Dallas Cowboys thread of dominance.

There must be more to life than football?
WacoRover
Experienced international star
Location: another dimension, not only of sight & sound, but mind

Re: Dallas Cowboys thread of dominance.

Post by WacoRover » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:51 am

Ethiaa wrote:I've always been a Saints fan. No idea how that happened :cry:
Cool, Ethiaa. Although I am a diehard Cowboys fan, the Saints are my second favorite team. The Saints really captured my imagination back in the days of "thunder and lightning " (Chuck Muncie and Tony Galbreath). I still think Archie Manning is one of the greatest quarterbacks ever to play in the NFL, albeit on some really crappy Saints teams.

WacoRover

Post by WacoRover » Fri Dec 23, 2016 2:52 am

Eagles are tryin to help out the Cowboys tonight.

WacoRover

Post by WacoRover » Fri Dec 23, 2016 4:35 am

YES! Dallas Cowboys, NFC East champs!

WacoRover

Post by WacoRover » Mon Jan 02, 2017 3:00 pm

Predictable result vs Eagles. however I would not have played Sanchez any; if Prescott gets hurt in the playoffs, then Romo replaces him, definitely not Sanchez.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:01 pm

Mark Sanchez. :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jim

Post by Jim » Mon Jan 02, 2017 7:54 pm

Mark Sanchez aka Butt fumble guy :lol: :lol: :lol:

Looking good for a Patriots super bowl appearance. Kansas City look dangerous but they have the much tougher divisional game than us against the Steelers (more than likely) though that game will be a high scoring shootout. I think the way we are playing at the moment, nobody is going to beat us, especially in the cold at Foxboro.

I just hope that somebody beats the Giants. Hate that team and their coach looks like some kind of creepy paedo. Can't see them getting past Seattle, Atlanta or Dallas to be honest.

Still keeping fingers crossed for a Patriots vs Dallas super bowl, that would be a great matchup!

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Mon Jan 02, 2017 8:36 pm

Packers/giants... Not good memories there.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Mon Jan 02, 2017 9:37 pm

I want the Patriots to get smashed by Oakland. Bellicheck to retire, Brady to retire and hopefully the end of dullsville.

Packers look odds on for the superbowl for me, Aaron Rodgers really hitting form at the right time.

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Mon Jan 02, 2017 10:24 pm

I'd like to think so... But I think there is too many holes in the team... If Nelson and Adams both have a poor game I think even Rodgers playing like he is at the moment will struggle.

Agree on patriots... Don't hate them in the same way as most, but if Brady wins any more Superbowls the "greatest of all time" arguments will start again and he isn't quite in that league.

Jim

Post by Jim » Tue Jan 03, 2017 5:55 am

The "Greatest of all time" arguments are there for a reason, he's certainly the best QB of his era. Whether you can compare him to Montana I don't know because the rules have changed so much to protect QB's/WR's since Montana's days, ironically to help the career of Peyton Manning but I won't get into that, although Montana had no salary cap to restrict him so maybe it balances out.

Statistically he's set another benchmark this season with the best TD to Int ratio ever and should be the league MVP with his numbers (despite missing all of September). The only knock on him is the deep ball but with the right weapons (meaning Moss) he's proven he can put up record numbers. He doesn't need the deep ball to be successful though.

Fact is, Manning, had a supporting cast that was hall of fame quality wherever he was through his entire career. Take away his weapons and what happened? Andrew Luck happened with the #1 pick. Brady made the championship game and took the Colts to the wire in 2006 with no name receivers and even now arguably has only Gronk as a HOF quality receiver. I think the mark of the GOAT is the ability to be consistent and who else has been as consistent throughout his era?

I can put forward more arguments and dig out some stats but its 6am and I've only just woken up. I'd like to hear your arguments against why he isn't the GOAT Theo.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Tue Jan 03, 2017 7:00 am

Nah you're wrong Jim; Aaron Rodgers dicks all over him. As did Favre.

As for MVP this year, Derek Carr's had a better season, and it's a massive shame he's broken his leg. Dak Prescott for Dallas also has been way more impressive. Matt Ryan's has an amazing season, comparable to Brady's best ever season in 2007 and with a higher completion percentage.

Like I said; Patriots fans = Man Utd fans; blinkered. :shrug: ;) :P

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Tue Jan 03, 2017 4:55 pm

Jim - I was probably being unkind saying he isn't in the league... it's impossible to come up with a top 10 without him. It's pretty easy to build a case on numbers for him - but it would be a bit like including Ryan Giggs as the greatest footballer of all time by adding up his trophies and accolades.

He's a remarkably consistent player who has played in some great teams... but he doesn't have the all round game of someone like Rodgers, and he doesn't have the extra-ordinary abilities of a Montana. As you said the game has become much more passer friendly in his time, yet people are only just coming to terms with the sort of numbers that Marino and Favre posted in their era's.

Personally I would have Montana (out front), Elway and Young ahead... Rodgers possibly if he wins some more before he retires. Manning and Brady I find little to choose between them... Favre, Brees, Aikman and Marino being slightly behind. Obviously this is ignoring players who I never saw play.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Wed Jan 04, 2017 11:47 am

I'm forgetting Brees as well, which is ridiculous. I mean, for a pretty shit New Orleans team, he's again put up record breaking numbers.

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:39 am

Wildcard round went largely as expected I guess.... but some very tasty semi's in the making.

Patriots should be too much for the Texans, and Steelers looked very dangerous so would expect them to overwhelm the Chiefs. Falcons/Seahawks and Cowboys/Packers should be cracking games. I was expecting the Packers to finally come unstuck again, and expect them to again.... but they have a chance if they play against Dallas like they did second half against the Giants. Falcons are probably underdogs on paper, but Matt Ryan/Julio Jones can surely score against anyone at the moment.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Tue Jan 10, 2017 9:27 am

mrblackbat wrote:I want the Patriots to get smashed by Oakland.
So much for that. :(