

Re: Jason Steele

Post by Ethiaa » Sat Jan 03, 2015 1:45 pm

Gibbon wrote:
Ethiaa wrote:A loan deal can be made permanent at any time outside of the transfer window and our inability to pay transfer fees only kicks in at midnight.
I'm not sure where I read it, and it makes little sense to me, but I'm sure I read that the embargo started on the 14th or 15th of Jan. Again - this makes no sense to me, so almost certainly bullshit.
I got it from here: -
http://www.financialfairplay.co.uk/ wrote:Any club that is given Transfer Embargo during the current review period (Dec 14) will receive an embargo from 1 Jan 2015
I understood the point of clubs being notified of being under embargo by the 1st of Jan was so that they couldn't pay fees from that point - however, FFP remains very poorly documented in terms of publicly available guidance. It's all a bit murky and given there are constant renegotiations and clubs change position depending on their own financial situation (and indeed the clubs themselves change each season) who knows where we will be in six months time. For example, there are rumblings that there could be as many as 7 other clubs in breach of FFP in the Championship beyond those already "announced" (source: a Championship club chairman).

WacoRover
Ageing international
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind

Post by WacoRover » Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:52 pm

I am surprised no mention of his move to Sunderland so far. Oh, we are well rid of him.

No surprise; Sund is a "massive" club also, lol

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Sun Jul 30, 2017 2:40 pm

WacoRover wrote:
Sun Jul 30, 2017 1:52 pm
I am surprised no mention of his move to Sunderland so far. Oh, we are well rid of him.

No surprise; Sund is a "massive" club also, lol
Here and onwards.

It was only a rumour at the time, but it became concrete fact in the midst of discussion, so I left it all in that thread as the existing conversation added context.