Films that are ace

There must be more to life than football?
Savory
Promising manager

Re: Films that are ace

Post by Savory » Fri Jan 27, 2012 12:24 am

nice :P

Pat Sharps Mullet
Promising youngster

Post by Pat Sharps Mullet » Sat Jan 28, 2012 4:02 pm

Don't get too excited. It's a teaser for a new Honda advert to be shown during the Superbowl.

SheepShagginRover
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by SheepShagginRover » Sun Jan 29, 2012 12:54 am

Only a Breakfast Club remake would be marginally more insulting to John Hughes' legacy.

BMW318i
Experienced international star

Post by BMW318i » Sun Jan 29, 2012 9:49 am

CheltenhamRover wrote:Not sure if it has been mentioned, but Step Up 3 is a really good film, but is an acquired taste...

And even though it's been out a long while now, Dream House with Daniel Craig is a great film. Deep and thought-provoking.

On the other hand, Van Helsing is shit. Just saying.
One of my all time favourite films

Savory
Promising manager

Post by Savory » Mon Jan 30, 2012 9:54 am

Watched a couple of beltin films over the weekend.

Drive
Wow what a film, all that build up before it goes all mental, funny at times and even tho the main character was a bit of a nutter i couldnt help but feel for the guy, really didnt know where it was going so very happy with it and was intriguing throughout, one of the best films of 2011,
9/10.

Berlin Calling
Another unexpected good film, unsurprisingly great soundtrack and was about a DJ who took a tablet with all sorts of mad shit in it and he went a bit west and ended up in a rehab centre and all this while hes tryin to find himself and get his new album done, nice scenes of berlin and its clubbin scene so really enjoyed it,
8/10.

No doubt some loser will post below pointing out a simple spelling mistake that has since been rectified. :P
Last edited by Savory on Mon Jan 30, 2012 12:03 pm, edited 4 times in total.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Mon Jan 30, 2012 11:37 am

Savory wrote:and was about a DJ who took a table with all sorts of mad shit in it
:|

Joe
Ageing international

Post by Joe » Mon Jan 30, 2012 4:25 pm

Girl with Dragon tatoo was alright. Fincher's definitely redeemed himself following the shower of shite that the Social Network was. The soundtrack was pretty cool also. Just a shame it didn't finish half an hour earlier when it seemed the perfect time to end a film. I guess they wanted to stay true to the book (which I haven't read).

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Mon Feb 20, 2012 10:13 am

Gibbon wrote: On the other hand I was a little disappointed that I managed to guess the entire plot of Moon just from watching the trailer. :(
I've just watched this yesterday without really knowing what it was about. I'd imagine it would be spoiled if you saw later bits of the film before seeing the whole thing - for five/ten minutes in the middle, I was going down a completely different path in trying to make sense of it. Of course, if you don't see the trailer for a film, you're not likely to know it exists and only get to watch it two years after everyone else... :yeahright:

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Mon Feb 20, 2012 1:18 pm

Sav I watch Drive recently too, cracking film!

Another Gosling film I enjoyed recently was Blue Valentine, bit depressing mind.

Watched Submarine last night, excellent British comedy from Richard Ayoade out of IT Crowd. Well worth a watch and also a great soundtrack from Alex Turner.

BMW318i

Post by BMW318i » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:21 pm

Is drive violent?

mcteeth
Ageing international

Post by mcteeth » Mon Feb 20, 2012 3:59 pm

BMW318i wrote:Is drive violent?
Yeah, very in a couple of moments at the end...

Jim

Post by Jim » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:31 pm

Just finished watching Schindler's List. The upsetting and terrifying part is that it only rarely parts from reality.

Some excellent performances, Neeson obviously as Schindler but especially Fiennes as Amon Goeth, who'se character is just terrifying. The scene at the end with Schindler trying to justify keeping his car, and his pin, when he could have saved more lives is just heartbreaking.

Then it angers and saddens me that there are actually people out there who refuse to believe the holocaust actually happened. :doh:

RoverthePennines
Regular international

Post by RoverthePennines » Mon Feb 20, 2012 8:47 pm

Jim wrote:Just finished watching Schindler's List. The upsetting and terrifying part is that it only rarely parts from reality.

Some excellent performances, Neeson obviously as Schindler but especially Fiennes as Amon Goeth, who'se character is just terrifying. The scene at the end with Schindler trying to justify keeping his car, and his pin, when he could have saved more lives is just heartbreaking.

Then it angers and saddens me that there are actually people out there who refuse to believe the holocaust actually happened. :doh:
The way the rest of Schindler's life panned out seems to make to whole thing more tragic to me. Great deeds often don't get what they deserve

BMW318i

Post by BMW318i » Tue Feb 21, 2012 2:42 am

mcteeth wrote:
BMW318i wrote:Is drive violent?
Yeah, very in a couple of moments at the end...
Ahh, why are all the good movies always violent?

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Feb 21, 2012 8:41 am

I don't remember My Fair Lady being violent?