TV shows that are ace

There must be more to life than football?
Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Re: TV shows that are ace

Post by Rover the Top » Mon Feb 22, 2016 11:03 am

mrblackbat wrote: However, even then, it's still perfectly possible that, in the words of creepy Ken Kratz, Steven Avery, raped and brutally murdered Theresa Halbeck. And then did an amazingly brilliant job of cleaning up the dna evidence of the murder event, but stupidly burnt the body in his back yard and parked her car in his big field of cars instead of crushing it in his crusher.

:yeahright:
You also need to factor in that he'd spent 18 years in jail fighting a wrongful conviction and was on the verge of being awarded millions of dollars for it. That's a hell of an incentive not to arbitrarily murder someone... :yeahright:

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Mon Feb 22, 2016 12:31 pm

Oh yeah I keep forgetting that part, the complete lack of any plausible motive.

RoryoftheRovers
Regular international

Post by RoryoftheRovers » Mon Feb 22, 2016 3:25 pm

To rover the top
Yeah its clear to see it was a bias account, however from what I've read since, I'm not sure there's any additional which convinces that maybe he did do it. The voicemails etc, as with most things can be explained.

With regards to the blood sample, I'm not sure how much it matters than the box was tampered with. While I concede it makes you question why the hell would his box be the one re-opened, it just isn't concrete enough to rely upon.

Sadly, I think Avery and Dassey will be released eventually but authorities will only agree to it if there is no backlash in terms of admitting failures or seeking compensation again.

Ultimately, whether they did it or not, its clear the structure and process of law enforcement in some areas of America is f*cked.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Feb 23, 2016 10:06 am

RoryoftheRovers wrote:
To rover the top
Yeah its clear to see it was a bias account, however from what I've read since, I'm not sure there's any additional which convinces that maybe he did do it. The voicemails etc, as with most things can be explained.

With regards to the blood sample, I'm not sure how much it matters than the box was tampered with. While I concede it makes you question why the hell would his box be the one re-opened, it just isn't concrete enough to rely upon.

Sadly, I think Avery and Dassey will be released eventually but authorities will only agree to it if there is no backlash in terms of admitting failures or seeking compensation again.

Ultimately, whether they did it or not, its clear the structure and process of law enforcement in some areas of America is f*cked.
The show sells the idea that the police planted evidence pretty hard, to the point it feels as though it's fact even though they don't prove anything other than coincidence. The question is, without that bias, would we view the idea of the police framing him as reasonable? If not, then the evidence that's there is pretty convincing against Avery.

I'd like to see the BBC news coverage of it all again, as I remember following the story as they were searching the scrap yard. It's that long ago, I can't recall why I found it intriguing.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Tue Feb 23, 2016 11:51 am

Can't wait to watch this! Luckily I'm sure you've all been using spoiler tags so as to not ruin it for everyone else. :D

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Feb 23, 2016 12:20 pm

Gibbon wrote:Can't wait to watch this! Luckily I'm sure you've all been using spoiler tags so as to not ruin it for everyone else. :D
:shrug: But it's not fiction? You can't ask for spoiler tags for real life! :lol:

RoryoftheRovers
Regular international

Post by RoryoftheRovers » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:03 am

Rover the Top wrote:
Gibbon wrote:Can't wait to watch this! Luckily I'm sure you've all been using spoiler tags so as to not ruin it for everyone else. :D
:shrug: But it's not fiction? You can't ask for spoiler tags for real life! :lol:
I noticed people were not using them before so I took it like we'd abandoned spoilers. With all the hype, if you haven't seen it yet, then tough luck!

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Wed Feb 24, 2016 11:34 am

RoryoftheRovers wrote: I noticed people were not using them before so I took it like we'd abandoned spoilers. With all the hype, if you haven't seen it yet, then tough luck!
We've not abandoned spoilers, they should still be applied to works of fiction where leaking details of the plot could spoil the story for people who've yet to see/read it. I'm sure Gibbon's remark was just tongue-in-cheek, but it would be madness to apply that reasoning to factual events too - otherwise we'd have to stop people posting goal updates in match day threads for fear of upsetting someone who was waiting to watch the highlights... :lol: Although, maybe that should be the grounds for appeal: Avery and Dassey should be released from jail because keeping them incarcerated is spoiling the plot for "Making a Murderer" viewers... :yeahright:

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Wed Feb 24, 2016 12:13 pm

:D

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Wed Feb 24, 2016 4:29 pm

Hudson
Regular international

Post by Hudson » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:47 pm

Did anyone see the first episode of Westworld? Seems like it could be an interesting show

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:55 pm

Hudson wrote:Did anyone see the first episode of Westworld? Seems like it could be an interesting show
Yeah. We could have watched the next one straight away.

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Thu Oct 06, 2016 12:59 pm

No, but I saw this the other day :hyper: C4 have gone all out this time on the marketing, if you didn't know what it was, you'd be confused.
http://www.personasynthetics.com/

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:12 pm

Rover the Top wrote:
Hudson wrote:Did anyone see the first episode of Westworld? Seems like it could be an interesting show
Yeah. We could have watched the next one straight away.
It was interesting, but there was definitely some unnecessary gratuity.

Hudson
Regular international

Post by Hudson » Thu Oct 06, 2016 2:53 pm

OMG Humans series 2 :hyper: