House buying

Life's a bitch. Post your moans, groans and general annoyances here.
Ethiaa
Site Admin

Re: House buying

Post by Ethiaa » Thu Feb 07, 2019 11:44 am

I've always used an IFA to do as much of the legwork for me as possible. A couple of hundred quid but I think the gift of free time is worth it.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:03 pm

Gibbon wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:16 am
Oh man, if you have a housebuying experience that isn't like fighting a sack full of crabs then I'd be surprised. One of the most stressful undertakings I've ever experienced, and I've done it 3 times. It's worse when you're trying to sell too. Good luck mate.
That'll be me! 6 weeks done and dusted no problems.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:23 pm

mrblackbat wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:03 pm
Gibbon wrote:
Oh man, if you have a housebuying experience that isn't like fighting a sack full of crabs then I'd be surprised. One of the most stressful undertakings I've ever experienced, and I've done it 3 times. It's worse when you're trying to sell too. Good luck mate.
I assume you're not including the sale falling through that you started this thread for as part of that housebuying experience? ;) Although selling my old house last year was relatively stressed free, that only took 8 weeks.

Just to top things off, the mortgage company have seen on my credit report that I've swapped my car for one with cheaper monthly payments, but don't want to acknowledge the same credit report shows my old car is now paid off... :?

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Thu Feb 07, 2019 5:58 pm

Well the mortgage is sorted now

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Thu Feb 07, 2019 9:17 pm

Rover the Top wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:23 pm
mrblackbat wrote:
Thu Feb 07, 2019 3:03 pm
Gibbon wrote:
I assume you're not including the sale falling through that you started this thread for as part of that housebuying experience? ;) Although selling my old house last year was relatively stressed free, that only took 8 weeks.

Just to top things off, the mortgage company have seen on my credit report that I've swapped my car for one with cheaper monthly payments, but don't want to acknowledge the same credit report shows my old car is now paid off... :?
Different house buying experience, that one, which was shit; though also technically not a house buying experience....

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Fri Mar 08, 2019 12:23 pm

After a delay of 7 weeks, the sellers finally managed to get their (mostly complete) forms sent in. Rather strangely, they've put that they want to move somewhere as a "special requirement" for the completion date... :yeahright: