Cars

Life's a bitch. Post your moans, groans and general annoyances here.
Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Re: Cars

Post by Dan » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:03 pm

Got any protected no claims discount?
I agree it probably won't be cheap, but might be worth getting a quote for repairs first, that way you can weigh it up against potential premium increases.

Easiest way is to ring your insurance company and just ask.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:06 pm

iamarover wrote:It doesn't matter.
Easy for you to say, it's not your rock.

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Thu Mar 17, 2016 1:16 pm

Gibbon wrote:
iamarover wrote:It doesn't matter.
Easy for you to say, it's not your rock.
Excellent japes

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Sat Apr 16, 2016 4:03 pm

Gotta love automatic car insurance renewal prices. Only £300 more expensive than the same company and policy through a comparison website...

Complaint lodged citing FCA Treating Customers Fairly rules....

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Mon May 23, 2016 9:55 am

mrblackbat wrote:Thanks to the cunt who bumped my car whilst parked and fucked off without leaving a note or anything. :x
Just got rear ended this morning too! At least it'll be a new bumper now so the damage from the cunt that fucked off will be sorted.... silver lining and all that.

RoryoftheRovers
Regular international

Post by RoryoftheRovers » Mon May 23, 2016 12:27 pm

mrblackbat wrote:
mrblackbat wrote:Thanks to the cunt who bumped my car whilst parked and fucked off without leaving a note or anything. :x
Just got rear ended this morning too! At least it'll be a new bumper now so the damage from the cunt that fucked off will be sorted.... silver lining and all that.
Nice! - I've been holding out for a head on collision to get the rock damage sorted...

*where I am not liable...

RoryoftheRovers
Regular international

Post by RoryoftheRovers » Mon Jul 04, 2016 11:19 am

Just sorting myself a new car, chose to go down the route of a personal lease rather than a company car - Works out less tax...

I've been looking for an mid size SUV, to carry me over for the next couple of years. I drive a CLA and the wife has a range rover evoque. We both get a decent allowance, but both cars are entirely impracticable for travelling anywhere due to space.

The long game is to pool our allowances and get a big SUV and a smaller run around although the wife still has until next sept till she can give the RR back.

Anyway, didn't get the SUV because they weren't all that supported, but did find a good deal on an AUDI A6 Avant S Line Ultra Black Edition for years. Not a massive fan of an estate as I believe at 31 I'm too yougn to drive one.... :yeahright:

Lots of brokers were trying to get me to do it, but AUDI Blackburn beat them all! If you're looking for a new car, speak to Steve Edgington there who will get you the best deal possible.

For anyone interested in the deal I got,

2yrs
10k Per annum
£446pm Fully maintained with Road fund license.

Anyone driven an Audi before?

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Wed Oct 05, 2016 5:31 pm

Some lunatic (in an Audi, unsurprisingly) proper wound himself up behind me tonight, with hilarious consequences. Started off when I let a bus finish pulling out in front of me; which was sensible cause I'd have crashed into it if not.

Then obviously the bus needed to stop at other stops, blocking up the road with oncoming traffic: no option but to wait and only took a few seconds. Nutter behind me starts with the horn. Happened again and he starts with the horn straight away and swearing etc.

Then, I had the temerity to need to turn right. So, whilst waiting for a gap, our happy chap starts getting really irate, with wanker signs screaming and the lot; full horn blasts etc. When there's a gap, i turn seeing him in the mirror, hanging out the window screaming abuse at me. Then a bang.

He crashed into the back of the bus.

:lol:

Ethiaa
Site Admin

Post by Ethiaa » Wed Oct 05, 2016 6:39 pm

Oh, you so should have stopped to ask if he was OK. And taken a photo. Wonderful.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Thu Oct 06, 2016 7:50 am

Did you stop to give your details to the bus driver as a witness?

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:10 am

No, didn't see the crash, just heard it. Plus, the guy was so angry and aggressive he probably would have got violent, I think.

iamarover
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by iamarover » Thu Oct 06, 2016 10:20 am

Was it Ronnie Pickering?

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Thu Oct 06, 2016 11:22 am

Love it when morons get instant Karma.

I saw a similar one a few days ago, at an awkward junction where one road has three lanes approaching a junction but directly across there are only two (and a bus stop) which causes all kinds of chaos.
A lad in a little Clio was cutting in front of anyone he could, switching lanes, then back again, then tried to overtake a stopped bus by squeezing into a gap between it and a car in the next lane. The other car drove on oblivious, the Clio completely misjudged how close to the bus he could get and went straight into the back corner of it.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Wed Jun 14, 2017 11:50 am

Young lad ran into the back of my car last week at some traffic lights (which were on red). Not being a heartless swine, I said I'd let him know about the quote since he offered to pay himself to keep his premium down, but fully expected him to change his mind when I got it. But no, he seems to think it's reasonable to suggest I forego having my car collected and a replacement vehicle supplied, and instead drive down to his mate's garage in Macclesfield where he can get it patched up on the cheap whilst I sit around with no transport... :doh:

mrblackbat
Promising manager

Post by mrblackbat » Wed Jun 14, 2017 12:58 pm

Sounds familiar. No doubt he'll think unduly done by when you insist on it being done properly...