Work Rants

Life's a bitch. Post your moans, groans and general annoyances here.
Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Re: Work Rants

Post by Dan » Fri Jan 20, 2012 12:20 am

Seriously?

They let you have a football in the canteen?!

:)

BMW318i
Experienced international star

Post by BMW318i » Fri Jan 20, 2012 9:12 am

Rovertheseas wrote:...Yes. At my primary school in Kirk Ella, near Hull.
Did you do in on purpose? Did she come at spit at your food straight after you did it? Did she scold you?. I've never heard of such an incident that's why im so curious to know more.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Fri Jan 20, 2012 1:17 pm

To be fair, if you got hit in the face by a football it'd be hard not to spit everywhere... :yeahright:

Rovertheseas

Post by Rovertheseas » Sat Jan 21, 2012 1:19 am

BMW318i wrote: Did you do in on purpose? Did she come at spit at your food straight after you did it? Did she scold you?. I've never heard of such an incident that's why im so curious to know more.
No, I did not do it on purpose, we were just kicking it around in the lunch hall, near the canteen opening. Tried to kick the ball back to my mate on the volley, shanked it and it went into the kitchen, and hit the lady standing over service section. She got angry, of course, and the ball got confiscated. Then when we lined up, as she ladled the food onto my plate, one of her fellow employees saw her slag in it, and she got hauled back into the kitchen by the supervisor. That was the last I saw of her :shrug: ....sinister

BMW318i

Post by BMW318i » Sat Jan 21, 2012 2:02 am

Oh she actually tried to do it without you knowing and someone caught her red handed, that is foul,really. But for her to do that i think you would have hit her really hard.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Nov 06, 2012 2:41 pm

Simon wrote:
Rover the Top wrote:Fucking nosey accountants, we don't need auditing, but they still like to scrutinise everything we do anyway. Why have wages gone up? (Because we've paid more money to staff). Why has the stock value gone up? (Because either prices have gone up or we're holding more of it). Do you still need to retain your general reserves? (We never really needed them in the first place, hence why they're called 'general reserves'). My stock answer would be 'fuck off', but I think I should probably be a little more diplomatic than that.
They're only doing it because if they can get a plausible explanation for things moving then it minimises the amount of work that needs to be done testing it. If something just looks downright odd then it'll be considered a higher risk area which needs a more thorough investigation.
This year, they wanted me to fill in an extensive questionnaire about how the company is run. This year, they wanted me to list our main staff and give details of what their jobs involved. This year, my response was only marginally more diplomatic than 'fuck off'. They reluctantly backed down. And like last year, the draft comes through with a few unexplained minor alterations. Looking back, some are going to be for similar reasons. It makes me wonder why I bother sending them the accounts we've already internally scrutinised, agreed and want them to package for submission to Companies House... :banghead:

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:34 pm

I hate project plans. The only thing I hate more than project plans is when I'm made to do one, then all the timescales I put on them aren't acceptable. So, I reduce them to what they want on the caveat that they're now ridiculously unrealistic and won't be met. Then, when it takes slightly less than I originally said, but substantially more than the adjusted figure that they wanted, I get shit.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Tue Jan 22, 2013 5:15 pm

mrblackbat wrote:I hate project plans. The only thing I hate more than project plans is when I'm made to do one, then all the timescales I put on them aren't acceptable. So, I reduce them to what they want on the caveat that they're now ridiculously unrealistic and won't be met. Then, when it takes slightly less than I originally said, but substantially more than the adjusted figure that they wanted, I get shit.
Wahay! Games industry in a nutshell. :lol:

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:53 pm

Anything IT related in a nutshell. Best of all, I love the way the freely admit to not knowing what I do or understanding database technology, but are perfectly prepared to use their opinion on how long things take or how easy they are over mine.

Oh well, maybe it's the kick I need to fuck off into contracting.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:17 am

Just had a sales rep complaining that he thinks it's unfair that he was paid in accordance with our sick pay rules when he was off sick this month because he was sick... :?

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Thu Jan 31, 2013 10:44 am

Igor has chickenpox. :-(

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:10 am

Gibbon wrote:Igor has chickenpox. :-(
That's good news... better now than when she's older.

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:10 am

Chicken Plague Party!

Rover Ryan
Ageing international

Post by Rover Ryan » Thu Jan 31, 2013 11:13 am

Gibbon wrote:Igor has chickenpox. :-(
Poor Tyke :(

I remember my Mum taking me to a Party when I was little that she admitted recently was a Pox-Party. Something to do with kids have a better immunity to it than adults do and you can only get it once.

iamarover
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by iamarover » Mon Apr 29, 2013 2:20 pm

I've achieved what Rovers haven't this season, a promotion! :hyper: