Newcastle

Discuss all things football and non-rovers related
User avatar
Rover the Top
Experienced manager
Posts: 26836
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: Newcastle

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:07 am

Newcastle are preparing to be the PL's joke team again: Has Andy Carroll broken team mate Steven Taylor's jaw?

User avatar
Gibbon
Promising manager
Posts: 17481
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:54 am
Location: Location: Location
Contact:

Re: Newcastle

Post by Gibbon » Tue Mar 23, 2010 10:18 am

Steven Taylor is a comedy player on his own. Pathetic dirty diving buffoon. :clown;

I've a horrible feeling that Hughes will be the next Newcastle boss should they get promoted. That or Celtic boss when Mowbray goes. :scratch:

User avatar
Dan
Unemployed ex-pro
Posts: 6620
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:08 am
Contact:

Re: Newcastle

Post by Dan » Thu Mar 25, 2010 10:07 pm

Gibbon wrote:That or Celtic boss when Mowbray goes. :scratch:
Gone

User avatar
roversmillsy
Ageing international
Posts: 2127
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:56 pm
Contact:

Re: Newcastle

Post by roversmillsy » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:16 pm

They only need one more win and they will be back in the PL.

User avatar
Dan
Unemployed ex-pro
Posts: 6620
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:08 am
Contact:

Re: Newcastle

Post by Dan » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:53 pm


User avatar
roversmillsy
Ageing international
Posts: 2127
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:56 pm
Contact:

Re: Newcastle

Post by roversmillsy » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:04 pm

I'm sorta glad the're back. Me and my mate are planning to go to a few away games next season and Newcastle's one of them. All I have had the last day is about how they are gonna beat us next year. My mum is a geordie and all of her family so it would be extra special for me if we beat them next year.

User avatar
SheepShagginRover
Unemployed ex-pro
Posts: 5678
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:20 pm
Location: Aberdeen
Contact:

Re: Newcastle

Post by SheepShagginRover » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:07 pm

Anyone else heard the rumour that they're going to sack Hughton and bring in a big name like Sparky because the board don't think Hughton could hack it in the big time?

User avatar
roversmillsy
Ageing international
Posts: 2127
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:56 pm
Contact:

Re: Newcastle

Post by roversmillsy » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:23 pm

SheepShagginRover wrote:Anyone else heard the rumour that they're going to sack Hughton and bring in a big name like Sparky because the board don't think Hughton could hack it in the big time?
Not heard that but wouldn't surprise me. I think it would be unfair really. They should give him a bit of time to see first. As I said, nothing surprises me about Newcastle.

User avatar
Gibbon
Promising manager
Posts: 17481
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:54 am
Location: Location: Location
Contact:

Re: Newcastle

Post by Gibbon » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:24 pm

SheepShagginRover wrote:Anyone else heard the rumour that they're going to sack Hughton and bring in a big name like Sparky because the board don't think Hughton could hack it in the big time?
Ages ago Gibbon wrote:I've a horrible feeling that Hughes will be the next Newcastle boss should they get promoted. That or Celtic boss when Mowbray goes. :scratch:
:scratch:

User avatar
joep89
Experienced international star
Posts: 1798
Joined: Sun Nov 30, 2008 11:41 pm
Location: Liverpool Uni/ Blackburn
Contact:

Re: Newcastle

Post by joep89 » Tue Apr 06, 2010 2:29 pm

I don't think this will happen, it would just begin the Newcastle Premierleague saga in the way that it was left last year. Stability is what they need, and they have to stand by Hughton to give him the chance to prove himself

User avatar
SheepShagginRover
Unemployed ex-pro
Posts: 5678
Joined: Mon Apr 27, 2009 7:20 pm
Location: Aberdeen
Contact:

Re: Newcastle

Post by SheepShagginRover » Tue Apr 06, 2010 4:53 pm

joep89 wrote:Stability is what they need, and they have to stand by Hughton to give him the chance to prove himself
Yeah, but it's Newcastle

User avatar
SuperVukcevic
Regular international
Posts: 847
Joined: Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:25 pm
Location: Darlington
Contact:

Re: Newcastle

Post by SuperVukcevic » Mon Apr 12, 2010 10:28 pm

roversmillsy wrote:I'm sorta glad the're back. Me and my mate are planning to go to a few away games next season and Newcastle's one of them. All I have had the last day is about how they are gonna beat us next year. My mum is a geordie and all of her family so it would be extra special for me if we beat them next year.
Same with me.

User avatar
Gibbon
Promising manager
Posts: 17481
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:54 am
Location: Location: Location
Contact:

Re: Newcastle

Post by Gibbon » Mon Aug 08, 2016 8:05 am

Gibbon wrote:Steven Taylor is a comedy player on his own. Pathetic dirty diving buffoon. :clown;
Though it was a reserve game in actual fact. Still, one more for his comedy CV.

User avatar
Gibbon
Promising manager
Posts: 17481
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:54 am
Location: Location: Location
Contact:

Re: Newcastle

Post by Gibbon » Wed Apr 26, 2017 11:57 am

Could be interesting if this leads to a points deduction...Newcastle raided for Tax evasion and fraud.

Didn't Swindon get denied promotion for something similar a few years ago?

User avatar
mrblackbat
Promising manager
Posts: 14330
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: Newcastle

Post by mrblackbat » Wed Apr 26, 2017 2:37 pm

West Ham involved too. Who would have thought they'd do something dodge.....

Post Reply