Charlie Mulgrew

Rovers related transfer rumours and transfer news
visitingcelt
New signing

Re: Charlie Mulgrew

Post by visitingcelt » Fri Sep 02, 2016 1:49 am

Just a Celtic fan coming to say I was a big fan of his and sad to see him go. He was released by Celtic as a young boy, not entirely sure what age he was but he was signed again by Neil Lennon around the age of 24(Neils very first Celtic signing). Initially played as a left back then was forced to cover at CB, which turned out to be where he found his best form and won POTY in Scotland.

Our previous manager, the inexperienced Ronny Deila played him as a holding midfielder, as has Gordon Strachan for the national team. He's had a few decent performances but he's simply not a midfielder, and cost Celtic dearly in a number of European fixtures(maybe harsh but it clearly wasn't working). His days of playing full-back too seem to be behind him since he doesn't have the pace for it anymore. He's a terrific header of the ball and I'd argue has one of the best left foots out there.

He's a great character and I hope you get the best out of him. Play him often and he'll give you plenty of assists with that left foot, and the odd goal or two.

If you see him being started in the midfield remember this post. He's a centre half and that's that.

Thorisgodpoo
Regular international

Re: Charlie Mulgrew

Post by Thorisgodpoo » Fri Sep 02, 2016 3:14 am

So you're saying he's David Luiz? :hyper: :hyper: :hyper: