Croatia Vs England

Discuss all International football at senior and youth levels
Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Re: Croatia Vs England

Post by Dan » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:21 pm

nathanolder wrote:
Dan wrote:
nathanolder wrote:Am i right in Saying Cannavaro never won Serie A ? He cant be that great if he never achieved that
He won it twice, but was stripped of them during the match fixing scandal.
So im right then. In the same way Hamilton didnt win the Belgian GP last weekend.
So Hamilton must be shit then because he didn't win the Belgian Grand Prix, despite anything else he might have won ;) ;)

nathanolder
Regular international

Post by nathanolder » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:22 pm

;) No, because Hamilton has won the top prize on home soil, fair and square ;)

Willy
Ageing international

Post by Willy » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:23 pm

I said Cannavaro was "a leader", not THE leader. You can have more than one leader and Cannavaro is and was certainly one of the leading defenders in the world. He was good enough to be only the third defender in history to win Europe's best player.

But I guess that's because he's overrated. Like Sammer was and Beckenbauer. Not to mention all the other 'overrated' players to win that award over the years. :numpty;

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:24 pm

nathanolder wrote:;) No, because Hamilton has won the top prize on home soil, fair and square ;)
Cannavaro's won the world cup. Hamilton hasn't won the world championship. My God, he must be TERRIBLE.

winston_the_cat
Promising youngster

Post by winston_the_cat » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:28 pm

Dan and others. Metzelder warms the German bench. It is officially staying that way until he plays regularly for Madrid again. Under Schuster, it is widely agreed that will not happen. Barring a spate of injuries to German defenders, Metzelder isn't relevant to the strength of the German national team's defense. If you hadn't noticed, Germany conceded 3 goals to Finland last night. I saw the match. 2 of the goals were from the crassest defensive errors you could imagine. The 3rd was partly so. Most at fault was Westermann. But don't go believing Lahm is a star. He made mistakes all along the line, including euro2008. It's widely agreed here that Germany have a serious problem with their defense and cover it up by aggressive attacking. When Finland (FINLAND?) put them under some sustained pressure last night, they cracked almost instantly.

nathanolder
Regular international

Post by nathanolder » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:29 pm

Hamilton is 23. He will win the F1 championship more times that Cannavaro will win the world Cup, garenteed

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:33 pm

nathanolder wrote:Hamilton is 23. He will win the F1 championship more times that Cannavaro will win the world Cup, garenteed
There's nothing ever guaranteed in sport.

Willy
Ageing international

Post by Willy » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:33 pm

So it's come to comparing footballers to F1 drivers now? :roll:

I like Cannavaro and I'm sure millions would agree with me. Other people don't and I'm sure millions would agree with them. End of.

Fucking hell, it's like a fucking womens' book club. :bored:

nathanolder
Regular international

Post by nathanolder » Thu Sep 11, 2008 7:37 pm

yeah true, evryone opinion is different,

So... F1 v Football.

What would you rather do at the top level ?

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Thu Sep 11, 2008 8:06 pm

nathanolder wrote:yeah true, evryone opinion is different,

So... F1 v Football.

What would you rather do at the top level ?
Brand new F1 vs WRC topic :)

But i'd rather race than play football ;)

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Fri Sep 12, 2008 8:43 am

Willy wrote:Anybody who's a leader in their profession is always going to be 'overrated' because there's always people rating them. It's like saying "Jimi Hendrix is an overrated guitarist". :roll:
Jimi Hendrix is an overrated guitarist... :disagree:

Cannavaro was good in the World Cup, and the first time I've seen why he's always been hyped up. But even then, Materazzi along side him was better. I wouldn't have put him up there with the likes of Puyol, Hierro, Ayala, Koeman, Des Walker (when he had pace), Baresi, and so on...

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Fri Sep 12, 2008 9:25 am

Rover the Top wrote:
Willy wrote:Anybody who's a leader in their profession is always going to be 'overrated' because there's always people rating them. It's like saying "Jimi Hendrix is an overrated guitarist". :roll:
Jimi Hendrix is an overrated guitarist... :disagree:

Cannavaro was good in the World Cup, and the first time I've seen why he's always been hyped up. But even then, Materazzi along side him was better. I wouldn't have put him up there with the likes of Puyol, Hierro, Ayala, Koeman, Des Walker (when he had pace), Baresi, and so on...
Hell yeah.... altough comparing a guitar player to sportsmen is difficult.... unless it was a 'twatbag' darrell is the fastest type of comment which can at least be judged.

There are a few sports people who can be justified to have dominated their sport... eddie mercx, wayne gretzkey, don bradman... although how somebody can dominate F1 without giving the car at least half the credit would be like jockeys taking credit for the grand national.