The Computer Games Thread

There must be more to life than football?
Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Re: The Computer Games Thread

Post by Rover the Top » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:57 pm

Dan wrote:While we're talking about FM... just out of interest, does anyone else play with no sub goalkeeper on the bench?
Sometimes. It depends on the level of competition and how many subs in total you have. For a CL side, I'd always want a decent back up just in case, 6 outfield options is enough to cover the rest of the side. But some of the lower level competitions only allow 3-5 subs, so it can feel worth the gamble.

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:21 pm

It's caught me out a couple of times. I've got 2 very good goalkeepers in the squad. One plays every game, the other spends his life out on loan (with an instant recall clause just in case). One league game my 'keeper was injured inside around 20 minutes, I lost about 6-0. The other, I was around 3-0 up at half time and my keeper saw red a few minutes later. Apart from the resulting penalty, I didn't concede again (opposition were awful).

My 'keeper also takes penalties. He's had a couple saved, but so far no-one's thought to run up the other end and score :D

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Mon Jan 25, 2016 5:14 pm

Dan wrote: My 'keeper also takes penalties.
Is that for any reason other than comedy value?

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:17 pm

Rover the Top wrote:
Dan wrote: My 'keeper also takes penalties.
Is that for any reason other than comedy value?
No. :D

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Mon Jan 25, 2016 9:32 pm

Dan wrote:It's caught me out a couple of times. I've got 2 very good goalkeepers in the squad. One plays every game, the other spends his life out on loan (with an instant recall clause just in case). One league game my 'keeper was injured inside around 20 minutes, I lost about 6-0. The other, I was around 3-0 up at half time and my keeper saw red a few minutes later. Apart from the resulting penalty, I didn't concede again (opposition were awful).

My 'keeper also takes penalties. He's had a couple saved, but so far no-one's thought to run up the other end and score :D
My current keeper just got himself sent off about 11 minutes into the match I started just after I wrote that last post. The bugger.

Somehow I just about won the match 2-1. :?

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:11 pm

If you ever find yourself in the exact situation I was in when I got hammered 6-0 then take note: 35 year old Robert Lewandowski does NOT make a good emergency goalkeeper.

-BARON-23-
Promising manager

Post by -BARON-23- » Mon Jan 25, 2016 10:27 pm

West Ham are a good team to start with. You've got Europa League and a quite attacking team to play with! Just won 14-2 over two Europa legs

RoryoftheRovers
Regular international

Post by RoryoftheRovers » Tue Jan 26, 2016 4:16 pm

NEVER!

Although I must have only had a handful of instances where I needed one in years!!

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:34 pm

-BARON-23- wrote:Getting annoyed with my Blackburn one now. Sitting around 11th in the league with the inability to defend! Squad is far too small for my liking too meaning Conway and Marshall have to play every game regardless of how poor they play. Started used Delfouneso as a make shift winger too.
There's some epic wingers in the youth team.

-BARON-23-
Promising manager

Post by -BARON-23- » Wed Jan 27, 2016 5:53 pm

I'll have a look! I've been using Nyambe at right back when i can :)

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Thu Jan 28, 2016 9:27 am

I've just taken over at Rovers on FM 2015 after 10 seasons at Chorley. Left them just before the Champions League and FA cup Finals to save Rovers from relegation with 3 games left. The only real Rover left in the squad is Adam Henley after I released Jason Lowe :?

tomthebodz
Regular international

Post by tomthebodz » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:45 pm

Haven't played FM in a while, just moved to a new flat and haven't really had much time. Also been waiting for the update to come out.

Will start a new Rovers file when it does.

MLSM
New signing

Post by MLSM » Thu Jun 02, 2016 10:44 am

I spotted in your 'next manager' thread that Tim Sherwood is the fans preferred choice to take the reigns - so thought you might be interested in my Youtube series where I take control of Rovers as none other than Tactics Tim himself, with generally very positive results.

Bit of a long shot that any of you would be interested in what is quite a niche style of video (listening to someone play a game that not many people play) but thought I would take a chance so that some of you could live the fantasy of Tim taking over and doing at least moderately well.

This is the trailer for the first 4 episodes, but we are up to 25 episodes in total and, without giving too much away, currently flirting with promotion which is surely reason enough to watch...

Savory
Promising manager

Post by Savory » Mon Jun 06, 2016 10:12 am

fair play :lol:

Hudson
Regular international

Post by Hudson » Fri Aug 12, 2016 12:49 pm

No Man's Sky is out today :hyper: