General Election

There must be more to life than football?
Gibbon
Promising manager

Re: General Election

Post by Gibbon » Sat Mar 31, 2018 7:26 pm

But you thought:
mrblackbat wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:37 am
...they're all rather obvious Jewish caricatures sat in front of a Zionist pyramid?
...when the majority aren’t. So...

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Sat Mar 31, 2018 9:54 pm

No I think 4 are clearly Jewish caricatures. I've been quite clear on this. ;)

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Sat Mar 31, 2018 10:33 pm

Sigh

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Sun Apr 01, 2018 6:43 am

The thing is: you think he's painted 6 very poor caricatures of those people, demonstrated by the fact that he can't paint and they have a characteristic of a few images you found of said people.

I think they don't look anything like those people, and four look very much like Jewish caricatures. I say that the fact that you think he can't paint adds to my argument: because his skills aren't very good he's fallen back on the stereotypes he wants to portray. That the most prominent Jewish caricature there isn't even meant to be of someone Jewish backs this up. Bundle up some of the rest of the iconography in the mural and the logical conclusion is that the painters prejudices have come through either conciously (I think so) or subcobciously.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Sun Apr 01, 2018 7:05 am

I think he’s just tried to make them look corrupt and greedy. Just because that’s a characteristic common in anti-semitic caricatures doesn’t mean it’s been executed with the same intent.

I was actually surprised how much the reference material I found for each character resembled each character. If anything I’d say Aleister Crowley is the laziest likeness there. Carnegie, as you say is also poor. But the likenesses are strong enough to satisfy me that those men are indeed who the artist, as he claimed, intended to portray.

Anyway, we’re clearly not going to agree, so that’s my final word on it. If you want to continue, just refer to whatever I’ve already written. ;)

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Sun Apr 01, 2018 9:09 am

I'd say Crowley and Carnegie aren't likenesses at all.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:23 am

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43624231

Whoopsie. :doh:

The timing is impeccable.....

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:28 am

mrblackbat wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 7:23 am
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-43624231

Whoopsie. :doh:

The timing is impeccable.....
Like the mural, as an isolated incident it could be put down to poor judgement. But when you put everything together, it seems a rather inflammatory thing to do. And he must know.

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:53 am

This one seems to be reflecting badly on everyone to be honest... I'm not really clear on why he decided to make this particular event... obviously it is a comfortable organisation for him being more aligned to his personal politics, however it is also in his constituency which makes it a convenient event. Regardless it's being seen as a bit of an own goal for obvious reasons... I think right or wrong, the story has got to a point where token gestures aren't enough... He needs to take a lead on community engagement whether it adds fuel to the fire or not.

That all said - the depictions of this group as 'not jewish' and 'extreme' by non-jewish commentators (and some 'centrist' Labour MPs) is fairly deplorable... and for my money says a lot about their motivation.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:24 am

theadore wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:53 am
This one seems to be reflecting badly on everyone to be honest... I'm not really clear on why he decided to make this particular event... obviously it is a comfortable organisation for him being more aligned to his personal politics, however it is also in his constituency which makes it a convenient event. Regardless it's being seen as a bit of an own goal for obvious reasons... I think right or wrong, the story has got to a point where token gestures aren't enough... He needs to take a lead on community engagement whether it adds fuel to the fire or not.

That all said - the depictions of this group as 'not jewish' and 'extreme' by non-jewish commentators (and some 'centrist' Labour MPs) is fairly deplorable... and for my money says a lot about their motivation.
Well I just watch with a metaphorical bag of popcorn. So long as Corbyn keeps serving up easy ammunition for his critics, his critics are going to keep using it. Forget the religious aspect; if you're looking to make peace with a group you've upset, you don't immediately go and get chummy with another group that opposes the one you've upset. He cannot be that stupid that he didn't realise what was going to happen. So what if some are making political hay out of it - Corbyn's making sure himself that the sun keeps on shining.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Tue Apr 03, 2018 4:39 pm

Good thing no-one except tory voters actually pay any attention to these increasingly desperate smears.

Though apparently he had tea with Skeletor.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Tue Apr 03, 2018 9:52 pm

Aside from members of his own party, of course....

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:52 pm

You mean Blairite Angela Smith and John Woodcock, the notorious anti-Corbynite? Pretty much the same thing.

The whole thing is a transparently desperate smear.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Wed Apr 04, 2018 7:29 am

Gibbon wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 10:52 pm
You mean Blairite Angela Smith and John Woodcock, the notorious anti-Corbynite? Pretty much the same thing.

The whole thing is a transparently desperate smear.
So they vote Tory do they? Perhaps this is the real problem to why Labour didn't win the last election! :idea:

But to discuss whether it's a smear or not, let's look at Jewdas themselves:

https://m.facebook.com/oiveyitsjewdas/p ... 65/?type=3

In the past they've organised events such as "The Protocols of the Elders of Hackney" clearly referencing the Protocols of the Elders of Zion which is one of this Zionistic conspiracy theories you don't hold much stock in... They've also had holidays advertised with tag libes such as "a trip for anyone who's sick of Israel's stranglehold on Jewish culture and wants to get away on a raucous holiday".

So, whilst they seem like a fun bunch, mostly takibg the piss, I'm not really sure it's wise to go hanging out with a bunch of Jews that don't really want to be Jewish whilst trying to quell an anti semitism vibe. The poor judgement racks up!

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Wed Apr 04, 2018 8:01 am

I’m not sure why you think deviating from tradition or having a sense of humour amounts to not wanting to be Jewish. :shrug: