Work Rants

Life's a bitch. Post your moans, groans and general annoyances here.
User avatar
theadore
Inexperienced manager
Posts: 9551
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:25 pm

Re: Work Rants

Post by theadore » Sat Jun 29, 2013 2:34 pm

Wondering how I can steal Baron's soul using his NI number now.

User avatar
-BARON-23-
Promising manager
Posts: 11072
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:45 am
Location: Blackpool - Home, Luton - University
Contact:

Re: Work Rants

Post by -BARON-23- » Sat Jun 29, 2013 3:52 pm

Any chance a mod could remove that little information for me please :oops:

So is it right that i've had 20% of my wage took away? Sadly the office is not open till Monday :(

User avatar
theadore
Inexperienced manager
Posts: 9551
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 1:25 pm

Re: Work Rants

Post by theadore » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:05 pm

You should have an edit button on your own post next to the quote?

User avatar
Rover the Top
Experienced manager
Posts: 26788
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: Work Rants

Post by Rover the Top » Sat Jun 29, 2013 6:44 pm

Just read that the P38(s) (the form I mentioned last night) has been scrapped as part of the bullshit changes HMRC has made this year. :shrug: Employers now have to deduct tax and NI from students just as with every other employee. Whether they've used the right tax code for you, I don't know, depends what information you've given them. And you should still be able to claim the tax back from the tax office, because I can't believe you're earning enough annually to need to pay it.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/payerti/employee ... udents.htm

HMRC suck.

User avatar
-BARON-23-
Promising manager
Posts: 11072
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:45 am
Location: Blackpool - Home, Luton - University
Contact:

Re: Work Rants

Post by -BARON-23- » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:06 pm

theadore wrote:You should have an edit button on your own post next to the quote?
The other guy quoted it too!

EDIT - never mind he's already edited for me :)
Last edited by -BARON-23- on Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
-BARON-23-
Promising manager
Posts: 11072
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:45 am
Location: Blackpool - Home, Luton - University
Contact:

Re: Work Rants

Post by -BARON-23- » Sat Jun 29, 2013 7:06 pm

Rover the Top wrote:Just read that the P38(s) (the form I mentioned last night) has been scrapped as part of the bullshit changes HMRC has made this year. :shrug: Employers now have to deduct tax and NI from students just as with every other employee. Whether they've used the right tax code for you, I don't know, depends what information you've given them. And you should still be able to claim the tax back from the tax office, because I can't believe you're earning enough annually to need to pay it.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/payerti/employee ... udents.htm

HMRC suck.
Thanks mate :) It's April each year you can claim it back isn't it?

User avatar
Rover Ryan
Ageing international
Posts: 4777
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:42 am
Location: Bolton, England
Contact:

Re: Work Rants

Post by Rover Ryan » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:18 pm

-BARON-23- wrote:
Rover the Top wrote:Just read that the P38(s) (the form I mentioned last night) has been scrapped as part of the bullshit changes HMRC has made this year. :shrug: Employers now have to deduct tax and NI from students just as with every other employee. Whether they've used the right tax code for you, I don't know, depends what information you've given them. And you should still be able to claim the tax back from the tax office, because I can't believe you're earning enough annually to need to pay it.

http://www.hmrc.gov.uk/payerti/employee ... udents.htm

HMRC suck.
Thanks mate :) It's April each year you can claim it back isn't it?
You should automatically get any tax back that you have overpaid for the year in April but I think you can claim back a tax error by filling in (probably a mountain of) forms!!

User avatar
-BARON-23-
Promising manager
Posts: 11072
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:45 am
Location: Blackpool - Home, Luton - University
Contact:

Re: Work Rants

Post by -BARON-23- » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:40 pm

Ahh nice one! I'll let you know how it all goes on Monday when i ring the agency! I'd just like it sorted before i actually get paid a full weeks work! I've got rent to pay so could do with it all going into my bank :lol:

User avatar
Rover the Top
Experienced manager
Posts: 26788
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: Work Rants

Post by Rover the Top » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:47 pm

-BARON-23- wrote:Ahh nice one! I'll let you know how it all goes on Monday when i ring the agency! I'd just like it sorted before i actually get paid a full weeks work! I've got rent to pay so could do with it all going into my bank :lol:
So could everyone. :shrug: Not how this country works, though...

User avatar
Rover Ryan
Ageing international
Posts: 4777
Joined: Tue Aug 12, 2008 5:42 am
Location: Bolton, England
Contact:

Re: Work Rants

Post by Rover Ryan » Sat Jun 29, 2013 8:52 pm

-BARON-23- wrote:Ahh nice one! I'll let you know how it all goes on Monday when i ring the agency! I'd just like it sorted before i actually get paid a full weeks work! I've got rent to pay so could do with it all going into my bank :lol:
Agency :paranoid:
Is it not a charge? as they tend to take a percentage of a clients earnings!!
What is this Agency called?

User avatar
-BARON-23-
Promising manager
Posts: 11072
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:45 am
Location: Blackpool - Home, Luton - University
Contact:

Re: Work Rants

Post by -BARON-23- » Sat Jun 29, 2013 9:42 pm

Nope it's not a charge, i don't pay them anything. The workplace that use agencies pay the agencies hence how they make money :)

Premier People! I've used agencies when home from uni as my dad has links to them as he is a manager of a company himself and it's usually quick work for me whilst i'm home.

User avatar
Rover the Top
Experienced manager
Posts: 26788
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: Work Rants

Post by Rover the Top » Sat Jun 29, 2013 10:20 pm

Rover Ryan wrote:
-BARON-23- wrote:Ahh nice one! I'll let you know how it all goes on Monday when i ring the agency! I'd just like it sorted before i actually get paid a full weeks work! I've got rent to pay so could do with it all going into my bank :lol:
Agency :paranoid:
Is it not a charge? as they tend to take a percentage of a clients earnings!!
What is this Agency called?
Nah, it's PAYE and NI. HMRC have changed the rules. :wanker:

User avatar
-BARON-23-
Promising manager
Posts: 11072
Joined: Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:45 am
Location: Blackpool - Home, Luton - University
Contact:

Re: Work Rants

Post by -BARON-23- » Mon Jul 01, 2013 6:53 pm

Got it sorted today lads. I had to fill in a P38 basically declaring i was a full time student so next week i get what ever money i was taxed back from the previous two weeks :)

User avatar
Rover the Top
Experienced manager
Posts: 26788
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 9:39 am
Contact:

Re: Work Rants

Post by Rover the Top » Fri Sep 06, 2013 11:37 am

A conversation I've just had with my boss:

Him: "The internet keeps crashing when I go into it, are you having any problems?"
Me: "No, not really. Are you still using Internet Explorer as your browser?"
Him: "No, Google. Maybe I should try Chrome?"

:banghead:

User avatar
Dan
Unemployed ex-pro
Posts: 6587
Joined: Tue Apr 10, 2007 11:08 am
Contact:

Re: Work Rants

Post by Dan » Fri Sep 06, 2013 1:10 pm

Welcome to my job :D

Senior member of staff: "I can't logon to my PC, it says I've got the wrong password"
Me: "You might have mistyped it, or had caps lock on, did you try again?"
Staff: "I think it was right. Which password is it?"
Me: "The one you use to logon to the PC"
Staff: "But what is it? Is it the same as my emails?"
Me: "Dunno, did you have them the same"?
Staff: "I don't know. Do I have a password on my emails? I don't have to put one in."
Me: "Let me come up to your office and have a look."
.
.
.
Me: "That's not your username on the screen"
Staff: "No, ah, that's probably the issue isn't it.... let me try again....."
Me: "Yep, looks like it's fine now..."

:banghead:

Post Reply