2018 FIFA world cup England bid

Discuss all International football at senior and youth levels
Ethiaa
Site Admin

2018 FIFA world cup England bid

Post by Ethiaa » Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:13 pm

Ollie Morris wrote:Dear Sir,

We are working with England 2018 as part of the official campaign to back the bid to bring the FIFA World Cup to England in 2018.

As part of this activity, we have created a virtual supporters’ photo flag where supporters are invited to sign their name or upload their photo to mark their support for the bid. The photos and names will together make up a mosaic bearing the 2018 bid logo, The FA’s three lions badge and the slogan “England united. The world invited”. The flag can currently be viewed at http://www.2018.BT.com.

We really want to engage Rovers supporters to help activate this exciting campaign and, with this in mind, we would very much appreciate it if you could show your support by posting a link to http://www.2018.BT.com on http://www.roverstalk.com. All supporters that sign up are automatically entered into an exclusive prize draw to win the chance to be a flag bearer at an England home game at Wembley Stadium in May.

Please let us know if this is possible. We are happy to provide any additional information that you may require

Thank you very much indeed for your time and support and I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Yours sincerely,

Ollie Morris
So there you go!

Gibbon
Promising manager

Re: 2018 FIFA world cup England bid

Post by Gibbon » Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:50 am

I'm still shocked and revolted by how much the Olympics will cost us. Crap knows how much we'd end up paying out for the World cup if we got that too. I'm sure that won't help our deficit one iota.

I swear the country is run by morons.

Did anyone see that 120 metre sculpture they're planning on building at the Olympic stadium?

Looks like someone's turned a giant dog inside out and will cost the tax payer at least 4 million quid. (15 million or so is being paid for by the steel industry)

Fucking hideous waste of money.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:32 am

At least with the World Cup they use existing stadiums. The thing that gets me about a lot of these projects, like the Olympics or the Millenium Dome, is that there's never any real thought to what the new buildings are going to be used for after the event.

And have you only just realised we're run by morons? Never mind, we can pick some other morons to run it in a few weeks' time. :hyper:

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:46 am

Rover the Top wrote:And have you only just realised we're run by morons? Never mind, we can pick some other morons to run it in a few weeks' time. :hyper:
I don't think it can ever be stated too many times. ;)

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:54 am

You've actually reminded me to register for Olympic tickets. It might be a waste of money, but if it's going to be here anyway, I may as well go along and sample the atmosphere.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:38 am

I've just found out that they're making the stadium out of guns and knives. GUNS AND KNIVES! :hyper:

I've changed my mind. That's made everything cool.

Everything should be made of guns and knives. And possibly Kestrels.
Last edited by Gibbon on Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:39 am, edited 1 time in total.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Wed Apr 21, 2010 9:39 am

As the world eagerly awaits the Olympic Winter Games in Vancouver,
Do you want to tell them, or should I?

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:20 am

Rover the Top wrote:You've actually reminded me to register for Olympic tickets. It might be a waste of money, but if it's going to be here anyway, I may as well go along and sample the atmosphere.
I registered a while back... I hope i'm not expected to remember a password or something when the time comes

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Sat Apr 24, 2010 9:21 am

Guns and Knives = Excellent

After the games they should tell West Ham to go screw themselves and make the olympic stadium an 80,000 capacity cricket oval

SheepShagginRover
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by SheepShagginRover » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:22 am

theadore wrote:
Rover the Top wrote:You've actually reminded me to register for Olympic tickets. It might be a waste of money, but if it's going to be here anyway, I may as well go along and sample the atmosphere.
I registered a while back... I hope i'm not expected to remember a password or something when the time comes
I registered A while back too, whast did you register for?

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Sat Apr 24, 2010 10:34 am

can't remember to be honest... biking, 'thletics, gymsticks... football probably

SheepShagginRover
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by SheepShagginRover » Sat Apr 24, 2010 11:20 am

theadore wrote:can't remember to be honest... biking, 'thletics, gymsticks... football probably
I think I went obscure to increase the chances I'd actually get tickets. We couldn't get tickets for the 2002 Commonwealth Games. Think I went; Athletics, Diving, Judo, Tae-Kwon-Do, Biking and Archery

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Sat Apr 24, 2010 1:30 pm

I was tempted by the modern pentathlon, but realised it might not be seen as appropriate to roar out laughing when they fell off the horses... :D

Rowing is the one I really want to see, but I applied for any sport that I felt I could sit and watch. So no gymnastics or synchronised swimming...

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:06 pm

Cycling would be cool, plus we'd probably win! :hyper:

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Sat Apr 24, 2010 8:14 pm

I'm a huge fan of cycling and was really looking forward to it... less so now they've removed the pursuits.