Cars

Life's a bitch. Post your moans, groans and general annoyances here.
Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Cars

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Jun 17, 2008 2:32 pm

Had my car in for a service t'other week... it needed a couple of things doing, but the girl had taken my number down wrong, and so I didn't find out until I got my car back. So, I've booked it in again today - just got a phone call saying they don't have one of the parts and can't do the other job until they fit it. And the guy sounded surprised I needed my car back tonight after I asked them to collect it from my workplace... :-? Fucking clowns... :clown;

iamarover
Unemployed ex-pro

Re: Cars

Post by iamarover » Tue Jun 17, 2008 3:10 pm

if you've taken it to the clown garage prepare for your wheels to fall off, loud bangs and 'comedy' smoke.

on the plus side, you'll be able to fit more people in.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Jun 17, 2008 4:32 pm

The guy who collects the cars for them can't understand what they're doing either...

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:23 pm

Finally had the car fixed today - for some reason, they've sent the bill to some lease company instead... :lol:

iamarover
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by iamarover » Tue Sep 30, 2008 1:55 pm

After having a new Clutch and Exhaust last month, my car managed to snap it's handbrake cable last night as i got home from work. Luckily, although my road is on a hill we have a side road opposite where it's level and i could park overnight.

I took my car in this morning to get fixed ad got a lift onwards to work.

I then got a call at about 10 asking where my Alloy Wheel key (i'm no boy racer, they came as standard on my car) is. I have no reason to take the box of bits out of my car but they couldn't find it anywhere.

I got a friend from work to drive me over there this lunchtime and sure enough they aren't in there. My mate then drove me home so i could look there and I spent 40 minutes(it's not even a big house) turning it over so now it looks like i've been burgled. Still no luck.

So now on top of the money I've already shelled out on the car in the last month, and the cost of a new handbrake + labour, I've also got to pay out for an alloy wheel key kit so they can do the work!

The little bugger! :doh: :xxx:

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:13 pm

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:20 pm

I was expecting that to be a spoof site... :D

Head Rover Heels
Valued squad member

Post by Head Rover Heels » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:13 pm

iamarover wrote:So now on top of the money I've already shelled out on the car in the last month, and the cost of a new handbrake + labour, I've also got to pay out for an alloy wheel key kit so they can do the work!

The little bugger! :doh: :xxx:
Ok, so i'll say this very tentatively, and whilst standing near this handy rock for me to duck behind just in case, but did you look in the spare wheel well? That's where mine turned up, a week after buying a new one for the very same reasons.

iamarover
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by iamarover » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:26 pm

i did indeed, looked in and under the spare wheel in the boot, glove box etc. plus turned the house upside down. i think i may have accidentally discarded it when i was clearing out the car a few months ago and forgot to put it back in.

Head Rover Heels
Valued squad member

Post by Head Rover Heels » Mon Oct 13, 2008 4:43 pm

It's an easy mistake to make - I wouldn't have had a clue what it was before i bought a new one. Just looked like a bag of scrap.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:46 am

My left rear wheel must be magnetic. Since I bought the car 3 1/2 years ago, I've had 5 screws/nails get stuck in it... 3 of them were all at once earlier this year. It's not so surprising that I get the odd screw or nail stuck in the tyre since I work for a place that sells them. But I'm puzzled why they always end up in the same wheel.

Was half an hour late for work this morning having had to change the tyre to a speed-restricted spare - just what you need when you're late, being forced to drive 20 mph slower than you would normally. Anyway, I've got the alloy key, the problem I have is getting the silly plastic covers off the other bolts. Two came off easily, but the last one took about 8 minutes to prise off. And then, having got the bolts out, the wheel wouldn't actually come off - at which point the hail came and gave me a good soaking.

But, my mood has since been brightened by the fact I've been given a nice payrise. Maybe I will be able to afford my new mortgage rate after all... :D

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:51 am

Rover the Top wrote:My left rear wheel must be magnetic. Since I bought the car 3 1/2 years ago, I've had 5 screws/nails get stuck in it... 3 of them were all at once earlier this year. It's not so surprising that I get the odd screw or nail stuck in the tyre since I work for a place that sells them. But I'm puzzled why they always end up in the same wheel.
Hind behind your car with a cricket bat tonight and wait for the little chavs who've been putting them in front of your wheel...
Rover the Top wrote:But, my mood has since been brightened by the fact I've been given a nice payrise. Maybe I will be able to afford my new mortgage rate after all... :D
Yay! Now you just have to accidentally slip in an extra 0 when you're rejigging the payroll and you're sorted for the recession. :hyper:

iamarover
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by iamarover » Thu Oct 16, 2008 9:57 am

Have you disgruntled a colleague?

Congrats on the payrise though, screw you recession!

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:02 am

Gibbon wrote: Hind behind your car with a cricket bat tonight and wait for the little chavs who've been putting them in front of your wheel...
Was suggested last time, when the tyre people couldn't believe I'd got three screws in the same tyre through bad luck... however, I'm almost certain I picked up the latest one yesterday at work.
Rover the Top wrote:But, my mood has since been brightened by the fact I've been given a nice payrise. Maybe I will be able to afford my new mortgage rate after all... :D
Yay! Now you just have to accidentally slip in an extra 0 when you're rejigging the payroll and you're sorted for the recession. :hyper:[/quote]
Except what would then happen is the company will go bankrupt when they're missing a large chunk of money in a year's time, and I'll end up in prison having being investigated for fraud.
Plus, if I was going to rob the country, I wouldn't send half of what I'm nicking off to the government. Or is that a good idea, as it'll make them my accomplices... :scratch:

iamarover
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by iamarover » Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:58 am

My car needs a new roll bar. After months of light scrapey noises on one particular corner on the way to work, I had loads of horrible clunking noises and scrapes all the way into work today when i went over any bump or round any corner.

Garage say it'll cost over £200 parts and labour. Plus they can't get the bit until tuesday.

I've got to drive to Dorset this afternoon (2hours) so that'll be fun. The garage are going to do some welding today so that it won't make so much horrible noises until next week.

Anyone else had any experience with this kind of thing?