David Raya

Rovers related transfer rumours and transfer news
Gibbon
Promising manager

David Raya

Post by Gibbon » Thu Apr 30, 2015 5:45 pm

Signs new 3 year deal.

Quite a long contract for a 19 year old on the very fringe of the first team. Does this lend weight to my theory that one of Eastwood or Steele will be leaving in the summer?

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Re: David Raya

Post by Dan » Thu Apr 30, 2015 6:16 pm

Well it certainly isn't looking good for Jake Kean...

I can see Raya going on loan to a half decent club where he might get some proper competitive game time, and Steele / Eastwood both hovering around between starting XI and the subs bench until we decide which one to get rid of in January or this time next year. Can't see Steele leaving anytime soon, Bowyer's only just signed him. Kean and Robbo will be released.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:10 pm

Yeah, good point. I keep forgetting about Jake Kean. I'm not sure why Robbo didn't walk before now when it became obvious he was never going to play again. I'm sure he could have negotiated his way out of his contract and found another club easily.

tomthebodz
Regular international

Post by tomthebodz » Thu Apr 30, 2015 7:55 pm

Get rid of Kean and Robbo this summer, have Steele 1st choice and Eastwood on the bench for league matches. Play Raya in the cup games. Then next season sell or release Eastwood and move Raya to the sub keeper, season after that move him to first choice. Gentle integration to first team football is the best option in my book.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Thu Mar 02, 2017 12:02 pm