Dallas Cowboys thread of dominance.

There must be more to life than football?
Jim
Experienced international star

Re: Dallas Cowboys thread of dominance.

Post by Jim » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:10 am

Just incredible, no chance of sleeping right now. Surely that performance puts to bed the debate about Brady not being the greatest of all time? 5 rings, 4th Super Bowl MVP award, and records for both passes completed and yards in a Super Bowl. That 4th quarter comeback was just something else, it was almost otherworldly.

Not saying Rodgers won't be more successful in future but for now at least, Brady is the GOAT.

Biggest question now is whether he'll retire on a high or come back for more next season.

Just amazing. What a rollercoaster of emotions that game was, I just couldn't believe we came back from 25 points down to tie and then win in overtime, hitting TWO 2pt conversions in the process. The probability of that happening is so minute I just cannot believe it happened! Oh my god am I dreaming!?!?

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Mon Feb 06, 2017 4:44 am

Is he an ACTUAL goat?

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Mon Feb 06, 2017 8:27 am

Goats are about the only thing that'd keep me up till 4am. Bleaty bastards.

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:01 am

Jim wrote:Just incredible, no chance of sleeping right now. Surely that performance puts to bed the debate about Brady not being the greatest of all time? 5 rings, 4th Super Bowl MVP award, and records for both passes completed and yards in a Super Bowl. That 4th quarter comeback was just something else, it was almost otherworldly.

Not saying Rodgers won't be more successful in future but for now at least, Brady is the GOAT.

Biggest question now is whether he'll retire on a high or come back for more next season.

Just amazing. What a rollercoaster of emotions that game was, I just couldn't believe we came back from 25 points down to tie and then win in overtime, hitting TWO 2pt conversions in the process. The probability of that happening is so minute I just cannot believe it happened! Oh my god am I dreaming!?!?

In those terms its hard to argue... but then would you say Ryan Giggs (assuming he is actually the most decorated) was the best ever premiership player? Certainly possibly to make a case, but I'd find it hard to pick him over say Bergkamp or Ronaldo. Not a perfect analogy obviously as its harder to compare not strictly like for like players. One thing that isn't in question is his rising to the big occasion.

Oddly I think he'll never really be considered the greatest of all time, simply because of how close to his peers (mostly Manning I guess) he was. The same as Federer/Nadal/Djokovic in tennis, or Ronaldo/Messi in football. Their achievements are always held in contrast to the players around them, and where there isn't daylight between them and the field there will always be debate. Few people ever really get to that level, Gretzky, Bolt/Paavo Nurmi, Serena Williams, Eddy Mercxx.... to name a few... but not many.

Glad that you watched it through... as a fan games like that really only come up a couple of times in your lifetime.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Mon Feb 06, 2017 9:29 am

Friedel was clearly the best premiership player ever.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Mon Feb 06, 2017 11:23 pm

theadore wrote:Got to feel for Atlanta. As great as that last quarter performance was they really threw it away... Even at 28-20, they really had a field goal in them which probably would have won it.
Three really key plays for me; Coleman getting injured before Ryan's fumble: they would have run that play otherwise and if not made the first punted, giving New England a long drive instead of easy field position; Ryan getting sacked after that immense catch from Julio Jones; and not intercepting when Edelman ended up making that grest catch keeping the ball off the ground.

Atlanta were by far amd away the better team, New England only showed up for one quarter and got a lot of lucly breaks during it. Brady had a pretty poor game all told, lots of miscues and overthrown passes.

iamarover
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by iamarover » Tue Feb 07, 2017 11:45 am

Of course the big news is me winning all 4 of my bets on this match!

1: Atlanta to win coin toss
2: Any Qtr to be scoreless
3: Tied first QTR
4 : Correct 1st touchdowner.