seeing as there ain't one...

There must be more to life than football?

Brexit

Poll ended at Thu Jun 23, 2016 7:23 pm

Remain
50%
Leave
50%

Total votes: 6

Savory
Promising manager

Re: seeing as there ain't one...

Post by Savory » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:41 pm

i wont be giving up my seat on the metrolink for pensioners anymore that for sure.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Mon Jun 27, 2016 2:46 pm

Savory wrote:i wont be giving up my seat on the metrolink for pensioners anymore that for sure.
:lol:

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:46 pm

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Mon Jun 27, 2016 3:56 pm

Rover the Top wrote:Image
That'd make be a decent parallel if the petition was created by one of William's lot, as it turns out the second referendum petition was created by a Leave campaigner who expected it to be used in the event that the result was too close to be (what HE deemed to be) conclusive - apparently it's bad form for the remain camp to use it for that self same purpose.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:06 pm

Gibbon wrote: That'd make be a decent parallel if the petition was created by one of William's lot, as it turns out the second referendum petition was created by a Leave campaigner who expected to have to challenge a narrow remain win - apparently it's bad form for the remain camp to use it for that self same purpose.
It was set up before the referendum, called for a second vote if it was a close result either way, and only got 22 votes. The bad form is over 3 million people suddenly deciding it's a good idea when they know the result hasn't gone the way they want it. It's neither here nor there whether they set up a fresh petition or jumped on one that already existed. :lol:

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Mon Jun 27, 2016 4:41 pm

Rover the Top wrote:
Gibbon wrote: That'd make be a decent parallel if the petition was created by one of William's lot, as it turns out the second referendum petition was created by a Leave campaigner who expected to have to challenge a narrow remain win - apparently it's bad form for the remain camp to use it for that self same purpose.
It was set up before the referendum, called for a second vote if it was a close result either way, and only got 22 votes. The bad form is over 3 million people suddenly deciding it's a good idea when they know the result hasn't gone the way they want it. It's neither here nor there whether they set up a fresh petition or jumped on one that already existed. :lol:
:D

Though I'm not sure how we know that the people who signed are all Remainers.

Incidentally, does anyone know where the voter age statistics that everyone seems to be waving around have come from? Is it based on an exit poll?

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:54 pm

The one I've seen was a Lord Ashcroft exit poll of around 13,000 people

Nick Clegg is blessed with foresight by the way... https://inews.co.uk/opinion/comment/wil ... ote-leave/

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Mon Jun 27, 2016 5:54 pm

Based on a ukgov poll of about 12000 people a couple of days before the vote. Even better is the one that shows the more educated you were, the more likely you'd vote remain.

Basically, that poll says "clever young people want to stay, stupid old peolle want to go."

I remain massively dubious of polls prior to a real vote.

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:00 pm

Hmm, maybe it was a YouGov one. Perhaps it was the one showing that people who said feminism is a force for evil all voted leave that was Lord Ashcroft.

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:25 pm

There wasn't an official exit pool for the referendum... the yougov and others were just normal polls on ejection day

(That was a typo but since it fits I'll leave it)

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:28 pm

Ethiaa wrote:Found a lovely cottage in Brittany personally.
Out of interest would you know a good bit to visit for a week (or possibly slightly less). Never been to France on holiday but looking for a relaxed break by some nice coast in September and don't really know where to start looking... turns out France is really big.

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Mon Jun 27, 2016 6:32 pm

theadore wrote:
Out of interest would you know a good bit to visit for a week (or possibly slightly less). Never been to France on holiday but looking for a relaxed break by some nice coast in September and don't really know where to start looking... turns out France is really big.
In Brittany? Dinan. Beautiful town and easy reach to great things like Mont saint Michel.
Elsewhere in France? Périgueux or somewhere else along the Dordogne.

wrinks_89
Valued squad member

Post by wrinks_89 » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:01 pm

Savory wrote:i wont be giving up my seat on the metrolink for pensioners anymore that for sure.
Quite fitting what with the old codgers wanting to take a stand.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Mon Jun 27, 2016 7:28 pm

Ethiaa wrote:
theadore wrote:
In Brittany? Dinan. Beautiful town and easy reach to great things like Mont saint Michel.
Elsewhere in France? Périgueux or somewhere else along the Dordogne.
Annecy is really beautiful too, as are places like Morzine even outside the skiing season.

Also, aside from Calais itself, Pas De Calais is really really nice.

+1 for the Dordogne as well, the Loire from Blois to Saumur and Tours is also very nice. Hit me up if you want some good vineyard recommendations too. ;)
Last edited by mrblackbat on Tue Jun 28, 2016 7:20 am, edited 1 time in total.

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Mon Jun 27, 2016 8:00 pm

Ta muchly both... should I get round to booking something lets hope my life savings will still muster a glass of wine or two.