Obituaries...

There must be more to life than football?
RoverWithALimp
Regular international

Re: RIP Heath Ledger...

Post by RoverWithALimp » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:01 am

iamarover wrote:I thought 'I am Legend' was ok. Didn't like the shoe-horning in of Bob Marley etc. Went a bit corny a few times.

Saw 'No Country for Old Men' the other day and thought that was good.

Looking forward to seeing Dark Knight, Juno, Valley of Elah, Sweeny Todd, Cloverfield. possibly more if i can remember?
Star Trek on Boxing day... Cant wait! :idea:

iamarover
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by iamarover » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:09 am

RoverWithALimp wrote:Star Trek on Boxing day
They're really scraping the barrel for christmas film franchise tie-ins.

RoverWithALimp
Regular international

Post by RoverWithALimp » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:10 pm

iamarover wrote:
RoverWithALimp wrote:Star Trek on Boxing day
They're really scraping the barrel for christmas film franchise tie-ins.
The movie has been planned for ages, i for one am looking forward to it... :lol:

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Wed Jan 30, 2008 12:34 pm

You are aware it's still January, right?

Soxfn1985
New signing

Post by Soxfn1985 » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:29 pm

Just out of interest, what did you think about it?

I thought it was decent. I do have to agree with Willy though. It does seem like it is Smith playing the role not the person he is supposed to be. I did hear that he did an amazing job in "The Pursuit of Happiness" though. Any by the way, for all those people who haven't seen Juno, go and see it now. It is one of the funniest movies I have seen in a long time. Style of movie is a bit different but it is the same guy who directed "Thank you for Smoking". That one was a bit different also, good, but different.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:36 pm

Soxfn1985 wrote:Just out of interest, what did you think about it?

I thought it was decent. I do have to agree with Willy though. It does seem like it is Smith playing the role not the person he is supposed to be. I did hear that he did an amazing job in "The Pursuit of Happiness" though. Any by the way, for all those people who haven't seen Juno, go and see it now. It is one of the funniest movies I have seen in a long time. Style of movie is a bit different but it is the same guy who directed "Thank you for Smoking". That one was a bit different also, good, but different.
Juno's not out here yet. I'm off to see a preview on Monday though. :D

Have to say, having read I am Legend years ago, I avoided this Will Smith film like the plague. ( ;) )
From all the pre release interviews I'd read and later, the reviews, it seems that yet again the hollywood machine has taken HUGE liberties with source material that a lot of people, myself included, were rather fond of. :(

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

RIP Jeremy Beadle

Post by Dan » Wed Jan 30, 2008 9:48 pm

Willy
Ageing international

Post by Willy » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:05 am

Dan wrote:
Willy wrote:My next "must see" is American Gangster. Been wanting to see that for yonks.
I wouldn't bother. I found it so boring i fell asleep sitting on a bed watching it :D
You're a student, you're always in bed. How can I take your word for it? ;)

Willy
Ageing international

Post by Willy » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:07 am

By the way, R.I.P to Heath Ledger and the thread dedicated to him. :foot:

Soooo...I Am Legend...

;)

RoverWithALimp
Regular international

Post by RoverWithALimp » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:13 am

mrblackbat wrote:You are aware it's still January, right?
... and i have been looking forward to it, since i first heard it was going to be released, March 2007! :lol:
Im a Trekkie... :lol:

In answer to the chap below, Heath Ledger was a legend... Hence the conversation about the movie... Also, he would of been excellent in Star Trek, a conversation is being had about that very subject on IMDB atm...

RoverWithALimp
Regular international

Re: RIP Jeremy Beadle

Post by RoverWithALimp » Thu Jan 31, 2008 2:18 am

He might not have been the best comedian around, but he had the balls to go on tv and on stage with a very visable physical disability. That i had major respect for. He had real problems with cancer and laukemia (sp?) before he got taken into hospital on the 25th, and in a way i was glad to see him go via 'the old mans friend'... The best way to go apparently...

RIP Jeremy

Possibly the most depressing article i have read in my life: http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/ate/cancer/202478.html :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

RoryoftheRovers
Regular international

Post by RoryoftheRovers » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:31 am

I didnt think Neumonia was that serious, i mean i knew it could kill you but i thought it was quite rare modern day (even then those who do are prob. elderly).

Was it a suprise or what?!

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:34 am

RoryoftheRovers wrote:I didnt think Neumonia was that serious, i mean i knew it could kill you but i thought it was quite rare modern day (even then those who do are prob. elderly).

It's much easier to die of pneumonia if you are having treatment for Leukaemia at the time... limited immune response.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:39 am

RoverWithALimp wrote:
He might not have been the best comedian around, but he had the balls to go on tv and on stage with a very visable physical disability. That i had major respect for. He had real problems with cancer and laukemia (sp?) before he got taken into hospital on the 25th, and in a way i was glad to see him go via 'the old mans friend'... The best way to go apparently...

RIP Jeremy

Possibly the most depressing article i have read in my life: http://www.netdoctor.co.uk/ate/cancer/202478.html :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:
Not that depressing. The man made his choice. What's far more depressing is when they fail to diagnose correctly and the victim ends up in the same position.

And then if you want really depressing, you want to read the UN papers on the decisions regarding whether to intervene in Rwanda in '94, and their ultimate decision to pull the UN forces out....

RoryoftheRovers
Regular international

Post by RoryoftheRovers » Thu Jan 31, 2008 11:56 am

ethiaa wrote:
RoryoftheRovers wrote:I didnt think Neumonia was that serious, i mean i knew it could kill you but i thought it was quite rare modern day (even then those who do are prob. elderly).

It's much easier to die of pneumonia if you are having treatment for Leukaemia at the time... limited immune response.

Ahhhhhh! Sad. I did sort of grow up watching him on telly so although you dont realise there is still a connection.