Obituaries...

There must be more to life than football?
Ethiaa
Site Admin

Re: RIP Jeremy Beadle

Post by Ethiaa » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:00 pm

I thought he typified everything that was wrong with ITV and 'popular' television myself.

Edit: (not was wrong, IS wrong)

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:02 pm

Yep. Couldn't stand the man. :|

Willy
Ageing international

Post by Willy » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:06 pm

RoryoftheRovers wrote:
ethiaa wrote:
RoryoftheRovers wrote:I didnt think Neumonia was that serious, i mean i knew it could kill you but i thought it was quite rare modern day (even then those who do are prob. elderly).

Was it a suprise or what?!
It's much easier to die of pneumonia if you are having treatment for Leukaemia at the time... limited immune response.

Ahhhhhh! Sad. I did sort of grow up watching him on telly so although you dont realise there is still a connection.
You get very attached to people Rory. First it was Matt Jansen, now it's Jeremy Beadle....do you have some underlying issues we should know about? ;)

Nah, I was sad to hear about Jezza too. I was just talking to my other half about this sort of thing the other day. When you're a kid you hear your parents say, "oh no, such-and-such-a-person died", and you think, "yeah, so what?"...it's only when you get to a certain age that you realise the people who entertained you as a kid are mostly gonna die in your lifetime. The same thing happens with musicians, actors, any kind of entertainers really. I remember as a young 'un my mother was devastated when Freddy Mercury died.

Willy
Ageing international

Post by Willy » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:08 pm

Okay, now the trauma has died down a bit, it's time for a Jeremy Beadle joke.

Jeremy Beadle has a very small cock...on the other hand, it's really big.

:foot: :roll:

Pat Sharps Mullet
Promising youngster

Post by Pat Sharps Mullet » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:11 pm

I was going to post that joke, but thought it may be a bit too soon. Tomorrow would have been fine though.

Willy
Ageing international

Post by Willy » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:13 pm

Pat Sharps Mullet wrote:I was going to post that joke, but thought it may be a bit too soon. Tomorrow would have been fine though.
Nah, no use waiting until tomorrow. It's just as funny today. :lol:

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Re: RIP Heath Ledger...

Post by Dan » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:16 pm

Willy wrote:
Dan wrote:
Willy wrote:My next "must see" is American Gangster. Been wanting to see that for yonks.
I wouldn't bother. I found it so boring i fell asleep sitting on a bed watching it :D
You're a student, you're always in bed. How can I take your word for it? ;)
Key word is sitting. I wasn't actually trying to sleep!

Willy
Ageing international

Post by Willy » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:20 pm

Dan wrote:
Willy wrote:
Dan wrote:
Willy wrote:My next "must see" is American Gangster. Been wanting to see that for yonks.
I wouldn't bother. I found it so boring i fell asleep sitting on a bed watching it :D
Strange. I usually find it difficult to stay awake after a crate of Strongbow and 4 Chicken & Mushroom Pot Noodles. :D :P ;)

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:22 pm

Willy wrote:
Dan wrote:
Willy wrote:
Dan wrote:
Strange. I usually find it difficult to stay awake after a crate of Strongbow and 4 Chicken & Mushroom Pot Noodles. :D :P ;)
:D :D :D

That's even funnier cos i've got 2 crates of the stuff sitting in the corner of my room right now

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:28 pm

Dan wrote:That's even funnier cos i've got 2 crates of the stuff sitting in the corner of my room right now
You and your pot noodle. :scratch: ;)

Willy
Ageing international

Post by Willy » Thu Jan 31, 2008 12:31 pm

I can't say nowt. I'm partial to a tin of cheap, dry cider and the odd synthetic wheatflour snack myself.

iamarover
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by iamarover » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:21 pm

They were going to give him a minutes silence at all the Premiership games this weekend but his family asked for a minutes applause instead.

They said he would have appreciated a big hand.

Willy
Ageing international

Post by Willy » Thu Jan 31, 2008 1:35 pm

Very good. :lol:

Certainly raised a giggle from me.

watty
Promising youngster

Post by watty » Thu Jan 31, 2008 4:36 pm

Willy wrote:I can't say nowt. I'm partial to a tin of cheap, dry cider and the odd synthetic wheatflour snack myself.
Well you are from Burnley ;)

RoryoftheRovers
Regular international

Post by RoryoftheRovers » Thu Jan 31, 2008 10:51 pm

Willy wrote:
RoryoftheRovers wrote:
ethiaa wrote:
RoryoftheRovers wrote:I didnt think Neumonia was that serious, i mean i knew it could kill you but i thought it was quite rare modern day (even then those who do are prob. elderly).

Was it a suprise or what?!
It's much easier to die of pneumonia if you are having treatment for Leukaemia at the time... limited immune response.

Ahhhhhh! Sad. I did sort of grow up watching him on telly so although you dont realise there is still a connection.
You get very attached to people Rory. First it was Matt Jansen, now it's Jeremy Beadle....do you have some underlying issues we should know about? ;)

Nah, I was sad to hear about Jezza too. I was just talking to my other half about this sort of thing the other day. When you're a kid you hear your parents say, "oh no, such-and-such-a-person died", and you think, "yeah, so what?"...it's only when you get to a certain age that you realise the people who entertained you as a kid are mostly gonna die in your lifetime. The same thing happens with musicians, actors, any kind of entertainers really. I remember as a young 'un my mother was devastated when Freddy Mercury died.

I do your right, its a weakness i have. I'm just sad that life dealt him the shorthand.