The problem with England?

Discuss all International football at senior and youth levels
Savory
Promising manager
Posts: 10878
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:34 pm
Location: Manchester
Contact:

Re: The problem with England?

Post by Savory » Mon Oct 31, 2011 7:00 am

:lol:

User avatar
-BARON-23-
Promising manager
Posts: 11073
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:45 am
Location: Blackpool - Home, Luton - University
Contact:

Re: The problem with England?

Post by -BARON-23- » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:11 pm

My team for the Euro Championships would be -

-------------------Hart---------------------

Richards-----King----Dawson-----Baines

-----Lampard/Wilshere----Parker----------

Milner-------------------------------Young

-------------Bent-----------Rooney--------

For me, that would be my team. If Wilshere was fit then i'd play him over Lampard as i feel we need to move past the likes of Terry, Ferdinand, Cole, Gerrard, G. Johnson and Lampard.
My only worry is that Baines does get home sick so i don't know if he could handle the trip.
Playing Rooney would depend on whether or not he wins the appeal for Euro Championships obviously.

User avatar
Joe
Ageing international
Posts: 3579
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:04 pm

Re: The problem with England?

Post by Joe » Wed Nov 09, 2011 6:19 pm

Phil Jones is better than Dawson. And King will be injured.

User avatar
-BARON-23-
Promising manager
Posts: 11073
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:45 am
Location: Blackpool - Home, Luton - University
Contact:

Re: The problem with England?

Post by -BARON-23- » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:38 am

Yeh i suppose Jones would get in there, i completely forgot about him then :doh:

King has remained quite fit this season and already matched the amount of games he played last season. If fit he should be a certainty as his class is undoubted

User avatar
Rover the Top
Experienced manager
Posts: 27140
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: The problem with England?

Post by Rover the Top » Thu Nov 10, 2011 8:55 am

-SAMBA-4- wrote:Yeh i suppose Jones would get in there, i completely forgot about him then :doh:
He's dead to me too...

BMW318i
Experienced international star
Posts: 1527
Joined: Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:33 am
Contact:

Re: The problem with England?

Post by BMW318i » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:05 pm

-SAMBA-4- wrote:My team for the Euro Championships would be -

-------------------Hart---------------------

Richards-----King----Dawson-----Baines

-----Lampard/Wilshere----Parker----------

Milner-------------------------------Young

-------------Bent-----------Rooney--------

For me, that would be my team. If Wilshere was fit then i'd play him over Lampard as i feel we need to move past the likes of Terry, Ferdinand, Cole, Gerrard, G. Johnson and Lampard.
My only worry is that Baines does get home sick so i don't know if he could handle the trip.
Playing Rooney would depend on whether or not he wins the appeal for Euro Championships obviously.

Savory
Promising manager
Posts: 10878
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:34 pm
Location: Manchester
Contact:

Re: The problem with England?

Post by Savory » Wed Feb 08, 2012 10:38 am

Capello 8-)

Why all this before a tournament again :lol: :roll:

User avatar
Rover Ryan
Ageing international
Posts: 4777
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:42 am
Location: Bolton, England
Contact:

Re: The problem with England?

Post by Rover Ryan » Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:39 am

Savory wrote:Capello 8-)

Why all this before a tournament again :lol: :roll:
Typical isnt it :o

User avatar
-BARON-23-
Promising manager
Posts: 11073
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:45 am
Location: Blackpool - Home, Luton - University
Contact:

Re: The problem with England?

Post by -BARON-23- » Wed Feb 08, 2012 12:35 pm

Fair play to him for standing up for what he believes. He's manager, it's his choice

User avatar
roversmillsy
Ageing international
Posts: 2127
Joined: Sun Jul 27, 2008 10:56 pm
Contact:

Re: The problem with England?

Post by roversmillsy » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:10 pm

-SAMBA-4- wrote:Fair play to him for standing up for what he believes. He's manager, it's his choice
+1

It's the stupid FA's fault for making the decision.

Savory
Promising manager
Posts: 10878
Joined: Thu Apr 26, 2007 3:34 pm
Location: Manchester
Contact:

Re: The problem with England?

Post by Savory » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:22 pm

aye, but it wouldnt surprise me if they (FA) sacked capello and appointed redknapp now :lol:

User avatar
Rover the Top
Experienced manager
Posts: 27140
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: The problem with England?

Post by Rover the Top » Wed Feb 08, 2012 1:39 pm

-SAMBA-4- wrote:Fair play to him for standing up for what he believes.
But not so much he's prepared to walk away from the bumper salary he's paid by his employers... which leads me to:
He's manager, it's his choice
He may be the team manager, but that doesn't mean he's not answerable to anyone. A decision has been made above his head, and he should respect that even if he doesn't agree with it. He's out of line, but like Rovers with Samba, getting rid might not be the best option for the FA at this time.

Post Reply