General Election

There must be more to life than football?
User avatar
mrblackbat
Promising manager
Posts: 13829
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: General Election

Post by mrblackbat » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:23 am

There have been plenty pointing it out too, though. And, ultimately, his later actions, whilst perhaps not atoning for his earlier involvement, are still important in bringing about the peace process.

User avatar
Rover the Top
Experienced manager
Posts: 26599
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: General Election

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:49 am

mrblackbat wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2017 11:23 am
There have been plenty pointing it out too, though. And, ultimately, his later actions, whilst perhaps not atoning for his earlier involvement, are still important in bringing about the peace process.
Indeed, without terrorists stopping being terrorists it would be difficult to end it. But if credit's due, it's to the majority of us who don't go down the terrorism route in the first place. (Not sure why you mention the more balanced attitudes, they don't make up for those that aren't?)

User avatar
mrblackbat
Promising manager
Posts: 13829
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: General Election

Post by mrblackbat » Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:38 pm

Rehabilitation, RTT, rehabilitation. You get chance to put things right in my world.

User avatar
Rover the Top
Experienced manager
Posts: 26599
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: General Election

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:20 pm

mrblackbat wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2017 12:38 pm
Rehabilitation, RTT, rehabilitation. You get chance to put things right in my world.
Uh-huh. I'm not sure McGuinness was so much rehabilitated rather than just changed approach when the violence proved counter-productive. And that's still a good thing. My problem is with those who are white washing the bad side out of their comments, I don't think that achieves anything good.

User avatar
Gibbon
Promising manager
Posts: 17092
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:54 am
Location: Location: Location
Contact:

Re: General Election

Post by Gibbon » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:41 pm

There's plenty waxing lyrical about Chuck Berry too.

User avatar
Ethiaa
Site Admin
Posts: 13032
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:22 am
Location: Preston
Contact:

Re: General Election

Post by Ethiaa » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:44 pm

Gibbon wrote:
Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:41 pm
There's plenty waxing lyrical about Chuck Berry too.
Far right Blairite IRA commander that he was

User avatar
Gibbon
Promising manager
Posts: 17092
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:54 am
Location: Location: Location
Contact:

Re: General Election

Post by Gibbon » Tue Mar 21, 2017 1:54 pm

Well exactly.

Post Reply