Promising manager

Re: Dafuq is going on at Leicester?

Post by Gibbon » Fri May 06, 2016 6:46 am

SPAM!

gokap
New signing

Post by gokap » Sat May 07, 2016 8:48 pm

Players that joined Liecester in 2015 and have played a big part in their title run this year:

1. N'golo Kante
2. Robert Huth
3. Shinji Okazaki
4. Christian Fuchs

I haven't followed their games closely but above is in the order of the player's influence IMO.

Overall, they seem to have had a good offense from earlier (vardy, mahrez etc.) and complemented it with a strengthened defense this year (kante, huth, fuchs).

For us, defense has seemed solid this year and we need creativity in attack going forward more than anything.

Overall, in analysis of successful teams, the defensive mid position seems very influential. Kante at Liecester, Busquets at Barcelona, Pogba at Juventus, Matic at Chelsea last year etc. - strong players at these positions giving their teams an edge and playing a big role in team's success. Do you guys think we have such a player in our squad?

What do you think has been Liecester's key(s) to success this year?

RoryoftheRovers
Regular international

Post by RoryoftheRovers » Mon May 09, 2016 1:31 pm

gokap wrote:Players that joined Liecester in 2015 and have played a big part in their title run this year:

1. N'golo Kante
2. Robert Huth
3. Shinji Okazaki
4. Christian Fuchs

I haven't followed their games closely but above is in the order of the player's influence IMO.

Overall, they seem to have had a good offense from earlier (vardy, mahrez etc.) and complemented it with a strengthened defense this year (kante, huth, fuchs).

For us, defense has seemed solid this year and we need creativity in attack going forward more than anything.

Overall, in analysis of successful teams, the defensive mid position seems very influential. Kante at Liecester, Busquets at Barcelona, Pogba at Juventus, Matic at Chelsea last year etc. - strong players at these positions giving their teams an edge and playing a big role in team's success. Do you guys think we have such a player in our squad?

What do you think has been Liecester's key(s) to success this year?
Last couple of seasons I've felt we focussed too much on the Defensive midfield role - Which has been to the detriment of moving and keep the ball further up the pitch. I think Kante is more of a box to box midfielder, the same for Pogba?

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Mon May 09, 2016 2:42 pm

I think playing 2 average defensive midfielders because you don't have one good one is always a lousy tactic.... successive rovers managers tend to disagree.

RoryoftheRovers
Regular international

Post by RoryoftheRovers » Mon May 09, 2016 3:21 pm

theadore wrote:I think playing 2 average defensive midfielders because you don't have one good one is always a lousy tactic.... successive rovers managers tend to disagree.
I agree. This is what I meant with us focusing too much on DM - We had to have two because singularly they weren't good enough.