Work Rants

Life's a bitch. Post your moans, groans and general annoyances here.
theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:01 pm

i want a new job.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Re:

Post by Gibbon » Thu Oct 04, 2007 2:20 pm

theadore wrote:i want a new job.

link
:scratch:

Though I've got to say, catching an elephants crap in a sack holds a strange appeal. :-D

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Thu Oct 04, 2007 4:38 pm

right now... i'd consider them all.

:-(

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Fri Oct 05, 2007 3:44 pm

My boss is stupid. He's only just got round to submitting a claim for an accident he had in January 2006. We have since changed our insurance company, and he wonders why our current insurers won't pay for the repairs... :rofl:

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Tue Oct 16, 2007 10:00 am

Oh dear.

Our IT have been in touch to advise that the Cisco reports server will now not generate any real time reports. Now if we need to get any of the reports that we have previously checked daily we ned to go back in time to the day before and schedule a report to run overnight so we have it in the morning.

The only alternative is to schedule all the reports I might need each day and run them all in the morning... which I did and it took 30 minutes to run 10% of a report.

No chance of getting this fixed because nobody cares, so all our managers now have no idea how much work their staff have done.

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Tue Oct 16, 2007 12:22 pm

Sounds awesome to me.

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:27 pm

A guy in my office has started drinking Lamb OXO at his desk... this is his 3rd cup today.

:vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit:

watty
Promising youngster

Re:

Post by watty » Tue Oct 16, 2007 2:35 pm

theadore wrote:A guy in my office has started drinking Lamb OXO at his desk... this is his 3rd cup today.

:vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit: :vomit:
Not a fan of it then ;)

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Fri Oct 26, 2007 12:18 pm

Bloody insurers for work are doing my head in: I have to send off an Excel spreadsheet listing the cars in our fleet... should be very simple, but there's two problems that they've caused and are getting arsey because I haven't sorted them out. Because I can't. :doh: :wanker: Firstly, they didn't include the registrations for two vehicles when they made the spreadsheet, so have asked me to change them. But they've password protected the spreadsheet so I can't. :numpty; And also, they're complaining that I'm sending the wrong spreadsheet back to them, when it's the only one they've sent me... :-?

streakyb
Valued squad member

Post by streakyb » Wed Oct 31, 2007 2:58 pm

Not a happy man. firstly spent Monday and Tuesday working in Milan, including travel they were 14+ hour days. On our new flexitime system they are counted as 8 hours (hopefully they will change that after the trial).

Then I have just heard that they are considering offering £1000 pounds if we find anyone to fill our job vacancies. Firstly the reason they cant fill the Software vacancy is that they are not advertising it in the right places ( I havent seen it advertised anywhere). Secondly I put Matt into contact with our recruiment person and didnt even get a thankyou.

To say I am not happy is an understatement.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Re:

Post by Rover the Top » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:02 pm

streakyb wrote:Secondly I put Matt into contact with our recruiment person and didnt even get a thankyou.
Just count yourself lucky they didn't fire you for such bad judgement! :rofl:

streakyb
Valued squad member

Re:

Post by streakyb » Wed Oct 31, 2007 3:05 pm

Rover the Top wrote:Just count yourself lucky they didn't fire you for such bad judgement! :rofl:
Hes doing very well by recent standards. Several of those recruited in the three years I have been here have either been sacked within months (just over a month for the last person) or leave.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Wed Nov 28, 2007 10:33 am

Fucking arse! One of the girls in our NI office made a complete balls up of entering figures from the cash books into the computer system - put all the journals in to last years' nominal ledger instead of posting them into the future nominal ledger... the net result being that my opening balances for this year were bullshit, and certain expenses weren't recorded... anyway, I was the one who had to fix everything under time pressure, and I made one mistake which my boss has just picked up on, and now it looks like I'm incompetent coz I can't say for certain that that's the only thing that's wrong, as I don't have access to the system from here to check... :doh:

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Re:

Post by Dan » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:11 am

Rover the Top wrote:Fucking arse! One of the girls in our NI office made a complete balls up of entering figures from the cash books into the computer system - put all the journals in to last years' nominal ledger instead of posting them into the future nominal ledger... the net result being that my opening balances for this year were bullshit, and certain expenses weren't recorded... anyway, I was the one who had to fix everything under time pressure, and I made one mistake which my boss has just picked up on, and now it looks like I'm incompetent coz I can't say for certain that that's the only thing that's wrong, as I don't have access to the system from here to check... :doh:
Make a suggestion to your boss..? :-)

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Wed Nov 28, 2007 11:15 am

\"A punchbag could be kept in a staff room/chillout area for those on breaks to take out their frustrations on.\"
I already spot a flaw as to why such a thing wouldn't work here... :scratch: