Thegreatglobalwarmingswindle

There must be more to life than football?
Gibbon
Promising manager

Re: Thegreatglobalwarmingswindle

Post by Gibbon » Thu Mar 12, 2009 7:44 pm

Heh heh! :hyper:
Northern Ireland's environment minister announced Monday he has banned the local broadcast of British government ads on climate change and denounced their energy-saving message as "insidious propaganda."

Sammy Wilson has repeatedly raised eyebrows since winning the environment post in Northern Ireland's power-sharing government last year.

The hard-line Protestant, a leading light in the Democratic Unionist Party, argues that global weather patterns are naturally cooling, not warming — and humanity should invest in coping with God-driven climate change, not trying to slow down a man-made problem.
Wilson said the Act on CO2 ads were "giving people the impression that by turning off the standby light on their TV, they could save the world from melting glaciers and being submerged in 40 feet of water."

He said the ads, which have been running on British television stations including in Northern Ireland over the past year, represented "an insidious propaganda campaign" peddling "patent nonsense."

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Fri Mar 13, 2009 11:55 am

"Almost the only misrepresentation that the minister did not utter was the suggestion that one week's snow proves there is no global warming," Ford said.
:-? If everything Wilson said was misrepresentation, why not prove that instead of making some joke about him not saying something stupid? :D

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Thu Oct 15, 2009 9:04 am

This headline may come as a bit of a surprise...

A good way to start the article, particularly since it's on the BBC website. To go back to a post Moon made over two years ago, at the start of this thread:
Rover the Moon wrote:The bit the got me was the part that affirmed what I have been saying to people I know for months

\".....the coverage of ‘global warming’, on TV, radio and in the press, has been so one-sided and uncritical. In Britain, hours and hours of programmes have been broadcast by the BBC on the subject, much of it scientifically absurd.\"
Of course, it would be too absurd to insist there is still no debate to be had after an unanticipated 11 years without global warming.

doz_magic_man
Valued squad member

Post by doz_magic_man » Tue Oct 27, 2009 1:57 pm

Lord Stern trying his best to fuel cynicism amongst the great global warming swindleites:

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/e ... 891362.ece

:roll:

If I had to convert to vegetarianism, I would probably die.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:25 pm

But the methane argument also points that "climate change" is not purely the product of humans.

SheepShagginRover
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by SheepShagginRover » Thu Oct 29, 2009 1:27 pm

You could flip it on its head, by eating cows we are stopping them producing methane :)

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Fri Nov 13, 2009 8:28 am

I saw an ad last night suggesting that everyone should drive 5 miles less per week. The only guaranteed mileage I do per week is to work. So do they expect me to move 1/2 a mile closer to my workplace, or get a job 1/2 a mile closer to my home? Or maybe I'm supposed to abandon my car 1/2 a mile from my work's car park and walk the rest? I suppose I could give up my social life and cut down mileage that way, but I don't see the point in preserving human life if we're not going to let people enjoy it. Every journey has a purpose, and I'd assume the majority of people only drive cars because they've got to get somewhere. They can't bring that somewhere 5 miles closer.

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Fri Nov 13, 2009 9:56 am

you would think.... although jamie oliver would like it too since we're all clearly obese people waiting to happen.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Fri Nov 13, 2009 10:07 am

Aye well, I'm sick of jealous women telling me how it's not fair that I don't put weight on.

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:08 pm

Explaining its decision, the Met Office released a statement which said: "By their nature, forecasts become less accurate the further out we look.
What does that say about predictions for 2050 then? :twisted:

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Fri Mar 05, 2010 12:33 pm

You'd best be careful, you're starting to sound a little cynical.

Predictions are just predictions. The problem is too many people think they should always be accurate, and treat them as such.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:10 am

Pretty sure that's the wrong link. Or maybe I just got pRick rolled? :scratch:

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Wed Mar 17, 2010 10:14 am

Damn it. I've started checking that I've copied the right link having made that kind of mistake way too many times before. Obviously I can still get caught out when linking to different articles on the same site, though. :numpty;

Anyway, I've fixed it now...