FIFA Vice Pres behaves like a twat

Discuss all International football at senior and youth levels
mrblackbat
Promising manager

FIFA Vice Pres behaves like a twat

Post by mrblackbat » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:02 pm

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/footbal ... 939170.stm
\"Nobody in Europe likes England. England invented the sport but has never made any impact on world football.\"
Aside from having won the world cup and currently having the best league in the world...
Warner, president of Concacaf, added that he would battle to bring international football's premier tournament to his region, which covers North and Central America and the Caribbean.
OOO and countries from Concacaf REALLY have had an impact on world football, haven't they?

What a tosser.

:wanker:

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:07 pm

I don't think we should get it unless we can prove it won't be a mess like euro '96.

we do have the stadiums, but the infrastructure is still likely to be a joke and despite upping the sales of plastic england flags in Tesco I can't see it being a huge success.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Thu Aug 09, 2007 6:13 pm

Regardless of that, I think we have more of a right to it than any country in the Concacaf or over the three European countries mentioned.

And if he'd mentioned Euro 96 as a reason against it, I wouldn't mind so much; but the basis of his argument comes across as him simply disliking England.

Gouldy
Valued squad member

Post by Gouldy » Thu Aug 09, 2007 9:08 pm

If they dont like us then it must mean were doing something right :whistle:

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Fri Aug 10, 2007 9:15 am

His comments are bordering on racism.

doz_magic_man
Valued squad member

Post by doz_magic_man » Fri Aug 10, 2007 10:25 am

When I first read this I thought it was a hoax. There is no way on earth that the vice-president of any corporation can get away with saying such things about one of its members, and if I was Brian Berwick I'd demand that this idiot resigns.

Bury Phil
New signing

Post by Bury Phil » Wed Aug 22, 2007 3:29 pm

It is a fiercely protective piece, and totally pragmatic.

It is however, reasonably well argued in principal. There is no case for bringing the WC back to Europe, so quickly after Germany 06. It has only just been agreed that the WC will alternate around the major continents.

Having said that, he betrays himself on 2 points, firstly the French SHOULD not get it, they only had the event 3 world cups ago!, secondly he is quite right that the UK is fiercely unpopular in Europe - mainly because of our prediliction to invade other countries with our US chums, but since when has the award been down to popularity? It is normally down to greed (Japan 2002, USA 1994).