The Computer Games Thread

There must be more to life than football?
User avatar
mrblackbat
Promising manager
Posts: 13935
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: The Computer Games Thread

Post by mrblackbat » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:14 pm

-BARON-23- wrote:
mrblackbat wrote:Well I took Rovers up through the playoffs, despite being expected to fight against relegation; winning on penalties against Burnley hehe. Then, Randy Lerner bought the club and was going to fire me to replace with Tim Sherwood; apparently fan response persuaded him to keep me on....
No way! I've seen other clubs get taken over but never actually had it to a club i've been in charge of. Sounds quite interesting!
Haven't had much chance to play again since, so still in preseason following my marquee signing of Charlie Austin. Expecting it to be quite a struggle in the PL if I'm honest!

The other thing I'm doing is playing it "properly", so I don't know if there is a genie scout app or anything, but I'm only going off my own searches and scouting in game. Making it a more enjoyable experience actually, unlike 2010 where it really was just playing a spreadsheet....

User avatar
Rover the Top
Experienced manager
Posts: 26635
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: The Computer Games Thread

Post by Rover the Top » Fri Jan 15, 2016 1:31 pm

mrblackbat wrote:
Rover the Top wrote:I was surprised to reach the end of the main story in Fallout 4 last night. I guess I now need to go exploring to find more side quests, but it feels a bit short.
At least it doesn't just end, then, like in Fallout 3!
There is that. It would have been particularly annoying to suddenly just stop without realising I'd reached that point.

User avatar
Gibbon
Promising manager
Posts: 17155
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:54 am
Location: Location: Location
Contact:

Re: The Computer Games Thread

Post by Gibbon » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:21 pm

mrblackbat wrote:
The other thing I'm doing is playing it "properly", so I don't know if there is a genie scout app or anything, but I'm only going off my own searches and scouting in game. Making it a more enjoyable experience actually, unlike 2010 where it really was just playing a spreadsheet....
It's the only way to play. For even more fun - turn on randomly generated players/names to prevent getting to know good signings in future play throughs. :)

User avatar
Ethiaa
Site Admin
Posts: 13071
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 8:22 am
Location: Preston
Contact:

Re: The Computer Games Thread

Post by Ethiaa » Fri Jan 15, 2016 7:40 pm

And let Ron Lancet-Smyth slip through the net? Madness!

User avatar
-BARON-23-
Promising manager
Posts: 11057
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:45 am
Location: Blackpool - Home, Luton - University
Contact:

Re: The Computer Games Thread

Post by -BARON-23- » Sat Jan 16, 2016 12:11 am

mrblackbat wrote:
-BARON-23- wrote:
mrblackbat wrote:Well I took Rovers up through the playoffs, despite being expected to fight against relegation; winning on penalties against Burnley hehe. Then, Randy Lerner bought the club and was going to fire me to replace with Tim Sherwood; apparently fan response persuaded him to keep me on....
No way! I've seen other clubs get taken over but never actually had it to a club i've been in charge of. Sounds quite interesting!
Haven't had much chance to play again since, so still in preseason following my marquee signing of Charlie Austin. Expecting it to be quite a struggle in the PL if I'm honest!

The other thing I'm doing is playing it "properly", so I don't know if there is a genie scout app or anything, but I'm only going off my own searches and scouting in game. Making it a more enjoyable experience actually, unlike 2010 where it really was just playing a spreadsheet....
Yeah i've not been using anything online for pointers either. Some of the transfer budgets are a nightmare though, especially with the new TV revenue and amounts clubs can spend yet half the PL teams have 0 budget!

User avatar
mrblackbat
Promising manager
Posts: 13935
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: The Computer Games Thread

Post by mrblackbat » Sat Jan 16, 2016 8:10 am

Pish, you wanna play with FFP.

User avatar
-BARON-23-
Promising manager
Posts: 11057
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:45 am
Location: Blackpool - Home, Luton - University
Contact:

Re: The Computer Games Thread

Post by -BARON-23- » Tue Jan 19, 2016 11:57 am

I am doing! It's annoying me i can't even make a loan signing at Blackburn under the embargo :(

User avatar
RoryoftheRovers
Regular international
Posts: 1062
Joined: Sun Dec 16, 2007 9:36 pm
Contact:

Re: The Computer Games Thread

Post by RoryoftheRovers » Mon Jan 25, 2016 11:47 am

I can't get into the mobile versions of FM - it lacks detail and always makes me think its more "random".

I'm resisting the new FM for Mac though because i've got a Milan save running from FM15 - I'm rekindling my childhood of Milan being the European super power - I have only had time for one save!

User avatar
Dan
Unemployed ex-pro
Posts: 6517
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:08 am
Contact:

Re: The Computer Games Thread

Post by Dan » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:13 pm

RoryoftheRovers wrote:I can't get into the mobile versions of FM - it lacks detail and always makes me think its more "random".
I thought the same initially and it did really frustrate me, but now that's why I like it. It's dead easy to just pick up and play for a few minutes without having to get into all the detail. I've got my players, a scout, tactics and a budget. That's about as detailed as it gets. The whole coaching and training side of the game takes care of itself.

User avatar
-BARON-23-
Promising manager
Posts: 11057
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:45 am
Location: Blackpool - Home, Luton - University
Contact:

Re: The Computer Games Thread

Post by -BARON-23- » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:31 pm

Getting annoyed with my Blackburn one now. Sitting around 11th in the league with the inability to defend! Squad is far too small for my liking too meaning Conway and Marshall have to play every game regardless of how poor they play. Started used Delfouneso as a make shift winger too.

User avatar
Rover the Top
Experienced manager
Posts: 26635
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: The Computer Games Thread

Post by Rover the Top » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:38 pm

-BARON-23- wrote:Getting annoyed with my Blackburn one now. Sitting around 11th in the league with the inability to defend! Squad is far too small for my liking too meaning Conway and Marshall have to play every game regardless of how poor they play. Started used Delfouneso as a make shift winger too.
BARON OUT! :D

User avatar
Gibbon
Promising manager
Posts: 17155
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:54 am
Location: Location: Location
Contact:

Re: The Computer Games Thread

Post by Gibbon » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:21 pm

Dan wrote:
RoryoftheRovers wrote:I can't get into the mobile versions of FM - it lacks detail and always makes me think its more "random".
I thought the same initially and it did really frustrate me, but now that's why I like it. It's dead easy to just pick up and play for a few minutes without having to get into all the detail. I've got my players, a scout, tactics and a budget. That's about as detailed as it gets. The whole coaching and training side of the game takes care of itself.
Yarp.

User avatar
-BARON-23-
Promising manager
Posts: 11057
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:45 am
Location: Blackpool - Home, Luton - University
Contact:

Re: The Computer Games Thread

Post by -BARON-23- » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:13 pm

Rover the Top wrote:
-BARON-23- wrote:Getting annoyed with my Blackburn one now. Sitting around 11th in the league with the inability to defend! Squad is far too small for my liking too meaning Conway and Marshall have to play every game regardless of how poor they play. Started used Delfouneso as a make shift winger too.
BARON OUT! :D
:lol: :lol: :lol: I reckon i could be at this rate. At home against Burnley next, make or break game 5 points off the play-offs.

User avatar
Dan
Unemployed ex-pro
Posts: 6517
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:08 am
Contact:

Re: The Computer Games Thread

Post by Dan » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:42 pm

While we're talking about FM... just out of interest, does anyone else play with no sub goalkeeper on the bench?

User avatar
Gibbon
Promising manager
Posts: 17155
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:54 am
Location: Location: Location
Contact:

Re: The Computer Games Thread

Post by Gibbon » Mon Jan 25, 2016 3:52 pm

Dan wrote:While we're talking about FM... just out of interest, does anyone else play with no sub goalkeeper on the bench?
Absolutely. Waste of a spot. :D

Post Reply