Martin Samuelsen

Rovers related transfer rumours and transfer news
mcteeth
Ageing international

Re: Martin Samuelsen

Post by mcteeth » Fri Aug 26, 2016 1:43 pm

Again hadn't heard of this guy but seems to have generated some excitement, so hopefully good things to come.

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Fri Aug 26, 2016 3:49 pm

Gibbon wrote:Potentially good signing. But he looks a bit like Justin Bieber.
Appears others agree too

https://www.instagram.com/p/BJkz5i6Dzvq/

Paladin2
New signing

Post by Paladin2 » Sat Aug 27, 2016 8:29 pm

Posh fan (in peace)...

I just wanted to let you Rovers fans know that you've made a terrific loan signing. We were very lucky to have Martin Samuelsen at Posh last season and there was talk about him returning this season. Apparently West Ham wanted him to play at a higher level, which is fair enough. We were all gutted though.

Hope your manager uses Samuelsen properly, unlike the d!ckhead manager we had last season (Graham Westley) who left him on the bench most of the time

Don't be fooled by his boyish appearance; his skill on the ball is fantastic and he has a rare ability to beat defenders. And I don't just mean he knocks the ball past them and beats them with speed like, say, Theo Walcott. This boy has the skill we all dream of seeing in our team's shirt. You're in for a treat, trust me!

WacoRover
Ageing international
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind

Post by WacoRover » Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:43 pm

Paladin2 wrote:Posh fan (in peace)...

I just wanted to let you Rovers fans know that you've made a terrific loan signing. We were very lucky to have Martin Samuelsen at Posh last season and there was talk about him returning this season. Apparently West Ham wanted him to play at a higher level, which is fair enough. We were all gutted though.

Hope your manager uses Samuelsen properly, unlike the d!ckhead manager we had last season (Graham Westley) who left him on the bench most of the time

Don't be fooled by his boyish appearance; his skill on the ball is fantastic and he has a rare ability to beat defenders. And I don't just mean he knocks the ball past them and beats them with speed like, say, Theo Walcott. This boy has the skill we all dream of seeing in our team's shirt. You're in for a treat, trust me!
Paladin,
Thanks for the scouting report; I hope everything you say is true.

Good luck!

wrinks_89
Valued squad member

Post by wrinks_89 » Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:33 am

mrblackbat wrote:No, no, no, you're doing it wrong Eth. You're meant to be really pessimistic, and accuse anybody who suggests we aren't doomed of being negative.
Here we go :P

Mr Rover Rover
Promising youngster

Post by Mr Rover Rover » Thu Sep 01, 2016 12:30 am

I was speaking to my colleague about this guy and he's a West Ham fan in the know. He says that this guy is an amazing signing for us and that Hammers fans are really gutted he isn't playing in their first team this season. Very exciting prospect I reckon!

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Tue Nov 22, 2016 11:37 pm

Samuelsen returns to West Ham
"Martin's family felt that he wanted to be starting games and at this moment in time we couldn't guarantee him that"
"So we agreed that it was in his best interest to return to West Ham."

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:03 am

:bye:

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Wed Nov 23, 2016 8:53 am

Paladin2 wrote:Posh fan (in peace)...

:?

Paladin2
New signing

Post by Paladin2 » Sun Nov 27, 2016 4:36 am

Posh fan in peace (again):

Bit surprised that it didn't work out. Sounds like he didn't get much game time at Rovers - same as happened at Posh last season.

I'd be interested to hear what you thought of Samuelsen when you did get to see him play.

ariversider
Promising youngster

Post by ariversider » Mon Nov 28, 2016 1:56 pm

Saw him play once when he started in a night game (forgot who we we're playing) - looked gangly, awkward and lightweight with quick feet. Made absoluetly no impact in the game I saw him play - but like a Morten Gamst Pederson in his first game for us - needs to fill out and learn the physical side of the game - natural ability (not that he's shown it with us) will probably take him far