TV shows that are ace

There must be more to life than football?
User avatar
Gibbon
Promising manager
Posts: 17374
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:54 am
Location: Location: Location
Contact:

Re: TV shows that are ace

Post by Gibbon » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:50 am

mrblackbat wrote:Yes, yes he was.
Do you mean **SPOILERS** this **/SPOILERS** stuff?

"I was able to keep going only because I found, or rather you found, an investor who believed in this place” (Ford, episode 10).

Hardly about opening and could easily have happened anytime in the 30 years since William first visited.

Also your point about Maeve being the brothel Madam when William first goes to the park...

'When they arrive, we also see Clementine and the old Brothel Madam standing outside the Mariposa where Clementine and Maeve usually stands in the current time period. We also see Clementine and the old Brothel Madam in the Westworld advert that Maeve sees in the current time period.'



User avatar
mrblackbat
Promising manager
Posts: 14222
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: TV shows that are ace

Post by mrblackbat » Sun Dec 11, 2016 10:47 am

Gibbon wrote:
mrblackbat wrote:Yes, yes he was.
Do you mean **SPOILERS** this **/SPOILERS** stuff?

"I was able to keep going only because I found, or rather you found, an investor who believed in this place” (Ford, episode 10).

Hardly about opening and could easily have happened anytime in the 30 years since William first visited.

Also your point about Maeve being the brothel Madam when William first goes to the park...

'When they arrive, we also see Clementine and the old Brothel Madam standing outside the Mariposa where Clementine and Maeve usually stands in the current time period. We also see Clementine and the old Brothel Madam in the Westworld advert that Maeve sees in the current time period.'


Perhaps I'm mistaken with Maeve, then.

The other is critical though, its made in direct reference to keeping going after Arnold was killed, and that would insinuate that William has already visited the park at that point.


User avatar
Gibbon
Promising manager
Posts: 17374
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:54 am
Location: Location: Location
Contact:

Re: TV shows that are ace

Post by Gibbon » Sun Dec 11, 2016 12:42 pm

mrblackbat wrote:The other is critical though, its made in direct reference to keeping going after Arnold was killed, and that would insinuate that William has already visited the park at that point.


Not necessarily though, The park could easily have gone into a slow decline after Arnolds death and then been saved from the brink by William. Something like that could easily have taken place over 10 or even 20 years.


Regardless, the fact that it causes confusion suggests a failure of storytelling at some level, even if I don't think it's quite the disaster you do. :D

User avatar
Joe
Ageing international
Posts: 3561
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:04 pm

Re: TV shows that are ace

Post by Joe » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:39 pm

Nobody discussed new Black Mirror on here? San Junipero episode is one of the best episodes of TV I've ever seen.

User avatar
Dan
Unemployed ex-pro
Posts: 6574
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:08 am
Contact:

Re: TV shows that are ace

Post by Dan » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:02 am

Joe wrote:Nobody discussed new Black Mirror on here? San Junipero episode is one of the best episodes of TV I've ever seen.
Yeah, Black Mirror's pretty awesome. I actually forgot what I was watching that episode and got completely sucked in.
The webcam one was good too - and a similar story popped up in the News the morning after I watched it, which was a bit creepy.

User avatar
mrblackbat
Promising manager
Posts: 14222
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: TV shows that are ace

Post by mrblackbat » Wed Dec 14, 2016 11:10 am

I just want to know what happens after the first episode season 3 of Black Mirror. I could happily watch a full series of that.

User avatar
Joe
Ageing international
Posts: 3561
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:04 pm

Re: TV shows that are ace

Post by Joe » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:47 pm

mrblackbat wrote:I just want to know what happens after the first episode season 3 of Black Mirror. I could happily watch a full series of that.
The american technological rating/popularity episode? Thought that was the weakest of the six

User avatar
Joe
Ageing international
Posts: 3561
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 3:04 pm

Re: TV shows that are ace

Post by Joe » Wed Dec 14, 2016 9:48 pm

Dan wrote:
Joe wrote:Nobody discussed new Black Mirror on here? San Junipero episode is one of the best episodes of TV I've ever seen.
Yeah, Black Mirror's pretty awesome. I actually forgot what I was watching that episode and got completely sucked in.
The webcam one was good too - and a similar story popped up in the News the morning after I watched it, which was a bit creepy.
Aye I thought that, San Junipero and the VR episodes were the best. But San Junipero was so gooooooood. Should be a film.

Looking forward to the next 6.

User avatar
Rover the Top
Experienced manager
Posts: 26758
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: TV shows that are ace

Post by Rover the Top » Fri Dec 16, 2016 10:59 am

Rover the Top wrote:
mrblackbat wrote:
Rover the Top wrote:
mrblackbat wrote:http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-37980721

Judge orders Brendan Dassey's immediate release.
And it's been blocked.
The judge now insists he has to be out by Friday.

http://www.kare11.com/news/crime/dassey ... /354622441
Nope, that report is behind the times...
"Attorney General Brad Schimel will file an emergency motion today in the U.S. Court of Appeals for the Seventh Circuit seeking a stay of this release order and requesting relief by Friday, November 18, 2016," the DOJ said in its Wednesday release.
That was last week, and they were successful.
There's reports saying Dassey will now be released today.

User avatar
Rover the Top
Experienced manager
Posts: 26758
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: TV shows that are ace

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:08 am

Game of Thrones getting really good again... must be getting towards the end of the series...

User avatar
-BARON-23-
Promising manager
Posts: 11069
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:45 am
Location: Blackpool - Home, Luton - University
Contact:

Re: TV shows that are ace

Post by -BARON-23- » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:49 am

Leaked episode :lol:

It's available in HD now too, i must say, it's a brilliant episode

Post Reply