Cars

Life's a bitch. Post your moans, groans and general annoyances here.
Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Re: Cars

Post by Rover the Top » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:29 am

Joe wrote:
Rover the Top wrote:I used Megabus once. I won't make the mistake again.
Been perfectly fine the 4 journeys I've taken in the last few months. About 5-6 hours. Clean. Air-conditioned. Plenty of space. And £5-£10

I guess you fly first class or something since your bad megabus experience.
No, I use a car... ;) Quicker, cleaner, more personal space, under my own control and I can make sure anyone sharing the journey with me is toilet-trained... the only thing the Megabus had going for it was that it was cheap.

Savory
Promising manager

Post by Savory » Thu Aug 09, 2012 8:31 am

theadore wrote:I travel everywhere by rick shaw
bet he's a good ride :P

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Thu Sep 13, 2012 12:11 pm

More MID problems. Now we're getting letters saying all the cars we've bought between June 2010 and August 2011 are not on the database. I know they were there last time I had access... :shrug:

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Tue Jan 29, 2013 7:35 pm

Anyone ever bought a car from a car auction? I've registered with the British car auction site and am considering this method of buying my next means of transport.

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Mon Feb 25, 2013 12:18 pm

Just wanted to check when my car is due for an MOT, so went on the DVLA site to see if you can get the date online... you can, but only if you have either your MOT or log book to hand. If I did have those with me, I wouldn't need to go on a website... :shrug:

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Tue Apr 09, 2013 11:48 am

Rover the Top wrote:More MID problems. Now we're getting letters saying all the cars we've bought between June 2010 and August 2011 are not on the database. I know they were there last time I had access... :shrug:
6 months after I thought I'd fixed this problem, the same set of cars have disappeared off our MID list again. :shrug:

Rover the Moon
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Rover the Moon » Fri Apr 26, 2013 2:38 pm

Rover the Top wrote:I used Megabus once. I won't make the mistake again.
Topic revival but I agree. Used them once for a trip from Manchester to London.

The coach got as far as halfway down the Princess parkway when it broke down and we then went all the way to London on one of those shitty Magic Bus double deckers that plough their way from Manchester to East Didsbury 1000 times a day picking up the filthy students and other miscreants along Oxford Road. All the suitcases were on the lower deck whilst the passengers sat on the upper. It took that long the clocks went forwards mid journey and every windowledge was full of water as the windows leaked.

The return journey was by some shithole sub-contract coach who drove at 80mph around hairpin bends and decided to go back to Manchester via the M1 and accross the A50/A500 to the M6 with no service stops....except one when he pulled up at a layby on the A50 (after a few hours of passenger requests) for everyone to have a piss :roll:

Let the train take the strain

Rover the Top
Experienced manager

Post by Rover the Top » Thu Aug 08, 2013 4:16 pm

Car in for a service today. I told them to ring me at work rather than call my mobile because it's turned off whilst I'm in the office. It's time for me to go home and I've not heard from them, so I turn my mobile on, and of course there's an answer phone message from them. Pricks. Still, at £69 for a full service, I guess I shouldn't be surprised that basic customer service isn't included...

Darth Rover
Ageing international

Post by Darth Rover » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:34 pm

I had my service and MOT last month. Instead of letting the mobile guy who comes and takes my car away and brings it back with MOT secured for another twelve months i opted for my local Equipe outlet. The mobile guy usually cost about £200 tops with a few minor things maintained and the car doesn't feel any different to drive. Equipe cost £560 which included three new tyres, brake fluid change, new brake pads along with the service and MOT. The car feels and drives better than anytime i've owned it so money well spent i think although mobile guy might be getting a call next year.

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:10 am

More traffic than cars, but it took me two hours to do 14 miles this morning all because some tit decided to go faster than ever round a roundabout in torrential rain this morning and ended up stuck into a concrete wall, closing possibly the busiest roundabout in Nottingham, blocking up the ring road (possibly the busiest road in Nottingham), and causing a 5 mile tailback in every possible direction into and out of the city. My journey into work should definitely not have to involve me hearing the news on the radio FIVE times. :-x

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:20 am

could be worse... I walked this morning.

:(

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:28 am

I probably could have walked quicker and arrived at work less annoyed to be honest. Soaking wet, but less annoyed.

Gibbon
Promising manager

Post by Gibbon » Wed Oct 02, 2013 11:55 am

Dan wrote:My journey into work should definitely not have to involve me hearing the news on the radio FIVE times. :-x
Quite right. You should get one of those radios that can pick up more than one station. :hyper:

Dan
Unemployed ex-pro

Post by Dan » Wed Oct 02, 2013 12:48 pm

I didn't say it was the same news, all the stations seem to do it every half hour at that time in the morning ;)
All the three I tried did anyway

theadore
Inexperienced manager

Post by theadore » Wed Oct 02, 2013 1:54 pm

Or get a CD player.. and a copy of 'Now that's what I call Donk!"