Dutchguy needs help

Discuss all things football and non-rovers related
Roelof
New signing

Dutchguy needs help

Post by Roelof » Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:50 pm

I need your help.

Before it's time to get married and who knows raise some children, it's time for more groundhopping. Okay, I already saw a couple of stadiums, but it's never enough. That's why I decided: the second half of this year I will travel around the UK to fulfill my dream: a month of only football. And if it's possible, everyday a new ground.

I'm not sure when I'm going, but I think it will be in novembre. Normally I travel with some friends, but I have the wish to travel alone. Meet new people is some of the things I love about travelling and groundhopping. Sure, I can travel trough the UK and sleep in hostels or hotels and watch a game and leave. But what is better then watch a game with the locals? Somebody that loves to show me their ground, their club and their passion.

So, I'm looking for those people. Short something about myself. I'm a sportsjournalist from Holland. I'm a commentator of every game of Eredivisie-team Heerenveen, the old team of players like Van Nistelrooy, Huntelaar and Thomasson. And of Seip (Brentford), Hooiveld (Southampton) and Vayrynen (Leeds). I'm 29, living together with my girlfriend in Leeuwarden, the northern part of Holland. I love groundhopping. Two years ago, my dream came through, where I visited a match of Boca Juniors in Argentina. But I also (sometimes work-related) visited Paok Saloniki, Napoli, Helsingborg, Dortmund, Portsmouth, Newcastle, Dinamo Zagreb and many others. I have a own website, but it's more a digital portfolio for my work and it's in Dutch: http://www.roelofdevries.webs.com.

So. Do you wanna join me to a match? Drink a beer? Show me your city? Or even have a couch to sleep on? (a place to sleep, is not a must offcourse, only cheaper ;))
Please give me a sign then.
You can also email me: roelofdevries@hotmail.com

Greetings,

Roelof de Vries

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Re: Dutchguy needs help

Post by Ethiaa » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:03 pm

Sounds cool. Sent you an email. Probably an axe wielding maniac.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:04 pm

Him or you?

Roelof
New signing

Post by Roelof » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:33 pm

Haha, never heard about the term axe wielding maniac, but it sounds very friendly.

Allready sent you an email back Rob.

Maby my girlfriend looks like a maniac: http://roelofdevries.webs.com/apps/phot ... d=89741682

Come on guys, help me with this trip. Not only for Blackburn offcourse, maby also for other grounds.
(but offcourse Blackburn is my favorite)

How many Dutch guys played for the Rovers? Ooijer, Witschge?

Oh, and sorry for Maceo Rigters. I saw him score for Holland under 21 against England on European Champiosnhip. Great goal, but a terrible player. It was not for nothing that my club, Heerenveen, send him away.

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:35 pm

Roelof wrote: ... Maceo Rigters. I saw him score...
:shock:

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Wed Apr 04, 2012 5:10 pm

Roelof wrote: ... Maceo Rigters. I saw him...
:shock:

Simon
Ageing international

Post by Simon » Wed Apr 04, 2012 6:11 pm

Roelof wrote: ... Maceo Rigters.
I have no idea what this is.

Savory
Promising manager

Post by Savory » Fri Apr 06, 2012 5:57 am

Maceo Plex 8-)

Rover Ryan
Ageing international

Post by Rover Ryan » Sat Apr 07, 2012 2:10 am

Never heard of this Rigters bloke :P
Sent you a mail Roelof. For a Rovers game and maybe I could be pursuaded to show you Boltons Reebok stadium aswell :yeahright:

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Sat Apr 07, 2012 11:31 am

Roelof De Vries.....We used to have a player at Rovers called Roger De Vries who i think came to us from Hull City back in the late 1970's. Being a Journalist it might be a good idea to contact various local radio stations on your travels in England. They might help you out. As for getting married and having children that is what most people do but your happiness should come first with your partner.

Roelof
New signing

Post by Roelof » Sat Apr 07, 2012 4:13 pm

Thanks for the advice. Maby I'll do. Do you know any people?

And about my girlfriend: I don't know if I understand you, but don't worry. My girlfriend went to Helsinki once for four months. It's more that you have to do the things you want to, because when you got children, it's not so easy to do anymore.

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:04 am

I understand what you are saying about children. I'm sure you and your partner will do what is best for you both. Regarding radio stations many clubs are covered by there local radio stations. Blackburn Rovers is covered by Radio Lancashire. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/england/lancashire/ There is a contact us facility at the bottom of the page. Good luck