Fode Koita - Striker

Rovers related transfer rumours and transfer news
Hudson
Regular international

Re: Fode Koita - Striker

Post by Hudson » Fri Jan 29, 2016 8:16 am

French striker Koita wanted to move because he was homesick, so he moved to Turkey

Now I'm no cartographer, but isn't Turkey further away from France than England? Deja vu of Robbie Savage's transfer :lol:

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:11 am

From the same article:
Paul Lambert wrote:“Whether Turkey is next to France on the map, I don’t know...
:yeahright:

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:13 am

It's a bit of a surprise to see the manager having a dig at a player like that. What are we supposed to make of the fact he was picking a player he doesn't think was good enough?

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:17 am

Dan wrote:From the same article:
Paul Lambert wrote:“Whether Turkey is next to France on the map, I don’t know...
:yeahright:
I'm going to give him the benefit of the doubt that the sarcastic tone was lost when put in print.

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:37 am

Rover the Top wrote:It's a bit of a surprise to see the manager having a dig at a player like that. What are we supposed to make of the fact he was picking a player he doesn't think was good enough?
I thought that. Something must have happened that we don't know about. To come out and say the move to turkey is odd because according to his agent he was homesick, then fine. The comment about needing better all-round players, while true, does seem a bit harsh.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Fri Jan 29, 2016 9:42 am

Rover the Top wrote:It's a bit of a surprise to see the manager having a dig at a player like that. What are we supposed to make of the fact he was picking a player he doesn't think was good enough?
Maybe he's suggesting that Koita was the best he had to work with at the time? :yeahright:

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:05 am

Gibbon wrote:
Maybe he's suggesting that Koita was the best he had to work with at the time? :yeahright:
Instantly alienating all the players still in the squad who he could have picked instead? It doesn't really need saying that we want better players, what side doesn't? But singling out one player and saying we need better than him is a strange step to take.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:16 am

Rover the Top wrote:
Gibbon wrote:
Instantly alienating all the players still in the squad who he could have picked instead? It doesn't really need saying that we want better players, what side doesn't? But singling out one player and saying we need better than him is a strange step to take.
Not when he's made steps to recruit in that position already - if the reports of Watt are to be believed. He's already played Brown and Rhodes heavily, so if Watt joins, then it's only really Koita and Delfouneso who he's risking offending - Koita's gone and Delfouneso doesn't seem to be in his plans anyway.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:33 am

Plus youth/reserve players and tactical alternatives. Off the top of my head, Lawrence, Taylor and Marshall are all options for the place Koita had. There's more players snubbed once you shuffle the side to get other credible XIs.

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Fri Jan 29, 2016 10:38 am

Or, his agent's come in and said " I can get you £200K for Koita. He doesn't want to be here, he hates it and he's homesick. The interested club need to see him playing matches before they'll buy him. Give him a few games and the transfer will happen"

Hudson
Regular international

Post by Hudson » Fri Jan 29, 2016 11:13 am

Koita was probably still pissed at the Chris Brown is ahead of you comment that Lambert made just after he started :lol:

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:22 pm

Rover the Top wrote:Plus youth/reserve players and tactical alternatives. Off the top of my head, Lawrence, Taylor and Marshall are all options for the place Koita had. There's more players snubbed once you shuffle the side to get other credible XIs.
Well Lawrence wouldn't be offended seeing as Lambert has already said he wanted to keep him for the rest of the season which indicates that he thinks he's good enough. Marshall and Taylor maybe.

As to youth and reserve players, well...I doubt they'll be particularly offended when they weren't getting in the team in the first place.

Agreed though, it wasn't the most diplomatic thing to say.

In other news, Cairney is being linked with Ajax now... :lol:

Hudson
Regular international

Post by Hudson » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:28 pm

In some kind of sponsorship deal?

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:41 pm

Gibbon wrote:
Rover the Top wrote:Plus youth/reserve players and tactical alternatives. Off the top of my head, Lawrence, Taylor and Marshall are all options for the place Koita had. There's more players snubbed once you shuffle the side to get other credible XIs.
Well Lawrence wouldn't be offended seeing as Lambert has already said he wanted to keep him for the rest of the season which indicates that he thinks he's good enough. Marshall and Taylor maybe.

As to youth and reserve players, well...I doubt they'll be particularly offended when they weren't getting in the team in the first place.
Aren't you arguing against your original comment now? If he thinks Lawrence is good enough but Koita isn't, then he couldn't be picking Koita because he was the best he had...

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Fri Jan 29, 2016 12:51 pm

Very true. I shall shut up now.