The Champions League Thread

Discuss all things football and non-rovers related
User avatar
Simon
Ageing international
Posts: 3826
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 10:53 pm

Re: The Champions League Thread

Post by Simon » Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:17 pm

It's easy to forget how strong Chelsea are following their dismal start to the season.

Savory
Promising manager
Posts: 10878
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:34 pm
Location: Manchester
Contact:

Re: The Champions League Thread

Post by Savory » Sun Apr 29, 2012 10:47 pm

Image

User avatar
-BARON-23-
Promising manager
Posts: 11073
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:45 am
Location: Blackpool - Home, Luton - University
Contact:

Re: The Champions League Thread

Post by -BARON-23- » Sat May 19, 2012 9:32 pm

DIDIER DROGBA!!!!!!!!!

Come on Chelsea :)

User avatar
Gibbon
Promising manager
Posts: 17962
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:54 am
Location: Location: Location
Contact:

Re: The Champions League Thread

Post by Gibbon » Sat May 19, 2012 10:45 pm

lol at Hotspunk. Finishing 4th in the table above Chelsea, and then getting bumped out of the champs League position by Chelsea... :lol:

User avatar
-BARON-23-
Promising manager
Posts: 11073
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:45 am
Location: Blackpool - Home, Luton - University
Contact:

Re: The Champions League Thread

Post by -BARON-23- » Sat May 19, 2012 11:06 pm

Howling at that, have that Redknapp!!!!!!

User avatar
Darth Rover
Ageing international
Posts: 4097
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 6:27 pm
Contact:

Re: The Champions League Thread

Post by Darth Rover » Sun May 20, 2012 8:20 am

I was actually glad to see Chelsea win last night. A lot of the players had been together since the Mourinho days and it had been the end of a few years of failing for them. Ok we all know what John Terry is and Ashley Cole are but for one night well done Chelsea you deserved it.

User avatar
Joe
Ageing international
Posts: 3579
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:04 pm

Re: The Champions League Thread

Post by Joe » Sun May 20, 2012 4:54 pm

behind enemy lines wrote:I was actually glad to see Chelsea win last night. A lot of the players had been together since the Mourinho days and it had been the end of a few years of failing for them. Ok we all know what John Terry is and Ashley Cole are but for one night well done Chelsea you deserved it.
Get out

User avatar
Darth Rover
Ageing international
Posts: 4097
Joined: Sun May 10, 2009 6:27 pm
Contact:

Re: The Champions League Thread

Post by Darth Rover » Sun May 20, 2012 5:06 pm

Joe wrote:
behind enemy lines wrote:I was actually glad to see Chelsea win last night. A lot of the players had been together since the Mourinho days and it had been the end of a few years of failing for them. Ok we all know what John Terry is and Ashley Cole are but for one night well done Chelsea you deserved it.
Get out
Sad when you can't respect the achievements of another club. Another club that changed direction at a time of the season when they needed to unlike our dithering owners.

User avatar
-BARON-23-
Promising manager
Posts: 11073
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:45 am
Location: Blackpool - Home, Luton - University
Contact:

Re: The Champions League Thread

Post by -BARON-23- » Tue May 22, 2012 4:16 pm

Drogba released :O

User avatar
Joe
Ageing international
Posts: 3579
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:04 pm

Re: The Champions League Thread

Post by Joe » Tue May 22, 2012 8:30 pm

behind enemy lines wrote:
Joe wrote:
behind enemy lines wrote:I was actually glad to see Chelsea win last night. A lot of the players had been together since the Mourinho days and it had been the end of a few years of failing for them. Ok we all know what John Terry is and Ashley Cole are but for one night well done Chelsea you deserved it.
Get out
Sad when you can't respect the achievements of another club. Another club that changed direction at a time of the season when they needed to unlike our dithering owners.
They played horrible anti-football and got very lucky. And seeing John Terry don a full-kit AND shin-pads at the end of the game made me want to punch the television.

User avatar
Joe
Ageing international
Posts: 3579
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:04 pm

Re: The Champions League Thread

Post by Joe » Tue May 22, 2012 8:31 pm

( I did like David Luiz's penalty a lot though)

User avatar
Hudson
Regular international
Posts: 946
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:45 pm
Contact:

Re: The Champions League Thread

Post by Hudson » Wed May 23, 2012 8:35 am

Joe wrote:( I did like David Luiz's penalty a lot though)
Yeah it was a good one, almost makes up for him being a shit defender

User avatar
-BARON-23-
Promising manager
Posts: 11073
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:45 am
Location: Blackpool - Home, Luton - University
Contact:

Re: The Champions League Thread

Post by -BARON-23- » Wed May 23, 2012 10:13 am

How is he shit? He's been playing brilliant since the arrival of RDM and actually looks better than Cahill when playing together. He's learning still but is far from shit :doh:

User avatar
Hudson
Regular international
Posts: 946
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 6:45 pm
Contact:

Re: The Champions League Thread

Post by Hudson » Wed May 23, 2012 10:42 am

He's shit because he thinks he's a striker, and is often caught out of position because he's closer to the oppostion box than his own. In the Champions League final he could easily have conceeded 2 penalties for poorly-timed tackles.

User avatar
-BARON-23-
Promising manager
Posts: 11073
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:45 am
Location: Blackpool - Home, Luton - University
Contact:

Re: The Champions League Thread

Post by -BARON-23- » Wed May 23, 2012 10:54 am

Easily conceded 2 pens yet he got the tackle right and no pen was given?

So what if he likes to go forward, i enjoy to watch it and then Mikel drops in at CB whilst Luiz gets back. They've had a good understanding over the last couple of months before he got injured.

He took time to adapt to the PL and was an accident waiting to happen but he has improved loads.

Post Reply