Ched Evans

Discuss all things football and non-rovers related
Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Re: Ched Evans

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:35 am

I should imagine that's put a few noses out of joint.

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Tue Oct 18, 2016 8:40 am

A case of fine lines. The guy is still an absolute moron obviously.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Tue Oct 18, 2016 10:39 am

The guy is a pillock, for sure. But there's definitely going to be some fallout on this. I still think there's an issue to be properly looked at even if he had been found guilty again, as well, summed up by Garside pretty well:-
My concern is that those people who feel strongly that he should not be a footballer are confusing the question of practice with the appropriate provisions of a criminal sanction. The court does not impose unemployment as a punishment.
My view on life after the crime remains the same regardless of whether the original verdict is held or he is acquitted. His return to work should be on the basis of footballing judgement.
Part of a law-based society is that you respect the decision of the law rather than fall back on informal justice imposed and handed out by members of the community who feel strongly about certain matters.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:18 am

Ethiaa wrote:A case of fine lines. The guy is still an absolute moron obviously.
True, but then he's not alone. There's plenty of absolute morons who've seemed gleeful at having a minor celebrity "bad boy" in the stocks, and plenty of absolute morons who believe alleged victims should be punished if the court delivers a not guilty verdict.

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Tue Oct 18, 2016 11:23 am

Rover the Top wrote:
Ethiaa wrote:A case of fine lines. The guy is still an absolute moron obviously.
True, but then he's not alone. There's plenty of absolute morons who've seemed gleeful at having a minor celebrity "bad boy" in the stocks, and plenty of absolute morons who believe alleged victims should be punished if the court delivers a not guilty verdict.
Wiping out all of humanity appears the only option open to us. Are you busy Thursday?

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Oct 18, 2016 12:04 pm

It is a concern how genocide seems to become more justifiable as I grow older... :yeahright:

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Wed Oct 19, 2016 3:28 pm

mrblackbat wrote:The guy is a pillock, for sure. But there's definitely going to be some fallout on this. I still think there's an issue to be properly looked at even if he had been found guilty again, as well, summed up by Garside pretty well:-
My concern is that those people who feel strongly that he should not be a footballer are confusing the question of practice with the appropriate provisions of a criminal sanction. The court does not impose unemployment as a punishment.
My view on life after the crime remains the same regardless of whether the original verdict is held or he is acquitted. His return to work should be on the basis of footballing judgement.
Part of a law-based society is that you respect the decision of the law rather than fall back on informal justice imposed and handed out by members of the community who feel strongly about certain matters.
I guess the problem there is that a percentage of the population who don't want to live in a law-based society. They want a black-and-white world based around their own opinions and panto-style villains to shout 'rapist' at.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Wed Oct 19, 2016 8:02 pm

Rover the Top wrote:I guess the problem there is that a percentage of the population who don't want to live in a law-based society. They want a black-and-white world based around their own opinions and panto-style villains to shout 'rapist' at.
Well, you've just sold me on that. :hyper:

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Jan 17, 2017 11:49 am

-BARON-23- wrote:
Rover the Top wrote:
-BARON-23- wrote:You make it sound like it was just a quicky! He got convicted for 5 years and actually went down.
The fact you'd call the circumstances of the crime "just a quickie" shows it's not as black and white as you make out. Didn't you say you wanted us to give Goodwillie another chance? :yeahright:
Did Goodwillie ever get convicted of rape? It's a tad different. I said you make it sound like a quickie, not that i thought it was. It may not have been as black and white as i make out but at the end of the day, a jury decided he was guilty of rape :shrug:
:necro:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-e ... e-38651041

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Mon Apr 24, 2017 5:10 pm

And is going to be resigned by Sheff Utd....

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Tue Apr 25, 2017 11:46 am

For half a million - when he hasn't shown the aptitude required for League 1 since he returned let alone the Championship. Him being a reprehensible scumbag aside... it makes little footballing sense.