John Terry a fitting England captain?

Discuss all International football at senior and youth levels
Rover the Moon
Unemployed ex-pro

John Terry a fitting England captain?

Post by Rover the Moon » Sun Dec 02, 2007 5:36 pm

I ask this question because to me John Terry's behaviour for Chelsea is generally disgraceful. He may be a fine defender with a brave and never say die spirt but he's always the main culprit when it comes to barracking referees. Once again this weekend he shames himself by getting into a spat with Boa Morte that did not concern him and bit Boa Morte's thumb in a childish and cowardly way not befitting the conduct one exepects from a role model and england captain. (yes Boa Morte is a dirty little wum and should not have put his hand in Terry's face but biting his thumb is not right too).

Terry is usually the one taking up the 'Roy Keane' pose 1/4 of an inch away from the referees nose shouting allsorts of expletives at him with a contorted face twisted by immature anger and arrogance.

If I was the next England manager my first task would be to very publicly strip him of the captaincy and tell him that his behaviour is immature, bang out of order and instruct the referres that John Terry is not above the law of football. Maybe then this thug may one day become a role model.

Joe
Ageing international

Re: John Terry a fitting England captain?

Post by Joe » Sun Dec 02, 2007 6:50 pm

Rover the Moon wrote:I ask this question because to me John Terry's behaviour for Chelsea is generally disgraceful. He may be a fine defender with a brave and never say die spirt but he's always the main culprit when it comes to barracking referees. Once again this weekend he shames himself by getting into a spat with Boa Morte that did not concern him and bit Boa Morte's thumb in a childish and cowardly way not befitting the conduct one exepects from a role model and england captain. (yes Boa Morte is a dirty little wum and should not have put his hand in Terry's face but biting his thumb is not right too).

Terry is usually the one taking up the 'Roy Keane' pose 1/4 of an inch away from the referees nose shouting allsorts of expletives at him with a contorted face twisted by immature anger and arrogance.

If I was the next England manager my first task would be to very publicly strip him of the captaincy and tell him that his behaviour is immature, bang out of order and instruct the referres that John Terry is not above the law of football. Maybe then this thug may one day become a role model.
Who else though? Gerrard's attitude towards referee's is just as bad.

DunnFC
Regular international

Post by DunnFC » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:56 pm

I always wanted GARY NEVILLE to be captain.

Joe
Ageing international

Re:

Post by Joe » Sun Dec 02, 2007 8:59 pm

DunnFC wrote:I always wanted GARY NEVILLE to be captain.
Mods, does that warrant a ban?

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Sun Dec 02, 2007 9:01 pm

a ban... get tracing his IP.

Gouldy
Valued squad member

Post by Gouldy » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:05 pm

Who else is there in that team that you could call a role model, except maybe Owen. There all overpaid pre-madonnas who dont give a shit about playing for England

Willy
Ageing international

Re:

Post by Willy » Sun Dec 02, 2007 10:15 pm

Gouldy wrote:Who else is there in that team that you could call a role model, except maybe Owen. There all overpaid pre-madonnas who dont give a shit about playing for England
Exactly. Terry's as good as anyone.