DunnFC wrote:Huddlesstone is never going to be a gerrard
walcott il give you that
agbonlahor possably
lita - never will make it
young - possably
baines - nope not as good as ashley cole
hoyte - never going to be gary neville
taylor - will never be a terry.
You may think that but they could end up being like Croatian players and actually achieve something.

Lets trample all these young talents into the dirt before they even have a chance :roll:
Well Streaky its a forum where i can express my opinion and while i can discuss it i will thanks im sorry if you disagree with me but you can hardly rate the likes or Lita and Huddlestone. We are a world class nation.

You may happen to disagree with that but the talent coming through will never be matched my the talent which came from Man utd that time.

The Croats had it easy they hardly played the best teams did they? maybe you could count us but Israel, Andorra and Macedonia are hardly going to test the best are they?

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:18 pm

Huddlestone will be the next Hoddle. I appreciate you're too young to remember him as a player, so think of an English version of Tugay. He lacks consistency at the moment, but that will come with experience. Give it 2-3 years, depending on where he ends up and how much he plays, but I think he'll be an excellent player.

streakyb
Valued squad member

Re:

Post by streakyb » Thu Nov 22, 2007 3:25 pm

DunnFC wrote:We are a world class nation.

You may happen to disagree with that but the talent coming through will never be matched my the talent which came from Man utd that time.

The Croats had it easy they hardly played the best teams did they? maybe you could count us bujavascript:emoticon(':scratch:')
Dubioust Israel, Andorra and Macedonia are hardly going to test the best are they?
So we are a world class nation yet in your eyes we dont have any good young talent :|

We are also a world class side yet we failled to qualify from a group topped by the croats, a team who had it easy and hardly played the best teams :|

As a regular watcher of England U21 (I have watched most of their matches that have been on TV for the past year or more) I can say we do have talent. the difference being I dont think we are a World class nation therfore rate the players.

Whilst you still believe that we are a world class nation (just like Newcastle are a top club) you will think these players are no good

DunnFC
Regular international

Post by DunnFC » Thu Nov 22, 2007 4:27 pm

RTT - yea i dont really remember Hoddle, although my mam said he was a good player. Huddlesstone is meant to be good and ive seen him a few times because he does like to spread the ball out into wide area like Tugs.But if Huddlesstone is going to be so great why are Spurs not playing him? Why dont the media rave about him? why are we linked with a 4mill move for him, because i thought every bit of English talent redicusly overpriced lke walcott and yound for example.

Streaky - Im just passionate like yourself wanting the best for the England football team, but lets face it we have world class footballers like Terry, Gerrard and Rooney but for some reason they arnt showing it. I dont know why and i dont know how we failed to qualify because in my mind we had the resources to do so. Weve got brilliant acadamies but why dont they turn over more?

Maybe we arnt the best or dont have a world class team like Brazil but weve got some individual players who are world class and you cant argue about that. (thats what i meant earlier just couldnt get it down).

This campaign has been a blip it happend under Bobby Robson but im sure if we get the right man this time, we can do well in 2010.

Willy
Ageing international

Re:

Post by Willy » Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:05 pm

Phil wrote:Players that are still young enough for the start of the 2010 world cup:

Foster
Green
Richards
Terry
Ferdinand (at a push)
Ashley Cole
Lennon
Bentley
Joe Cole
Gerrard
Hargreaves
Ashley Young
Rooney
Walcott
Crouch
Defoe
Bent
Owen, just.
:-?
Owen will have retired through injury by then...I guarantee it now.

Gouldy
Valued squad member

Re:

Post by Gouldy » Thu Nov 22, 2007 10:06 pm

Willy wrote:
Owen will have retired through injury by then...I guarantee it now.
I agree. Theres only so many times you can repair things. Eventually its going to take its toll

streakyb
Valued squad member

Re:

Post by streakyb » Fri Nov 23, 2007 7:53 am

Gouldy wrote:I agree. Theres only so many times you can repair things. Eventually its going to take its toll
At Rooneys current rate then he may well have joined Owen.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Re:

Post by Rover the Top » Fri Nov 23, 2007 8:19 am

DunnFC wrote:RTT - yea i dont really remember Hoddle, although my mam said he was a good player. Huddlesstone is meant to be good and ive seen him a few times because he does like to spread the ball out into wide area like Tugs.But if Huddlesstone is going to be so great why are Spurs not playing him? Why dont the media rave about him? why are we linked with a 4mill move for him, because i thought every bit of English talent redicusly overpriced lke walcott and yound for example.
That's your reasoning? :o Bentley wasn't playing for Arsenal, only cost us £500k, obviously he's shit too? 'All English players are expensive' is only true if you ignore the ones who aren't... Warnock, Dunn and Derbyshire didn't cost much either ;) Friedel wasn't in the Liverpool side, McCarthy wasn't playing at Porto, Santa Cruz was only a sub at Bayern, Samba couldn't get in the Hertha Berlin team, etc, etc...

Spurs have 374 players on their books, they can't all play... :-D He was playing under Jol, but the word is the new manager Ramos doesn't want him and is expected to sell players to make room for his players.

DunnFC
Regular international

Post by DunnFC » Fri Nov 23, 2007 9:08 am

Ok Topi il take your word that Huddlesstone is going to be a good player, your most likely older than me so youll know more about these things, same goes for you Streaks ;)

Willy
Ageing international

Re:

Post by Willy » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:22 pm

DunnFC wrote:Ok Topi il take your word that Huddlesstone is going to be a good player, your most likely older than me so youll know more about these things, same goes for you Streaks ;)
LOL!!..."Topi" and "Streaks"....hehehehehe

:-D

Gouldy
Valued squad member

Re:

Post by Gouldy » Fri Nov 23, 2007 4:29 pm

streakyb wrote:
Gouldy wrote:I agree. Theres only so many times you can repair things. Eventually its going to take its toll
At Rooneys current rate then he may well have joined Owen.
True. I know Rooney wants to play every single game, but the amount of foot injuries hes got, and then come back so quickly from, is unbelievable.

Jim
Experienced international star

Post by Jim » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:32 am

You know how fucking bad its getting now when they are blaming the guy who sang the national anthems for England's loss... fucks sake!

Although the story behind it is absolutely hilarious!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/7109058.stm

I've been giggling like mad for the last few mins over that! :-D

calmck
New signing

Re:

Post by calmck » Mon Nov 26, 2007 6:44 pm

Rover the Top wrote:Huddlestone will be the next Hoddle.
I know Spurs fans who would kill you for such a comparison.

I've never seen anything in his game to make me think he'll ever play for England. He's got the same sort of physique as Steven Reid, and is probably a similar sort of player, but Reid is far better player in my eyes. And Reid is no Hoddle....

Rover the Moon
Unemployed ex-pro

Re:

Post by Rover the Moon » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:01 pm

calmck wrote:

I've never seen anything in his game to make me think he'll ever play for England. He's got the same sort of physique as Steven Reid, and is probably a similar sort of player, but Reid is far better player in my eyes. And Reid is no Hoddle....
Maybe he'll manage england and get sacked for being a wack job? ;)

Joe
Ageing international

Re:

Post by Joe » Mon Nov 26, 2007 9:16 pm

Rover the Moon wrote:
calmck wrote:

Maybe he'll manage england and get sacked for being a wack job? ;)
Yet be, arguably, our most successful manager in at least 15 years..... :scratch: