Most Hated Team

Discuss all things football and non-rovers related
Pete
New signing

Most Hated Team

Post by Pete » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:01 pm

Aside from the obvious (Burnley etc) who are your most hated teams in the prem?

Personally I cannot stand Tottenham, i think its more to do with the fans rather than the actual team.

There is constant bullshit spewing out the mouths of all spurs fans saying how they are going to win loads of cups, get into the champions league, become a force in europe etc. They have been saying this for years now and have not actually achieved anything!

It just really pisses me off how they are so deluded and really think they deserve to be treated as one of the best in england.

They have also signed Darren Bent for £16m. I really cant see why they went for a striker like that and for so much money, personally i dont rate him more than berbatov, keane and defoe so paying £16m for someone who warms the bench is a complete waste of money (which i am actually pleased about!)

Does anyone else agree with me?

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Re: Most Hated Team

Post by mrblackbat » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:05 pm

Pete wrote:Aside from the obvious (Burnley etc) who are your most hated teams in the prem?

Personally I cannot stand Tottenham, i think its more to do with the fans rather than the actual team.

There is constant bullshit spewing out the mouths of all spurs fans saying how they are going to win loads of cups, get into the champions league, become a force in europe etc. They have been saying this for years now and have not actually achieved anything!

It just really pisses me off how they are so deluded and really think they deserve to be treated as one of the best in england.

They have also signed Darren Bent for £16m. I really cant see why they went for a striker like that and for so much money, personally i dont rate him more than berbatov, keane and defoe so paying £16m for someone who warms the bench is a complete waste of money (which i am actually pleased about!)

Does anyone else agree with me?
Aye Spuds fans are fucking detestable. Of course, Manure, Arsewipes, Neo-Chelski etc are also annoying as fuck...

Bent won't just warm the bench for Spuds though. He's a better player than Defoe, and offers something different from Keane and Berbatov.

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Sun Jul 01, 2007 12:24 pm

he certainly offers something different from berbatov... about half as much for a start.

i hate villa... no reason, just do

Willy
Ageing international

Post by Willy » Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:01 pm

Newcastle...

Arrogant board, arrogant fans, full of self importance, they think they \"deserve\" success due to their big fan base and big stadium and they have no business sense whatsoever (ie- Michael Owen's £9m get-out clause when they bought him for £17m)...I could go on and on...

Bolton...I just dislike them

The rest I don't waste my time hating on but I personally dislike anyone apart from Rovers. The only other team I would pay to watch would be Arsenal but now Henry has gone I would reconsider.

Hoodwinker
Promising youngster

Post by Hoodwinker » Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:19 pm

I'm with Willy on this for me it is Newcastle whose fans are living in a bloody dream world and deserve everything they get with Allardyce's brand of football - the guy that invents the black & white striped neck brace will make a few quid as 'The Toon Army' spend a season looking up.

Secondly, Bolton who just plain & simply get on my tits - the media's obsession with Allardyce's \"genius\" infuriates me as it's nowt but 'smoke & bloody mirrors'.......................hang on 'appen it's Allardyce that's my problem ;)

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Sun Jul 01, 2007 2:39 pm

I dislike every other team in the PL, Championship and League 1, I'm ecstatic whenever we beat any one of them. The same is true of every League 2 side bar Accrington Stanley, but I'd still like to beat them as well. :twisted:

Special dislikes include Manchester United - probably the most unpopular team in the country, for some reason the pundits have always creamed themselves over them, even when they weren't dominating the league table. They like signing grade A wankers too, Eric Cantona, Roy Keane, Cristiano Ronaldo... and their 'fans' can be really decent people until you move onto football - then they turn into arseholes who'll brag all day about the slightest of achievements, yet sulk and cry if you throw something back at them. And most of them claim to be 'true' fans because they stood outside the clubshop in the rain back in 1996, or something. Has anyone ever met one who owns a season ticket? :scratch:
But at least Man Utd do have some reason to boast - Newcastle United are a complete joke, yet the media constantly hype them up to something they are not. Rovers won the league in 95, thanks to the money of Jack Walker. We got criticised for it, and still get the odd snipe about that now, even though we've added another trophy since his death, and have become an established PL side without his money. In 1996, Newcastle almost copied us using John Hall's money - the difference being, they fucked it up, and so don't get accused of buying the title because they still weren't good enough. Rovers buy Alan Shearer for £3.6m, Rovers are criticised for paying silly fees for players. Four years later, Newcastle buy the same player for £15m, and Rovers are criticised for asking for too much. Their fans all seem to be jobless fat wasters, who believe that going to a match half undressed is a something to be proud of, rather than just fucking stupid. They say no other club would have 20,000 fans turn up to welcome a new signing on a weekday lunch time - the rest of us work, that's why. They're an embarrasment, they're more likely to get relegated than win any trophies. Glenn Roeder boasting about them 'winning' the Intertoto last year shows haow sad they are.

And for good measure, I don't have much time for Yorkshire's \"finest\", Leeds United - for some reason I associate them more than others with Yorkshire CCC, must be because Headingley is in Leeds. I also remember some big Roses derbies with them in the 80s, and I've an idea my first match may have been against them, although I don't really remember.

Pete
New signing

Post by Pete » Sun Jul 01, 2007 3:07 pm

i think the way that you feel about newcastle is the same way i feel about spuds. :wanker:

BiggusLaddus
New signing

Re:

Post by BiggusLaddus » Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:32 pm

Rover the Top wrote: Has anyone ever met one who owns a season ticket? :scratch:
Actually yes, a whole family of them. OK they live in Leicester, but were originally from manchester. Saw my first 2 euro games at old trafford, as whenever one of them couldn't make a game, they would give the ticket away.

Very decent people who were also very humble when it came to football, seemed to respect most other clubs (except citeh and leeds). And they couldn't stand seeing all the suits turn up to watch games at OT.

But they do stand out like a gold watch in a pile of shit compared to most other manyoo "fans" i've met over the years.

Willy
Ageing international

Re:

Post by Willy » Sun Jul 01, 2007 4:32 pm

Rover the Top wrote:

Has anyone ever met one who owns a season ticket? :scratch:
Newcastle United are a complete joke, yet the media constantly hype them up to something they are not. Rovers won the league in 95, thanks to the money of Jack Walker. We got criticised for it, and still get the odd snipe about that now, even though we've added another trophy since his death, and have become an established PL side without his money. In 1996, Newcastle almost copied us using John Hall's money - the difference being, they fucked it up, and so don't get accused of buying the title because they still weren't good enough. Rovers buy Alan Shearer for £3.6m, Rovers are criticised for paying silly fees for players. Four years later, Newcastle buy the same player for £15m, and Rovers are criticised for asking for too much. Their fans all seem to be jobless fat wasters, who believe that going to a match half undressed is a something to be proud of, rather than just fucking stupid. They say no other club would have 20,000 fans turn up to welcome a new signing on a weekday lunch time - the rest of us work, that's why. They're an embarrasment, they're more likely to get relegated than win any trophies. Glenn Roeder boasting about them 'winning' the Intertoto last year shows haow sad they are.
Some great points there, you basically filled in all the blanks I missed out because I couldn't be bothered to anger myself any further.

Newcastle are by far my most hated team in the Prem. I hope they end up buying Kevin Davies (who would probably end up playing for England if he went there) and end up smacking long balls up towards Viduka and whoever his other pie eating strike partner may be next season.

I especially liked your point about the 20 odd thousand turning up to see Owen sign...jobless fuckwits they are indeed.

I despise everything about Newcastle, they epitomise everything I hate about football teams.

Piss off Newcastle, you wankers, tossers and arseholes. :xxx: :xxx: :doh: :doh:

nathanolder
Regular international

Post by nathanolder » Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:16 pm

Simple question.... I HATE Spurs with a passion!!!!

Why ? i have to say its down to the fans, and the way they think there a BIG CLUB.

Gouldy
Valued squad member

Post by Gouldy » Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:20 pm

Spuds
West Ham
Le Arse
Cheat-ski
Manure
Liverpool
Newcastle

Mainly due to arrogant dick head fans who think there better then everyone else

streakyb
Valued squad member

Re:

Post by streakyb » Sun Jul 01, 2007 5:26 pm

Rover the Top wrote:Has anyone ever met one who owns a season ticket? :scratch:
Thre are at least half a dozen at my place of work. One bloke there has just paid £900+ dor a season ticket and is probably on 12-14k. They are actually proper fans who watched united before the days of the premiership. Although seeing as they are proper fans, Manchester lads etc, they are now being priced out. This bloke went to nearly every away match last season but due to season ticket increases etc doubt he will be able to afford to go to half as many.

me
New signing

Re:

Post by me » Sun Jul 01, 2007 8:00 pm

Newcastle United are a complete joke, yet the media constantly hype them up to something they are not. Rovers won the league in 95, thanks to the money of Jack Walker. We got criticised for it, and still get the odd snipe about that now, even though we've added another trophy since his death, and have become an established PL side without his money. In 1996, Newcastle almost copied us using John Hall's money - the difference being, they fucked it up, and so don't get accused of buying the title because they still weren't good enough. Rovers buy Alan Shearer for £3.6m, Rovers are criticised for paying silly fees for players. Four years later, Newcastle buy the same player for £15m, and Rovers are criticised for asking for too much. Their fans all seem to be jobless fat wasters, who believe that going to a match half undressed is a something to be proud of, rather than just fucking stupid. They say no other club would have 20,000 fans turn up to welcome a new signing on a weekday lunch time - the rest of us work, that's why. They're an embarrasment, they're more likely to get relegated than win any trophies. Glenn Roeder boasting about them 'winning' the Intertoto last year shows haow sad they are.

All teams have fans like that, just for some reason \"sky\" like to focus on ours. I mean there were topless blackburn rovers fans at st James this year. I go to 95% of games and people like me, didnt go to Owens signing, dont think we will finish top 4, infact most predicted we would go down last year, hated our board (we'll see how the new one does). And with the prices off modern football i doubt that any jobless people go!

The image sky gives our fans and what people like you believe, that most newcastle fans are like that, yes there are twats that follow us, but every team is the same.

Jim
Experienced international star

Post by Jim » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:06 pm

As Dom (Devon) and I'm sure Jim (Pats Mullet) will confirm, like RTT I dislike every other team in competition with Rovers that given matchday.

As most people on here have said, Spuds are the team I single out as the team that get me riled up the most. Proudly been raping England of its young talent for years, arrogant, big headed... seem to take glee in pimping themselves to a insane amount of players every summer in a short-sighted attempt at unsettling a player.

Even Manure and Chelski don't come close to this scummy club. I despise it.
Last edited by Jim on Sun Jul 01, 2007 11:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.

watty
Promising youngster

Post by watty » Sun Jul 01, 2007 9:15 pm

Liverpool and Wigan are my my most hated clubs,

Liverpool because of the fans wgo are stuck up there own arse and try to remind everyone in the world at evry given minute about there history,

Wigan becasue i follow rugby league quite keenly and im a warriors fan,