An ethical question...

There must be more to life than football?
Rover the Top
Experienced manager

An ethical question...

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Jul 03, 2007 10:55 am

Mother freezes eggs for daughter.

A rather bizarre situation to be in, is it right that the girl could end up being the mother of her own brother or sister? :scratch:

doz_magic_man
Valued squad member

Post by doz_magic_man » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:25 am

Artificial incest, nice. Why don't they just ask a family friend to donate some eggs? :-?

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:28 am

What people are missing here is that GOD has decided this girl is not FIT to be a mother, and so has given her a disease to prevent this! Those heathen doctors are fiddling with God's will once again, damn them! Damn them all to HELL!

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Re:

Post by mrblackbat » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:29 am

doz_magic_man wrote:Artificial incest, nice. Why don't they just ask a family friend to donate some eggs? :-?
Cause that'd be even weirder? There's actually no incest going on in the above situation. She'd still have to fuck a family member in order to do that. In the current situation, her genetic stock isn't being involved, only her mother's.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:36 am

I don't suppose there's any genetic reason why it's wrong - I'm not enthused by artificial ways of creating life, but I don't believe I can call others for using them.

But how fucked up is the kid's head going to be?

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Re:

Post by mrblackbat » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:41 am

Rover the Top wrote:I don't suppose there's any genetic reason why it's wrong - I'm not enthused by artificial ways of creating life, but I don't believe I can call others for using them.

It won't be if they don't tell it.

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Re:

Post by theadore » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:51 am

mrblackbat wrote:
Rover the Top wrote:I don't suppose there's any genetic reason why it's wrong - I'm not enthused by artificial ways of creating life, but I don't believe I can call others for using them.

they'll find out when the mother decides that shes made a mistake and drags her daughter and the child through the courts for custody... or maybe thats too cynical

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Re:

Post by mrblackbat » Tue Jul 03, 2007 11:56 am

theadore wrote:
mrblackbat wrote:

they'll find out when the mother decides that shes made a mistake and drags her daughter and the child through the courts for custody... or maybe thats too cynical
That'd be a very interesting case, if they were ever to grant the mother custody, they'd also then have to consider the daughter's surrogacy (and of course the father's position) - people get paid a fucking shit load to be a surragate mother.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Jul 03, 2007 12:00 pm

I don't think it's cynical, maybe excessive... I would anticipate that the emotional aspect of it all will be too complex for them to keep it secret forever. Of course, the daughter might decide not to use the eggs.

Hoodwinker
Promising youngster

Post by Hoodwinker » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:09 pm

How many people in Burnley do you reckon read the article and thought \"and what's strange about that FFS?\". ;)

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Re:

Post by mrblackbat » Tue Jul 03, 2007 5:24 pm

Hoodwinker wrote:How many people in Burnley do you reckon read the article and thought "and what's strange about that FFS?". ;)
Come on, get it right. People in Burnley have been writing in complaining that women don't lay eggs....

doz_magic_man
Valued squad member

Re:

Post by doz_magic_man » Tue Jul 03, 2007 9:59 pm

mrblackbat wrote:
doz_magic_man wrote:Artificial incest, nice. Why don't they just ask a family friend to donate some eggs? :-?
Cause that'd be even weirder? There's actually no incest going on in the above situation. She'd still have to fuck a family member in order to do that. In the current situation, her genetic stock isn't being involved, only her mother's.

How would it be weirder? At least then she wouldn't be giving birth to her half-brother/sister. It may not be sexually incestuous but it's pretty sick, I wouldn't like to have my dad's penis sewn on to me if I had been born without one.

Hoodwinker
Promising youngster

Re:

Post by Hoodwinker » Wed Jul 04, 2007 8:46 am

mrblackbat wrote:
Hoodwinker wrote:How many people in Burnley do you reckon read the article and thought "and what's strange about that FFS?". ;)
Come on, get it right. People in Burnley have been writing in complaining that women don't lay eggs....
:oops: Sorry :lol:

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Re:

Post by mrblackbat » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:14 am

doz_magic_man wrote:
mrblackbat wrote:

How would it be weirder? At least then she wouldn't be giving birth to her half-brother/sister. It may not be sexually incestuous but it's pretty sick, I wouldn't like to have my dad's penis sewn on to me if I had been born without one.
Well for a start, there's more of a chance of incest taking place that way - what if the girl became romantically involved with said family friend?

Secondly, the penis comparison is ridiculous; penises are an appendage, the direct comparison would be your father's sperm.

Thirdly, the pretty sick comment applies to your beliefs only. I'm sure there are many things that you do in your life that other people believe are pretty sick; it's just down to perceptions. If the mother gave birth naturally and was then killed and the daughter brought up that child would that be sick? Or if we developed a way of gestating a baby through compelte artificial means and the daughter then brought the child up, would that be sick?

Rover the Moon
Unemployed ex-pro

Re:

Post by Rover the Moon » Fri Jul 06, 2007 11:30 am

burnley people are aghast that it's taking the 'fun' out of it