Tony Watt

Rovers related transfer rumours and transfer news
Thorisgodpoo
Regular international

Re: Tony Watt

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Tue Apr 12, 2016 3:45 pm

No one said anything about second harvest dog food, that's where it's at.

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Tue Apr 12, 2016 7:22 pm

theadore wrote:He's done OK at bournemouth... but they still felt the need to buy 2 strikers in January. Afobe sure looks a very capable striker, but would they have brought in Grabban if King was doing well enough?

Prefering him to Brown or the others is a bit like saying you'd rather eat dog food than second harvest dog food.
Yeah is a decent point. At Bournemouth clearly Wilson and Afobe would be 1st and 2nd choice and on paper Grabban has a much more impressive scoring record than King particularly in his first stint at Bournemouth. King has been more in competition with Stanislas. Frustratingly from what I've seen it appears as though he is playing with a better attitude than he was at Rovers, anyway, bit of a moot point.

I liked him.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Wed Apr 13, 2016 12:25 am

David Thompson syndrome, innit.

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:22 am

mcteeth wrote:
theadore wrote:He's done OK at bournemouth... but they still felt the need to buy 2 strikers in January. Afobe sure looks a very capable striker, but would they have brought in Grabban if King was doing well enough?

Prefering him to Brown or the others is a bit like saying you'd rather eat dog food than second harvest dog food.
Yeah is a decent point. At Bournemouth clearly Wilson and Afobe would be 1st and 2nd choice and on paper Grabban has a much more impressive scoring record than King particularly in his first stint at Bournemouth. King has been more in competition with Stanislas. Frustratingly from what I've seen it appears as though he is playing with a better attitude than he was at Rovers, anyway, bit of a moot point.

I liked him.
I did too, and I would have preferred for him to have succeeded but it wasn't to be - his end product was never enough to play up front and he was not effective enough out wide. (I could rant for hours about second best strikers keeping decent wingers out of teams).

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:22 am

mrblackbat wrote:David Thompson syndrome, innit.
yup... amazing how often it recurs.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Wed Apr 13, 2016 2:01 pm

theadore wrote:
mrblackbat wrote:David Thompson syndrome, innit.
yup... amazing how often it recurs.
Did you mean recursion?

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Wed Apr 13, 2016 3:59 pm

:)