The Computer Games Thread

There must be more to life than football?
Gouldy
Valued squad member

Post by Gouldy » Fri Dec 28, 2007 6:07 pm

Got a Wii for Christmas, been trying to find an extra remote and Mario Galaxy but they seem to be impossible to find at the moment.

Got Assassins Creed for 95p yesterday for my 360 :-D. Pretty cool game, bits of it are slightly irrrataing. The gentic memory thing is way OTT, would have been better if it was just a simple storyline, where he was an assasin in the 13th century or whenever it is.

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Sat Dec 29, 2007 2:11 pm

If you're going to be spending a decent amount of time on the wii, it might be worth getting rechargable batteries or a rechargable battery pack. I found some good usb rechargable battery packs on ebay for a fiver, and they've been great.

Gouldy
Valued squad member

Re:

Post by Gouldy » Sat Dec 29, 2007 3:17 pm

Dan wrote:If you're going to be spending a decent amount of time on the wii, it might be worth getting rechargable batteries or a rechargable battery pack. I found some good usb rechargable battery packs on ebay for a fiver, and they've been great.
Got one with the package. Yeh they are very handy, ive got the play and charge unit for my 360 as well and that saves a fortune on batteries

Phil
Valued squad member

Re:

Post by Phil » Sun Dec 30, 2007 2:55 am

Gouldy wrote:Got a Wii for Christmas, been trying to find an extra remote and Mario Galaxy but they seem to be impossible to find at the moment.

Got Assassins Creed for 95p yesterday for my 360 :-D. Pretty cool game, bits of it are slightly irrrataing. The gentic memory thing is way OTT, would have been better if it was just a simple storyline, where he was an assasin in the 13th century or whenever it is.
12th ;) I haven't got into it yet, but it is impressive. Shame about the few bugs on it though that I've heard about :|

Gouldy
Valued squad member

Post by Gouldy » Sun Dec 30, 2007 5:09 pm

Yeh, its irratating when you want to jump from one building to another and its a fraction too far, yet he doesnt reach for a fuckin ledge then you fall to your death. The fight scenes are good, if a little irratating at times

Hardcore
New signing

WoW

Post by Hardcore » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:10 pm

Anybody else play world of warcraft???

brfcw
New signing

Post by brfcw » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:33 pm

I do, well my subscrpition has run out at the minute will replay sometime soon! Dentarg FTW! Horde warrior, also twinking a rogue :D

Gouldy
Valued squad member

Re: WoW

Post by Gouldy » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:40 pm

Hardcore wrote:Anybody else play world of warcraft???
Shatner and Mr T do :scratch:

Hardcore
New signing

Post by Hardcore » Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:50 pm

iv just started my character a few weeks ago, hes called Dorkstar, only a level 30 night elf hunter atm... in arathi highlands leveling up, but its a fucker, cos i keep dying from getting agro on me...

im a bi of a twink, cos my m8 who has 2 lvl 60+ sends me a lot of gold... he sent me 100G the other day :D

who ever plays it can add me... its dorkstar

brfcw
New signing

Post by brfcw » Tue Jan 01, 2008 11:39 pm

a bit of a twink? with 100g you could be mistaken for a level 40-45 if you bought the right gear! Why you keep aggroing wiht a hunter anyways? Just kite them with your pet! Best one is one thats got I think its growl, then they keep aggro! Dont forget to use your traps and wing clips!

I have a level 43 warrior, a level 36 hunter, level 18 rogue, level 14 mage :D The latter 2 being twinks! Bought my mount with my hunter its so much fun!

You didnt say which server your on!

Hardcore
New signing

Post by Hardcore » Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:31 pm

Aye, its when i went into the bit of Arathi Highlands were there are level 35's there, i was only a lvl 28/29 at the time...

and i dont use wing clip that often, i jest let my pet attack (when theres not too many enemies around) and then i put my hunters mark on and use my bow... but i need a better bow, as i dont think it is doing what is needed for my lvl, but wen i go auction house there is no decent bows... ill just have to be patient.

brfcw
New signing

Post by brfcw » Wed Jan 02, 2008 3:39 pm

You want to go battlegrounds and save up loads of PvP points! You can buy all sorts of cool stuff from battlegrounds! Still no mention of which server your on, but I'll go with Terenas!

You could do wiht getting a better belt/gloves/and helmet though! The bow is also not so good!

Willy
Ageing international

Post by Willy » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:11 pm

Not that I have much experience on the subject but are \"twinks\" not young, gay boys? :-? :scratch:

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Re:

Post by Dan » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:11 pm

Willy wrote:Not that I have much experience on the subject but are "twinks" not young, gay boys? :-? :scratch:
I'm glad i wasn't the only one thinking that . . .

Not that i'd know either :-?

Only one way to find out for sure: Google Images.

I'll leave that to you though ;)

brfcw
New signing

Post by brfcw » Wed Jan 02, 2008 5:53 pm

A twink is a character that has unusually good iteams and armor for its level, making it fight like a character a good 10 levels higher! They are absolute bastards because you dont have a chance at killing them unless you dedicate your life to the game to make your own twink!

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... Cocakiller This is my main character :P

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... =Nutripain One of my alts, my hunter

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sheet ... =M%C3%A1rc and my rogue half twink!