Beer

There must be more to life than football?
Joe
Ageing international

Re: Beer

Post by Joe » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:38 am

theadore wrote:
Dear Joe,

Unfortunately one of our customers abused the code you used so heavily we've decided to take it our on you.

Yours Beguilingly

Beer Folks
By giving me free beer!

Joe
Ageing international

Post by Joe » Wed Apr 08, 2015 11:39 am

To be fair their marketing ploy has almost work. I'm very, very tempted to take the next months offer at half-price. But I should really wait to get my allergy clinic appointment out of the way before getting lots of ale.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Wed Apr 08, 2015 1:39 pm

Or get loads of beer and drink it all before you're told you have to stop.

Joe
Ageing international

Post by Joe » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:05 pm

Gibbon wrote:Or get loads of beer and drink it all before you're told you should have stopped
By a pathologist.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Wed Apr 08, 2015 4:34 pm

:¬D

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Sat Apr 11, 2015 9:31 am

If it kills you they'll never be able to tell you to stop!

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Tue May 05, 2015 4:08 pm

Ethiaa wrote:You might be interested to know Booths sponsor our Beer and Sausage festival because of our connection with the finest quality local produce. And for some reason, somebody booked Simon's band to play on the Sunday.
Well, the sausages were nice and the beer even nicer. 8-)

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Tue May 05, 2015 4:41 pm

What about the band?

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Tue May 05, 2015 4:48 pm

I didn't see them, I was busy when they were on...

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Tue May 05, 2015 4:56 pm

Glad it went well.

iamarover
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by iamarover » Tue Jun 09, 2015 7:37 pm

Savory wrote:https://www.beer52.com/

where it says Get Started

stick in the code gs9

get your first month free

then cancel when you get them so you dont continue paying... or just continue with them.

or just keep creating new user accounts on diff emails and keep using the code and getting free'ish beer.

METRO50 also gets you half price package after you've done the initial code above.
ahoy savory (and others). There's a code 'gs10' you can use until the end of June to get £10 off a case plus two free extra beers (normally an additional fiver).

Comes to £14 for 10 beers.

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Sun Jul 05, 2015 10:24 pm

I appear to be in Sheffield (and Broomhill to be exact) for Monday and Tuesday night at a conference - anyone know where the hell I can get a decent pint or three? It's at least 15 years since I went drinking in Sheff and I suspect it may have changed a little.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Sun Jul 05, 2015 11:25 pm

Sheffield Tap is good, at the station.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Mon Jul 06, 2015 6:40 am

As blackbat said Sheffield Tap is good - but my favourites with a nice range of beers and ciders - (and great food) were always the Old House on division street, or the University Arms which has a great beer garden if the weather's good.

There's three or four decent pubs around Division street/Devonshire green - so I'd head there if I were you.

Having said that, a lot can change in the two years since I lived there - so your best bet is to use the Theadore pub guide.

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Mon Jul 06, 2015 9:38 am

:D

the York in Broomhill has good beer... 5/6 cask, couple of keg and the usual belgian suspects in the fridge. Its more a restaurant down one side so can get busy in the bar (food is awesome though).

Otherwise in Broomhill the Nottingham House and Broomhill tavern are good pubs. Avoid the place which is horrible, the south sea which is basically just a grotty gig venue these days and the fox and duck (only ok).

Town Centre wise - Sheffield Tap is definitely worth a stop - has the best beer selection in town although can get prohibitively expensive if you venture towards the keg/bottle fridge. The Rutland Arms near the station has great beer (cask and keg) and cheap food... also a beer garden. Theres always Brew Dog on division street (spoiler alert: its the same as all the other brew dog bars) or the Old House as Gibbon suggests (owned by the same people as the York in Broomhill).

Alternatively head to Kelham Island (which probably hasn't changed at all in 15 years)... probably be about half an hour from broomhill depending on how you get there. Highlights are Shakespeares (My favourite), Kelham Island Tavern (perennial contender for national CAMRA prize and featured in the new york times travel top 100 last year) and the Harlequin. Riverside and Fat Cat also contenders.

Have fun.