Inexperienced manager

Re: Euro 2012

Post by theadore » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:44 pm

Kurwa Czechs!

-BARON-23-
Promising manager

Post by -BARON-23- » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:47 pm

Knew Russia were so over-rated after that first game.

Fair play to the Greeks there too. Poor captain misses the next game due to a shocking ref decision

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Sat Jun 16, 2012 9:49 pm

-BARON-23- wrote:
theadore wrote:The most pleasing thing from an England point of view so far is that nobody (russia excepted - still think they're being a little overrated) has really looked that good yet.

Thought it was a pretty dull match - especially the second half. Both us and France played like we'd prefer to keep the draw than go for the win.
Russia are amazingly over-rated. The Czechs have never been an amazing side and i fully expected Russia to beat them at least 2/3 v 0. Russia will crumble against a bigger side like they always do
You mean like Greece? :yeahright: The never-been-amazing Czechs (are you sure? :shrug: ) win the group, Greece runners-up, Russia and co-hosts Poland out. It's amusing to hear the over-paid 'professional' pundits at a loss to explain how Greece have got through. It's not as if they finished top of their qualifying group ahead of Croatia or won this tournament 8 years ago... :doh:

Savory
Promising manager

Post by Savory » Sat Jun 16, 2012 10:06 pm

amazin what a bit of team spirit can do 8-)

-BARON-23-
Promising manager

Post by -BARON-23- » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:21 am

Rover the Top wrote:
-BARON-23- wrote:
theadore wrote:The most pleasing thing from an England point of view so far is that nobody (russia excepted - still think they're being a little overrated) has really looked that good yet.

Thought it was a pretty dull match - especially the second half. Both us and France played like we'd prefer to keep the draw than go for the win.
Russia are amazingly over-rated. The Czechs have never been an amazing side and i fully expected Russia to beat them at least 2/3 v 0. Russia will crumble against a bigger side like they always do
You mean like Greece? :yeahright: The never-been-amazing Czechs (are you sure? :shrug: ) win the group, Greece runners-up, Russia and co-hosts Poland out. It's amusing to hear the over-paid 'professional' pundits at a loss to explain how Greece have got through. It's not as if they finished top of their qualifying group ahead of Croatia or won this tournament 8 years ago... :doh:
Still, i wasn't far off with Russia crumbling ;)

Fair play to Greece though, i never expected that, they're so slow to get into the game! But yeh, i've never known an amazing Czech side. I'm sure in 08 they were nothing special and if you go back to 04 i was around 11 years old and not hugely into football then and if the amazing Czech side was before that, well then that's before my time :lol:

Savory
Promising manager

Post by Savory » Sun Jun 17, 2012 1:38 am

See Euro 96 mate...

They did all their training at our high school footy pitches and stayed in a hotel near us, so we popped over one day to get autographs, from patrick berger, poborsky and nedved etc...

i was 15 tbf :lol:

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Sun Jun 17, 2012 8:46 am

A lot of miserable faces in the Polski slep his morning. Then again thats nothing new :)

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Sun Jun 17, 2012 9:10 am

-BARON-23- wrote: Still, i wasn't far off with Russia crumbling ;)

Fair play to Greece though, i never expected that, they're so slow to get into the game! But yeh, i've never known an amazing Czech side. I'm sure in 08 they were nothing special and if you go back to 04 i was around 11 years old and not hugely into football then and if the amazing Czech side was before that, well then that's before my time :lol:
Ah, so 'never' meant 'in the last 4 years'... :lol: They've won more European Championships than England, Portugal, Croatia/Serbia, and so on... I assume they weren't bad back then, even though that was before my time... :yeahright:

-BARON-23-
Promising manager

Post by -BARON-23- » Sun Jun 17, 2012 2:43 pm

Rover the Top wrote:
-BARON-23- wrote: Still, i wasn't far off with Russia crumbling ;)

Ah, so 'never' meant 'in the last 4 years'... :lol: They've won more European Championships than England, Portugal, Croatia/Serbia, and so on... I assume they weren't bad back then, even though that was before my time... :yeahright:
I guess they were pretty good then :lol:

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Sun Jun 17, 2012 3:52 pm

Still pretty cranky at Poland going out... time to get one with the rest of the tournament though.

Russia seemed a bit poor on the highlights and can't argue with Greece and Czech being the best teams on the night.

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Sun Jun 24, 2012 10:27 am

England v Italy
What are our chances of winning tonight. It won't be easy of course and will probably go to extra time.

-BARON-23-
Promising manager

Post by -BARON-23- » Sun Jun 24, 2012 11:59 am

Italy 2v1 - Balotelli to score in 91st min. I'd love to see his celebration and well England are too boring. Pirlo should have a field day as we sit back far too much and allow him the space he needs. Di Natale is too smart for us too.

I'd actually wet myself if that happened. Personally i'm not rooting for anyone as International football bores me and i'm not happy with the England squad at all.

Simon
Ageing international

Post by Simon » Sun Jun 24, 2012 5:08 pm

Fairly confident in an Italy win tonight.

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Sun Jun 24, 2012 6:13 pm

The quarter finals have gone to form so far. No real surprises. Hopefully the best is being saved until last. Not much optimism before the tournament and not much now. Must admit i think England have been pretty much second best in the group games in terms of performance but still managed to top the group so they must be doing something right. Not that it was much of a group in quality oposition. I think if we had been playing the Germans or Spain we would have been beaten comfortably. Italy though aren't as good. Maybe with a bit of luck we can get through but this is perhaps the closest of the quarter finals in terms of result to call. I'm going England 2-1 after extra time but that is only because i'm English.

Rover the Moon
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Rover the Moon » Sun Jun 24, 2012 9:34 pm

Simon wrote:Fairly confident in an Italy win tonight.
I wasn't but England have been pretty dire so far. Hope springs eternal and all that

I really don't get what is so special about Rooney. bar a tap in my grandma could have scored he's been terrible. Not as bad as Young though :o